You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lert

Heartbreak plus some basic math

28 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,734 posts
26,570 battles

Heartbreak:

N8NnFLK.jpg

Not gonna bother with the replay. The battle was fairly boring, actually. Just a lot of smokesitting and HE throwing. We lost because our team didn't sufficiently push for the caps, and the red team did. Play the objective, people!

Basic math:

Xl0Eb1K.jpg    +    MASuMI6.jpg    +    VUOYNRA.jpg

=

FflohQi.gif

I won this ship in a $3 santa's box that a fellow forumite very generously threw at me and it's quickly become one of my favorite ships. The amount of abuse I get for lighting the world on fire though ... It's actually funny if you can sit back and let it slide off of you.

I'm a bad cat. I know.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,734 posts
26,570 battles

$3 Santa Box + RNGesus Blessing = $46 Premium Ship

To be fair, the majority of boxes I got had camos in them.

[SCCC]
Members
3,181 posts
17,491 battles

I can't wait for the day that HE becomes as hard to use as AP. There is zero skill involved with flinging some shells at a ship and watch the dice roll in your favor as you light the ship on fire, letting it do the rest of the work for you. Whereas angling bounces AP for zero damage.

Members
5,202 posts

Those boxes are robbery...

Bought another $3 box the other day and landed a Tirpitz. Now sitting at ~$230 spend and over $600 worth of content received.

Back on topic, nice game! Sorry it had to be a loss. I suffered a similar fate in my Hindy this morning. 240k damage,  2 kills, 30 planes shot down, top XP on both teams... and we lost. 

Members
57 posts
1,717 battles

To be fair, the majority of boxes I got had camos in them.

You're lucky - most of mine had Emdens in 'em hehe.

(oh well, it gave me doubloons after the first one)

Members
800 posts
7,359 battles

I'm a bad cat. I know.

That's a tautology.

And damn, that's the double of the flames that I can get in a 20 minutes game with the Ishizuchi. What's the fire chance for this thing?

[DAMP]
In AlfaTesters, In AlfaTesters
2,688 posts
14,166 battles

Gotta love the MO

shot-17.01.04_15.13.55-0855.jpg

shot-17.01.04_15.13.55-0855.jpg

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,734 posts
26,570 battles

Wait....your exp....and...my exp...

Had some bonuses going, and am on premium account. My base XP for that game was 1549, you probably had higher base. Still noteworthy our XPs were the same. :)

Gotta love the MO

Yeah, MO will farm all the credits. Don't have one though. I burned a Gamescom 2016 camo and a Zulu flag for this match, am trying for as many 500k credit matches as I can for the convoys campaign.

most of mine had Emdens in 'em

I think I opened about 35 boxes of all three types, and ended up with a Kutuzov, an Anshan, a Lo Yang, an Indianapolis and 3x Atlanta for boats.

[VANN]
[VANN]
Members
965 posts
6,154 battles

I see your Kutuzov and raise you my Bayern match from this morning...

if52rq.jpg

I feel your pain. I am pulling off some nicer games these days, but they seem to follow the same plot line as your example.  Nice game, Lert!

[GUYS]
Alpha Tester
2,768 posts
4,462 battles

Had some bonuses going, and am on premium account. My base XP for that game was 1549, you probably had higher base. Still noteworthy our XPs were the same. :)

So...So was mine.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,734 posts
26,570 battles

So...So was mine.

Huh.

Copycat.

Members
6,589 posts
8,581 battles

So...So was mine.

I'd wager that Lert was hitting some higher tiered targets which would have slightly boosted his earnings, whereas in your Yamato, you can only damage equal tier or lower ships, so it slightly reduces your earnings.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,734 posts
26,570 battles

I'd wager that Lert was hitting some higher tiered targets

Nope. Was a tier 8 match. I got 11 'defended' ribbons though, that adds up.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,734 posts
26,570 battles

Says the cat!

To the tabby.

[JKSDF]
Beta Testers
545 posts
2,691 battles

Normally not my thing to whine, but... My problem with the Kutuzov is that it's a 18km, high velocity, good accuracy, fire-starting salt shaker... With Smoke. I realize Russian DD are the same way, but they don't have the barrels or range. Belfast doesn't even have the velocity or (I think) fire chance, so it can't really match. I think Kutuzov's the only ship that can legitimately make me salty, especially when it puts me on triple-quad fire in one salvo, from 16km away, with no chance of a reprisal from me or anyone on my team unless they're in radar range of the red menace.

I don't mind the current state of fires, even when I play flammable battleships. If I can at least shoot back or they're cleverly using an island, then I don't mind at all. Though I realize Premium ships really aren't likely to change, so... Oh well.

Members
330 posts
4,066 battles

I watched a Kutuzov get a double strike against a tier VIII and a tier IX BB the other day. Also burned most of my health in a Gneaseau(sp?) before I died to the Bismarck he was camping behind. He must have had a crazy amount of fire damage for just sailing around in a circle behind that BB and sitting in smoke sometimes.

HE and fire allowed a tier VIII CA to melt 3 BBs of different tiers with no real movement or skill involved. Fun and engaging....

[FAE]
Members
2,626 posts
3,982 battles

Like that one game someone got 9 kills in a zoo or something and still lost the game.  heartbreak.

happens way too often in this game.  
It would be nice if something like 33% of our games weren't 11v11:   8v8, 5v5, 3v3. 

Edited by BlailBlerg