You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JJDOU3D

Bismark loosing Hydroacoustic Search?

38 comments in this topic

Members
675 posts
3,957 battles

I read in another thread that a change in the upcoming patch says this :

"Bismarck: Hydroacoustic Search was replaced with a standard consumable for Tier VIII"

Does it mean it looses it at all?

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,734 posts
26,570 battles

No. It just gets a shorter ranged one.

Members
337 posts
4,434 battles

Unless something has changed, its German hydro is getting replaced with regular hydro. Not lost, just changed.

Edited by fish_Jones

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,734 posts
26,570 battles

beacause of crybabies :/

Yep. Totally. Not because Bismarck has been steadily overperforming since its introduction at all.
  • Cool 8

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

and with new skill set, if you take vigilence, it stacks with hydro so you get most of the lost range back. 

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

Bismarck is losing one of the things that actually makes it unique. Good hydro. Too many people cry about it being OP in ranked which is far from the truth.

Not like regular T8 hydro doesn't have 4.44km ship detection and 3.18km torpedo detection or anything, or she is the only T8 BB to have 10.6km secondaries...nope, ship's devoid of anything and everything that gives her any worth.:rolleyes:

Edited by TenguBlade
  • Cool 3

[BWC]
Beta Testers
3,440 posts
9,986 battles

Yep. Totally. Not because Bismarck has been steadily overperforming since its introduction at all.

You know, one of the annoying things about changes like this is that WG is typically very bad in explaining changes to players when they happen.  The notes I saw on the EU server were considerably better at this than NA, but even so, the reason for many of the changes remain unexplained.  Players are going to come up with their own explanations if WG won't supply them, so it's not surprising people might have the impression the nerf to the Bismark is punitive (as many IJN players still feel the changes to the DDs of that nation have been).

Members
5,206 posts
3,461 battles

You know, one of the annoying things about changes like this is that WG is typically very bad in explaining changes to players when they happen.  The notes I saw on the EU server were considerably better at this than NA, but even so, the reason for many of the changes remain unexplained.  Players are going to come up with their own explanations if WG won't supply them, so it's not surprising people might have the impression the nerf to the Bismark is punitive (as many IJN players still feel the changes to the DDs of that nation have been).

Exactly Jakob. The EU notes explained the change, the fact that it would stack with vigilance post captain skill overhaul and that would put a real hop in the wheel that is ranked battles.

Bismarck is still wicked strong even with the change, and the ranked environment will still have plenty of them.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,734 posts
26,570 battles

You know, one of the annoying things about changes like this is that WG is typically very bad in explaining changes to players when they happen.

You'll find no argument here.

[MAR_U]
Members
667 posts
8,117 battles

Bismarck is losing one of the things that actually makes it unique. Good hydro. Too many people cry about it being OP in ranked which is far from the truth.

Not like 10.6km secondaries at tier 8 don't make it unique or anything.
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

Not like 10.6km secondaries at tier 8 don't make it unique or anything.

Oh how I love waking up to Bis secondaries in the morning :)

Alpha Tester
444 posts
2,983 battles

*facepalm*

Yep, Bis over performing is all the fault of that special consumable. Nothing of interest to note in her other characteristics that might giver her a strong advantage, so we'll just slightly nerf the hydro and that will be that.

Also, USN battleships need ahistorical citadels and secondaries because otherwise they might overperform.

[NG-NL]
Members
7,141 posts
12,577 battles

Personally this is a stupid nerf.

Should have ignored the crybabies altogether.

• Cool 1

-Members-
6,960 posts
10,623 battles

Personally this is a stupid nerf.

Should have ignored the crybabies altogether.

This comes from experience.

Bismarck's hydro provides a huge advantage and with the skills and upgrades I have, I'm essentially immune to devastating DD strikes while my Hydro is on. I have no qualms with her hydro being nerfed.

[WFR]
Members
622 posts

well, WG said that it was only overperforming in Ranked and they considered it fine for normal play. nerfing a ship just for one game mode that most people don't play and that isn't even available much if not most of the time is a bit awkward.

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

well, WG said that it was only overperforming in Ranked and they considered it fine for normal play. nerfing a ship just for one game mode that most people don't play and that isn't even available much if not most of the time is a bit awkward.

Even if she lost hydro completely for Ranked only, she'd still be good.  10.6km secondaries make for an amazing fire-support platform against DDs, especially with the high velocity of the German secondary guns.  Which is not in the least why I'm suffering from secondhand disgrace at all the idiots who think the substitute of German hydro for normal hydro will make her unplayable and boring.

[DOOP]
Members
856 posts
2,442 battles

Indeed.. beacause of crybabies :/

Really? Your secondaries negate an entire class of ships. If I'm spotted, all you have to do is wipe the cheetos off your shirt and not worry about me, your bots do the rest. Much skill. Oh, and now you can't rush smoke with impunity? Poor guy. Poor, poor fellow. 

Guess what? With this huge NERF, you just have to get a little closer to let the bots inflate your damage and stroke your e-peen, while you catch up on Sex in the City on Netflix.

Beta Testers
2,855 posts
9,046 battles

How about the 39 ships that are overperforming even more than Bismark is? Or Amagi, close to the same winrate despite having twice as many games played to stabilize its WR even more? This nerf makes little sense as Bismark's hydro is already super situational. Would have almost the same impact in winrate as nerfing Zao's secondary guns.
  • Cool 1

[SPTR]
Members
20,155 posts
6,159 battles

How about the 39 ships that are overperforming even more than Bismark is? Or Amagi, close to the same winrate despite having twice as many games played to stabilize its WR even more? This nerf makes little sense as Bismark's hydro is already super situational. Would have almost the same impact in winrate as nerfing Zao's secondary guns.

Already super situational. 

Uh... Have you not seen destroyers, torpedoes and smoke? Normal Hydro is situational, debatable (requires timing and all, but normal hydros usually are placed in already far more maneuverable crusiers with faster turning guns, so they can turn and dodge torpedoes even without hydro... But this is a BB, hydro allows it to have ease that it can dodge Torps properly for a third of a match without needing to turn and get their slower-moving guns off target and to break away from their angle just to dodge possible torpedoes), but not German Hydro. The range on that thing is [edited]. It makes the Bismarck a DD killer... And the balance is DD>BB.

And as for the 39 other ships, they probably aren't going to be used for ranked. Don't quote me on that. Amagi may have lower damage, but don't quote me on that.  

Edited by khaenn35