Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DirtyDiggler

Why the hate for Italy?

33 comments in this topic

Members
236 posts
2,358 battles

Seriously can we get an Italian ship in game already? They had one of the larger navies during world war 2 and yet not a single ship is in the game after all these years.......

Its time wargaming.......

[-ARP-]
Supertester
11,964 posts
6,258 battles

Italians are coming last due to lack of contacts in the Italian Archives. It's as simple as that. They already have people to contact in UK/German/French/Russian Archives because of WoT and even the UK archives are notoriously reluctant to share 70 year old battleship designs.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,045 posts
17,089 battles

errrr... No hate for Italy and years? Game is only 1 year old. We have not fleshed out the Brits or the French yet. Italy will happen they had a sizeable Navy and some interesting and powerful ships.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
8,214 battles

Italians are coming last due to lack of contacts in the Italian Archives. It's as simple as that.

Not to mention that the devs have already said the Italians won't be making an appearance in 2017 and will probably come 2018.

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
21,047 battles

Go play Kirov, Molotov, or any T8+ Russian DD (Kiev counts too).  They're all Italian or Italian-based designs...:trollface:

• Cool 1

Members
5,417 posts
3,213 battles

Not to mention that the devs have already said the Italians won't be making an appearance in 2017 and will probably come 2018.

They did say some Italian ships were already in development... As my profile feed says, I'm REALLY hoping for a Littorio-class premium sometime this year.

Members
501 posts
6,771 battles

i imagine that sometime this year we will get a premium Italian ship (think like dunkerque, tirpitz, and warspite and how they were released months or even up to a whole year in advance). personally i want the Roma to be that ship 

[SIM]
Members
5,371 posts
8,875 battles

I will never understand the appeal that Italy has for people in World of Tanks or World of Warships. And most of my family is Italian, for what it's worth. Anyhow, they'll definitely be added to World of Warships at some point, so just be patient. 

Members
4,354 posts
4,615 battles

It does make me wonder what caused the interest in Swedish and Czech tanks; but I guess that's a question for the WoT forums.  

[DDM_]
Banned
1,680 posts
6,029 battles

Seriously can we get an Italian ship in game already? They had one of the larger navies during world war 2 and yet not a single ship is in the game after all these years.......

They were in the game, they switched sides about halfway thru the first beta though and now they're all intermingled with the Axis and Allied tech trees.
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
8,214 battles

They did say some Italian ships were already in development... As my profile feed says, I'm REALLY hoping for a Littorio-class premium sometime this year.

I could have worded it better. They said no Italian lines would make an appearance this year but we could see some premiums making an appearance.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
3,985 posts
2,106 battles

Couldn't throw my money at the screen fast enough for a premium Roma! :coin:

If not that, then maybe a Zara-class cruiser at least?  My vote would go to Pola (as if I needed another excuse to play drunk:tea_cap:)

[AARG]
Beta Testers
1,200 posts

Italians are coming last due to lack of contacts in the Italian Archives. It's as simple as that. They already have people to contact in UK/German/French/Russian Archives because of WoT and even the UK archives are notoriously reluctant to share 70 year old battleship designs.

Why are the British so reluctant to share their blueprints? Whats to hide? Anyone can see the Canadian Navy blueprints at the Canadian War Museum in Ottawa.

[GUYS]
Alpha Tester
2,756 posts
4,221 battles

The game has been out of beta for only a year and change.

[-ARP-]
Supertester
11,964 posts
6,258 battles

Why are the British so reluctant to share their blueprints? Whats to hide? Anyone can see the Canadian Navy blueprints at the Canadian War Museum in Ottawa.

From what I understand it's because they haven't bothered to declassify them. BBC did a documentary a few years ago and were proud to state they were the first to be able to TV broadcast HMS Dreadnought's builder's blueprints.

Members
1,326 posts
95 battles

Go play Kirov, Molotov, or any T8+ Russian DD (Kiev counts too).  They're all Italian or Italian-based designs...:trollface:

Sorry, but Molotov and Kirov are not Italian designs. Destroyers, Gnevny, Tashkent and Kiev was of Italian design, but other DDs weren't.
Edited by geser98
  • Cool 1

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts

The Italians get an undeserved bad rap. They fought well in WW I. When WW II came around Mussolini wanted to restart the Roman Empire for the greater glory of Mussolini.

The problem is that the average Italian wasn't too keen on dying for the cause.

• Cool 1

[NBNG]
Beta Testers
1,564 posts
4,517 battles

Sorry, but Molotov and Kirov are not Italian designs. Destroyers, Gnevny, Tashkent and Kiev was of Italian design, but other DDs weren't.

The Soviets def bought Italian Blueprints, at the very least their cruisers were inspired by Italian ships like the Condottieri-class cruiser

" The Ansaldo company provided plans for the contemporary Raimondo Montecuccoli-class cruisers and a design displacing 7,200 tonnes (7,086 long tons) and armed with six 180-millimetre (7.1 in) guns in twin turrets was produced in 1933. The Italians guaranteed that the cruiser could make 37 knots (69 km/h; 43 mph) on trials if the size was kept under the 7200-tonne limit. The designer of the new turret managed to persuade his superiors that he could fit triple turrets to the ship while keeping it within the specified limit, and this design was approved in November 1934 as the Project 26"  Per Wikipedia

Edited by JSFWRX85

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts

I was going to point that out.

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,856 posts
3,680 battles

Incorrect, they said that we'll see a few Italian premium ships in 2017.

Never-mind, already been brought up.

Edited by dseehafer

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
8,214 battles

Incorrect, they said that we'll see a few Italian premium ships in 2017.

Never-mind, already been brought up.

Lol I brought up the premiums in the next post. Really should review before I post lol. I completely worded the damn thing wrong.

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
8,214 battles

The Kirov was derived from the Italian cruiser Raimondo Montecuccoli. The Italian engineering company Ansaldo even helped design Kirov. Which is why Kirov looks and has so many design features of the Italian cruisers.

Edited by renegadestatuz

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
21,047 battles

I included Italian-based under that umbrella.  All Project 26 cruisers were derived from the design of Raimondo Montecuccoli.  UdaloiKhabarovsk, and (to an extent) Ognevoi and Anshan are also under that category too, as successors to Italian designs.

Sign in to follow this