Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

18 comments in this topic

[PNGYN]
Members
493 posts
4,004 battles

I love this ship. 

I have only played a few matches in her, but she is fantastic. 

She will have a permanent spot in my port.

I started playing destroyers with the Japanese line, so it was a bit of an adjustment to the US tree.

The Wickes was okay for me. But once I got to the Clemson, I started really enjoying myself. 

I really hope this holds true for the next while, because she is truly a gem of a ship. 

If you haven't already, research her. 

She has good guns, good speed, and decent concealment, once upgraded. Her torpedoes are okay. Not the best, not the worst. You can definitely get kills with them. 

[INTEL]
Members
3,265 posts
6,614 battles

I'm on my 3rd or 4th captain in her. Steven Seagal is currently the commander of this monster for giggles. I'll probably put him in a BB and move the BB captain to the Clemson when we get skill resets.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,926 posts
2,675 battles

Unfortunately, Nicholas is a step down in my opinion, and while Farragut is better she is still no Clemson.  One of my few lower tier keepers.

[PNGYN]
Members
493 posts
4,004 battles

After I watched this, I went out and bought it with some spare xp and credits. The hype is real.

I absolutely love all those videos. And yes, that is what prompted me to start grinding US destroyers. And also a recent video by Aerron about the Fletcher. 
  • Cool 1

[SOFW]
[SOFW]
Members
11 posts
11,569 battles

Can we please stop talking about the game...

Ohhh. The U.S.S. Clemson.

Carry on then.

/continues crying 

- U. of Alabama class of 2010

• Cool 1

[CHEEZ]
Members
2,614 posts
4,925 battles

I had a spare 10 point USN captain waiting around after winning two marblehead's in the Christmas boxes...

This thread inspired me to re-purchase Clemson... and this is the hilarity that ensued...

iXmvLN7.jpg

Is it the best seal clubbing? No... but it was pretty fun for the first match back in a ship that I have not played in 9 or 10 months... and, 80 grand at t4 is pretty good.

They were just so oblivious. I had a New York 4.5km from me that refused to shoot me. He was trying to shoot the Konig that was 2 km behind me.

[PNGYN]
Members
493 posts
4,004 battles

So a bit of an update: I got the Nicholas. 

And boy am I struggling. I think its a combination of a new ship, and bad matchmaking. I have been bottom tier in all but one game. And that one game, I dominated. I sadly do not have any screenshots, but I am sure that some of you know the struggle of the adjustment. 

It's especially difficult because some ships you see start to sport hydro, which makes using your smoke much more difficult. 

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,310 battles

Unfortunately, Nicholas is a step down in my opinion, and while Farragut is better she is still no Clemson.  One of my few lower tier keepers.

That's funny, because I liked Nicholas much better than I did Clemson.

I liked the 4 launchers, the 127's, the quickness, the much better detection.

And I find I am usually in the minority because most people like the Clemson, though I don't really know why.

[PNGYN]
Members
493 posts
4,004 battles

And I find I am usually in the minority because most people like the Clemson, though I don't really know why.

For me a lot of it has to do with the way the matchmaker works. 

Often I find myself up against tier VII destroyers like the Mahan and Kiev. Farragut's really mess up my day too. 

Most times this ship has no business going up against tier VII ships. 

[R-R-R]
Members
1,069 posts
11,452 battles

Often I find myself up against tier VII destroyers like the Mahan and Kiev. Farragut's really mess up my day too. 

T5 is currently the hardest tier as you will be bottom tier a lot, which means you will not only be facing stronger ships but also more experienced players.

But luckily, nicholas is actually one of the few ships that do not suffer as much against higher tier ships. Your concealment is very good compared to most T6/7 DDs so you can keep them spotted. Compared to farragut, you have the same guns but more health(after upgrades). That means you are not at disadvantage in a 1v1.

Against mahan, you have an astounding 1km+ advantage in spot distance and you are faster than mahan so you can easily keep him spotted.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,310 battles

Yeah, my Nicholas time has dwindled since the new MM took over. Fighting against Kievs and Sims isn't a lot of joy.

I have always wanted +1 tiering for all tier matches, but no one listens to me.

• Cool 1

Members
5,206 posts
3,461 battles

Why? Because when I take it out I manage to frequently ravage the enemy team singlehandedly. Yesterday I pulled another High Calibre 87k game in it and carried the team to victory. I can't reliably carry matches in other ships quite as well as I can in Clemmy. 

Members
31 posts
3,908 battles

Here is my plug to make the U.S.S. Tracy a historical clemson class destroyer a premium.. it's designation was DD-214 please go to the forum and read my case for it.. and if you agree to it vote on it.. it will help make it a reality.. Thanks- Thor..

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?%2Ftopic%2F115650-add-dd-214-as-veterans-day-premium-ship%2F

[O_O]
Members
7,888 posts
22,026 battles

Clemson is one of my favorites...a real keeper.  We have been getting missions lately that require us to deal 1M damage in any game mode.  Clemson and Co-op makes this so, so easy.

Sign in to follow this