You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Rayvaul

Naval Action Vs. World of Warships: Which is better?

20 comments in this topic

Members
96 posts
4,346 battles

I was wondering which of these games are better, I have them both though. If you have one or both of these please tell me your opinion on which of these games is better. If you're not familiar with Naval Action, search "Naval Action" on google or go to it's official website.

[USNDD]
Banned
66 posts
3,751 battles

It is widely considered "bad form" to mention, let alone recommend, another competitor's game on a competing forum.  Don't expect your thread to last very long.

Beta Testers
1,896 posts
9,565 battles

So I am going to say WOWS,

only cause

well . hmmm this is a WOWS forum

About a WOWS game

on a WOWS site

and I want free WOWS stuff and like Playing WOWS

and if I here more about other games

There will be no WOWS

and I won't be able to play WOWS.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,714 posts
19,912 battles

The only major things the two games have in common is that there are ships, those ships have guns and there's a progression system.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
3,985 posts
2,106 battles

How can you compare a age of sail game with a more modern navy game.

Other than the fact they are both online PC games that involve ships, the two really have nothing in common.

Edit:  More or less ninja'd by a cat again. 

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,714 posts
19,912 battles

Edit:  More or less ninja'd by a cat again. 

PezZ7Qg.jpg

Never see me coming.

• Cool 3

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,191 posts
14,756 battles

They are both naval games but that is all they have in common. Naval Action has quite a few RPG elements where WoWS is focused on the tactical combat. Neither is better than the other, they are both what they are trying to be.

Members
3,429 posts
6,898 battles

I was wondering which of these games are better, I have them both though. If you have one or both of these please tell me your opinion on which of these games is better. If you're not familiar with Naval Action, search "Naval Action" on google or go to it's official website.

Questions like what you ask are really meant for sites which are not hosted or associated by neither. 

[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
781 posts
12,739 battles

Two different games...

Members
4,546 posts

Hadn't heard of that game, but went over to steam and looked.  I'm not really for sailing ships, and the reviews lately appear quite mixed.  And for $40 I'd rather spend that on WoWS instead on ships I like.

Members
1,091 posts
4,681 battles

It is widely considered "bad form" to mention, let alone recommend, another competitor's game on a competing forum.  Don't expect your thread to last very long.

"Bad form" my [edited]. It's purely WG dealing with potential competition. 

They're free to make whatever rules they want in their forum, but don't describe this as an "etiquette" thing. Lots of other forums are not nearly so restrictive. 

Beta Testers
1,451 posts
10,822 battles

I have and play both games. That said, they're apples to oranges. You can't really compare the two. I will say that both games are doing fairly well at accomplishing what they set out to do. 

[PLDN]
Alpha Tester
2,162 posts
6,705 battles

Having played both, not really a comparison. I personally enjoy warships more.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

I have extensive experience in Naval action, and I can tell you, they have almost nothing in common. Naval action is based in the age of sail, with big sailing warships made of timber and the sweat of its crew, where WoWS is based during WWII with warships made of steal, blood, an can sail without worry of the wind direction.

They're both fun, in their own ways, so its really up to what you like best atm.

For example, Naval action has the oldest still commissioned warship still afloat in the US navy that has ever sunk another ship in combat. The USS Constitution. A ship that WoWS will most likely never see. However, the size of the world and length of battles in Naval action are FAR longer and bigger than in WoWS, so again, all down to personal taste.

Personally, I love both games. I have the Constitution in Naval action and the Arizona in WoWS, my two favorite naval vessels of all time. =3

[SWOB]
[SWOB]
Alpha Tester
1,147 posts
6,651 battles

They're free to make whatever rules they want in their forum, but don't describe this as an "etiquette" thing. Lots of other forums are not nearly so restrictive. 

It is often considered bad form by the forum users regardless of the forum policies simply because these kinds of open ended threads tend to devolve into fanboyism on all sides.  It's like showing up in another country and asking the first person you see whether you think their country or your home country is better.  First of all it's subjective, secondly it's borderline impolite in this context and outright stupid in the real world.  Some people value getting along with others more than they value stirring the pot.

It's different if somebody is asking a meta question about how a particular game mechanic could be improved if it was more similar (or different) from how it works in another game, but if you don't see why it's good etiquette to tread carefully I'll have to assume that you're new to video games and the Internet.  :sceptic: