Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
rocketdrive

"IJN needs buff" they say....

26 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
575 posts
1,651 battles

as if a ship that never renders in game yet primarily uses a weapon that negates any armor advantage that also doesnt ever render until it's too late is somehow fun and balanced.

EDIT: for those of you who arent joking about the wasd stuff I hope you realize that only works on torpedo's fired at the indicate, not torpedo's aimed by the captain. 

Edited by rocketdrive

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,009 posts
4,623 battles

Stopped reading at this point. 

as if a ship that never renders in game yet primarily uses a weapon that negates any armor advantage 

Fail harder please. 

Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles

a weapon that negates any armor advantage

Ever hear about this thing called TDS? :trollface:

Please, tell us how you really feel. 

[PLPTR]
[PLPTR]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
6,292 battles

uses a weapon that negates any armor advantage

Is this a joke or a troll post?

http://guidescroll.com/2015/07/world-of-warships-damage-mechanics-guide/

Also using the buttons in the image below can completely negate torpedo damage.

mrLlPSg.jpg

Edited by Cpt_RickSchwifty

[SWOLF]
Beta Testers
791 posts
7,618 battles

as if a ship that never renders in game yet primarily uses a weapon that negates any armor advantage that also doesnt ever render until it's too late is somehow fun and balanced.

not sure if trolling or serious here.

1) torpedo bulges are a thing

2) its rare for the ship to never render in game, and when it does happen that is a very skilled captain who you probably would of died to anyway.

3) IJN torpedoes render almost 2km away and no less then 1 km away in game. that is enough time for any active and aware ship in the game to dodge most if not all of them.

Members
4,354 posts
4,615 battles

Yeah, man! Every IJN ship should get a kline field so I can laugh at their now useless secondary builds.

Edited by Yoshiblue
  • Cool 1

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
20,955 battles

EDIT: for those of you who arent joking about the wasd stuff I hope you realize that only works on torpedo's fired at the indicate, not torpedo's aimed by the captain. 

The hell did you get blue stats with such blatant stupidity?  WASD is not just touching one of the key for 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 seconds and sliding past the torpedo.  You have to make drastic alterations to your course to dodge torpedoes best, at any ranges and all ranges, period.

Edited by TenguBlade
  • Cool 1

[ICOP]
Members
1,078 posts
4,292 battles

Show us on the doll where the Akizuki touched you. 

Would be more like where didn't the Akizuki touch you.

Beta Testers
575 posts
1,651 battles

The hell did you get blue stats with such blatant stupidity?  WASD is not just touching one of the key for 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 seconds and sliding past the torpedo.  You have to make drastic alterations to your course to dodge torpedoes best, at any ranges and all ranges, period.

cause this totaly helps me dodge torps I'll never see from ships I'll never see that can still insta-delete me in what ever ship I'm in at any range within torp range provided they fire at the correct angle. 

Thats like saying "use wasd hacks to reduce detonation chance". 

Edited by rocketdrive

Members
2,246 posts

Well, one thing is for sure: My Fuso needs a buff. I play that ship pretty damn well, but it's simply impossible to win in it. Seriously. I haven't won a single game in that ship in 2 months.

That's why I stopped grinding the entire Japanese line.

Beta Testers
2,029 posts

Well, one thing is for sure: My Fuso needs a buff. I play that ship pretty damn well, but it's simply impossible to win in it. Seriously. I haven't won a single game in that ship in 2 months.

That's why I stopped grinding the entire Japanese line.

I have a 63% win rate in mine.  Everyone has ships they just can't seem to win in regardless of what they do.  For me it's the Fletcher.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
5,697 battles

6uJrRfs.jpg?2

Members
3,010 posts
10,190 battles

Never listen to "they"... "They" usually don't know what "they" are talking about. "They" usually blame their teammates for "them" not using "W,A,S,D"....

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
20,955 battles

cause this totaly helps me dodge torps I'll never see from ships I'll never see that can still insta-delete me in what ever ship I'm in at any range within torp range provided they fire at the correct angle. 

Thats like saying "use wasd hacks to reduce detonation chance". 

Is it that hard to guess where he will be?  You play some DDs, think about where your opponent would be and plan accordingly.  It's much easier than before when you didn't have Last Position Markers, or default Situational Awareness.

Beta Testers
978 posts
4,327 battles

You get 1.5 goddamn kilometers to dodge IJN torps. If you can't manage to do that then you're crapand you deserve whatever happens to you. Git gud.

Edited by RevolutionBlues

[SYN]
[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
5,697 battles

You get 1.5 goddamn kilometers to dodge IJN torps. If you can't manage to do that then you're crapand you deserve whatever happens to you. Git gud.

Actually some of the longer range ones get 1.9 base before any skills or equipment or spotter planes.

Alpha Tester
1,730 posts
1,193 battles

OP needs to check out the actual hitrate on IJN DD torpedos.

With aircraft spotting torpedos, hydro, and radar giving away the DD's location actually hitting a target from outside detection range requires said target not to have changed course or speed or reacted.

Sign in to follow this