You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TheGreatBlasto

How About a Mothballs Storage Option?

27 comments in this topic

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts

It wasn't that long ago that I had only 12 ships and really enjoyed it because I wanted each and every one of them in my fleet.  Then over the holidays the fleet jumped to 45 and that's not including the silly ARP ships which I have hidden. (I have already sold a few.)

45 is just too many to manage or enjoy. Consider how much time is required to just manage captain's skills for 45 ships.

I wish there was a way to hide some individual ships like we can hide the ARP ones.

Please don't tell me about how I can hide ships by class, tier, or nation. I would only want to hide a few select individual ships so that I can basically forget them but still have them in the event I ever decide to play them.

Hey WG how about a "Mothballs" options?.If the USN can have mothballs why not us? A ship in mothballs would disappear from view.

:read_fish:

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
1,054 posts
5,381 battles

That doesn't solve the problem of having to monitor so many ships.

Yeah it does.  It moves your proffered ship to the beginning of your carousel, and sets your camera to it, so all you see at the start is the ships you want to play.  Just because you see the ships to the right of them doesn't mean you have to actually pay attention to them.
  • Cool 1

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

Why do you need to monitor them though? I have a lot of ships but i only pay attention to maybe 6 of them. So unless you're playing every ship in your port you just need to mark some as priority.

Members
197 posts
8,926 battles

You can just sell the ones you want to Mothball and re-buy them later if needed.

I've bought and sold quite a few ships more than a few times each..

[GUYS]
Alpha Tester
2,768 posts
4,462 battles

You can just sell the ones you want to Mothball and re-buy them later if needed.

I've bought and sold quite a few ships more than a few times each..

Depending on the tier, maybe. I'm not a fan of selling ships above T7 if I know I'll come back to it in the future.

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts

Why do you need to monitor them though? I have a lot of ships but i only pay attention to maybe 6 of them. So unless you're playing every ship in your port you just need to mark some as priority.

You monitor them because every now and then you earn another captain's point, for example. So you don't want to go into battle without using it.

Anyhoohoo, a mothball option would be nice as I like to display my ships from L to R in this arrangement: : BBs, Cruisers, DDs.

Setting certain ships as primaries doesn't work for me. I always end up with too many. 

I prefer asking myself which class of ship I want to play next and then picking one from the selection.

:hmm:

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,276 posts
23,606 battles

​You do not need to monitor them. Nothing happens when you are not looking. :)​ The various sort options are really very well thought out. I currently have 145 ships in port and I do not have any issues.

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts

​You do not need to monitor them. Nothing happens when you are not looking. :)​ The various sort options are really very well thought out. I currently have 145 ships in port and I do not have any issues.

Things do happen when you're not looking. At least once a  week I will discover that a captain has new points to allocate. I won't even get into camo and signal flags decisions.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

He could be given what he wants - and perhaps many of us might like - if the Primary ship function showed ONLY ships marked as a primary ship. No other ships would display. Just the primary ships.

Alternatively, all he/we/anyone would need is a "Port Mothball" where you could send a ship and her slot. It'd work just like the old ARP port. You didn't see them if you weren't in that port. 

I can see someone wanting/using it... although on the UI QoL scale I'd say that might be below a fifty. 

Beta Testers
389 posts
7,230 battles

Would be nice if we had a system that a certain other game has (*cough*Armored Warfare*cough*) where there are 3 states instead of 2.

Unmarked - nothing special about placement or visibility of vehicle

Marked preferred - placement toward front of listing, always visible

Marked unpreferred - completely removed from visibility unless filter for hiding unpreferred is turned off

There are plenty of ships in my port I don't intend to sell but wish they weren't visibly taking up port space on my carousel 100% of the time. The current port filters don't let me achieve that.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,276 posts
23,606 battles

Things do happen when you're not looking. At least once a  week I will discover that a captain has new points to allocate. I won't even get into camo and signal flags decisions.

​LOL That did not happen when you were not looking. That happened in the last battle you fought. I would like to add a non elite sort option. I think that would finish it for me.
Edited by paradat

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts

I sometimes will buy a ship simply because of a confluence of two factors: it's on sale and I have enough credits to buy it. However I have no interest in playing but since it's on the ladder I might as well get it. It would be nice if I could hide it until I want to play it.

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts

​LOL That did not happen when you were not looking. That happened in the last battle you fought. I would like to add a non elite sort option. I think that would finish it for me.

Really? I thought the magic Captain Points fairy brought them while I slept.

:facepalm:

[13TH]
Members
4,899 posts
9,119 battles

It wasn't that long ago that I had only 12 ships and really enjoyed it because I wanted each and every one of them in my fleet.  Then over the holidays the fleet jumped to 45 and that's not including the silly ARP ships which I have hidden. (I have already sold a few.)

45 is just too many to manage or enjoy. Consider how much time is required to just manage captain's skills for 45 ships.

I wish there was a way to hide some individual ships like we can hide the ARP ones.

Please don't tell me about how I can hide ships by class, tier, or nation. I would only want to hide a few select individual ships so that I can basically forget them but still have them in the event I ever decide to play them.

Hey WG how about a "Mothballs" options?.If the USN can have mothballs why not us? A ship in mothballs would disappear from view.

:read_fish:

How did you sell an unsellable ARP ship ?

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,276 posts
23,606 battles

Really? I thought the magic Captain Points fairy brought them while I slept.

:teethhappy:

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts

How did you sell an unsellable ARP ship ?

"I wish there was a way to hide some individual ships like we can hide the ARP ones."

[WOLF9]
Members
4,680 posts

I currently have 98 ships in port, and digging through them to find a particular ship is a royal pita.   These are the ones I don't have favorited, and I don't play them enough to warrant doing so.

Otoh, there are quite a few I won't ever play again,  premiums and reward ships I haven't set up or even thought about playing yet; and a horde of elited ships I keep around for fun because I enjoyed them while I was grinding them.   A place to send these to, just to get them out of the way would be nice.

A mothball fleet, or an "inactive" list would be nice.  You could even call it the reserve fleet.   Perhaps any ship not played in the last 2 weeks or a month automatically gets sent there?   Just a separate port, like Yakasuka.   You can switch to that port to find a ship that's there, and take it out.  Once played, it returns to your main port until you return it to the reserves, or it gets timed out.   It could also function like the captain's reserve does- separate slots, etc.

Alpha Tester
444 posts
2,983 battles

I can actually agree with this suggestion. One of WoT's competitors has a "reserve" flag that basically hides the tank in question so that it will not appear in the list at all unless you have reserves selected in the filter. I found this really, really helpful for reducing the clutter and making it easy to find the particular tank(s) I'm looking for without (mis-)using the favorites feature to mark every single vehicle I might want to play. (especially since that game offers a decent bit of encouragement to never sell a tank, leading to a very full garage and a lot of scrolling and fiddling with filters) It probably doesn't apply to everyone, but I've got a sufficiently diverse stable that being able to mark inactive ships as reserves could be a nice quality of life feature.

I'll be honest, though. When I clicked on the thread what I was expecting was an option to free up a port slot without permanently losing a ship. (making the ship unavailable for play until it is "reactivated" from reserve at some reasonable credit cost and obviously requiring an open port slot to do so) I'd rather just see unlimited port slots, though.

[CVLOV]
Beta Testers
3,640 posts
2,638 battles

My dad and I never understood why ships not part of your current filter simply would not show up at all.

Case and point: World of Tanks.

We're still waiting for that to be changed.