Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Peregrinas

Why do I keep playing

15 comments in this topic

[WG-CC]
[WG-CC]
Wiki Editor, Members
855 posts
9,538 battles

Probably because you are good, so it's trying to get you to help the other team play better.

[APOC]
[APOC]
Members
1,980 posts
7,109 battles

"I don't think there is a word for it in English."

- Angry German

Edit: whoops wrong word q8^)

Edited by GG_Bootcamp

[SCCC]
Members
3,181 posts
17,487 battles

Probably because you are good, so it's trying to get you to help the other team play better.

There is zero skill-based MM here. It's pure random. For someone unfortunate like me to have net-negative luck, I will average more potatoes on my teams than on the enemy.

[13TH]
Members
4,899 posts
9,119 battles

You otta be on my teams,last 30 games in various Cruisers I only lost 4 battles till I played the next 20 so far I've won 2 ,thought it was going to be 3 As we had 6 ships enemy 4 score close, fire a volly look up and just me left .. for about 10 seconds, have no idea what happened , go figure.. The winner to the Looser

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,276 posts
23,606 battles

You keep playing because of the awesome games you have and because WOWS has the fun factor. Win or loose the game is fun. On a side note. It might be interesting if you looked up the stats of all of those involved and see if it was a mismatch or not.

Edited by paradat

Members
3,010 posts
10,193 battles

I guess the true question isn't why do you keep playing, but rather why keep beating a dead horse? That poor thing. :(

Fact of the matter is, you know that the other team is just as likely to get a "potato" just as likely as you are. "Luck" has nothing to do with it and is a subjective perspective. The "skill" aspect to MM has been gone over time and time again with no true answer by the community with regards to a cut off IE at what point would one group the "skills"? Queue only +/-2% win ratio's? And is a Win Ratio truly indicative of "skill"? Furthermore, this would have to be broken down into Tier blocks as well as, did the user division or not?

This "skill" you are referring to has to deal with the individual at any specific time and anything can happen on their end (power bump, wife slapping them to take out the trash, whatever). Point being, the other team is just as likely to have that happen to them as you are. If that wasn't the case, you wouldn't be sitting at a 61.43% win ratio yourself.

I didn't pull that number up until I typed it. So, now that I have I can only think of two possibilities, but please correct me if I am wrong here as I'm only trying to figure out where you are coming from.

What do you want:

1) Are you wanting to bring attention to your win ratio in this and other threads? Is that why you keep bringing up the "non skill based" MM?

2) You truly want to achieve a 90%+ win ratio and would still be upset by not having won them all because "it's someone else' fault"?

Again, trying to figure out your logic here. Please help me and possibly others understand.

• Cool 1

[VANN]
[VANN]
Members
965 posts
6,096 battles

You keep playing because of the awesome games you have and because WOWS has the fun factor. Win or loose the game is fun.

I'd have to agree with this statement!  I am getting higher damage scores, contributing more to my teams, but I still can't seem to get my win rate over 49% at 550 games.  I know it's still early for me, but the difficulty in carrying games makes WoWS simultaneously really frustrating, but also motivating for me.

Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
6,051 posts

"An object in motion tends to stay in motion." Newton

[SCCC]
Members
3,181 posts
17,487 battles

I guess the true question isn't why do you keep playing, but rather why keep beating a dead horse? That poor thing. :(

Fact of the matter is, you know that the other team is just as likely to get a "potato" just as likely as you are. "Luck" has nothing to do with it and is a subjective perspective. The "skill" aspect to MM has been gone over time and time again with no true answer by the community with regards to a cut off IE at what point would one group the "skills"? Queue only +/-2% win ratio's? And is a Win Ratio truly indicative of "skill"? Furthermore, this would have to be broken down into Tier blocks as well as, did the user division or not?

This "skill" you are referring to has to deal with the individual at any specific time and anything can happen on their end (power bump, wife slapping them to take out the trash, whatever). Point being, the other team is just as likely to have that happen to them as you are. If that wasn't the case, you wouldn't be sitting at a 61.43% win ratio yourself.

I didn't pull that number up until I typed it. So, now that I have I can only think of two possibilities, but please correct me if I am wrong here as I'm only trying to figure out where you are coming from.

What do you want:

1) Are you wanting to bring attention to your win ratio in this and other threads? Is that why you keep bringing up the "non skill based" MM?

2) You truly want to achieve a 90%+ win ratio and would still be upset by not having won them all because "it's someone else' fault"?

Again, trying to figure out your logic here. Please help me and possibly others understand.

You want to know why? Because I hate streaks and I love consistency. And I love having performance reflected in the outcome. If I play like crap then my win rate for the day should also be crap. But if I play stellar then I expect my win rate to also be stellar. It should not come down to RNG determining what my win rate is going to be. Especially now with the time constraint on the Santa's Convoy campaign, I expect my performance to be reflected in how quickly I can advance through it.

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

But if I play stellar then I expect my win rate to also be stellar. It should not come down to RNG determining what my win rate is going to be.

61.43% is pretty stellar. 

If RNG is determining what your win rate should be, I want your RNG.....

Alpha Tester
874 posts
5,544 battles

There is zero skill-based MM here. It's pure random. For someone unfortunate like me to have net-negative luck, I will average more potatoes on my teams than on the enemy.

​I know your pain...the last 2 days I've played around 7 or 8 games total, all in my Midway.  In pretty much all of them I did well...shooting down over 70 of the enemy CV planes and most times doing over 70k damage in a fighter load out.  In all but 1, maybe 2, of those games I denied the enemy CV any kills.  And yet our teams still managed to lose the games.  Nights like that are quite frustrating so usually I end up logging off early and doing something else.  There's always something else that can be done.

Members
2,857 posts
9,224 battles

Man you play because you love the game. Just like the rest of us. You like the feeling of sitting down after a crappy day or good one and putting on your camo, modules and flags. Picking out your mission and hitting that battle button. Going into a fight and sinking some other dude just like you doing the same thing. That's why.

[SIM]
Members
6,307 posts
10,286 battles

Yeah, I'm asking myself this same question right now, but for different reasons than you are. 

Sign in to follow this