You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
pewpewpew42

Chat Bans

18 comments in this topic

[TSF_1]
Members
3,301 posts
7,816 battles

Yeah yeah clickbait, etc, but I actually have a question.

Would a temporary chat ban prevent communication withing a division, team or clan? Port messaging? How does this work exactly?

[-BWS]
Beta Testers
1,896 posts
13,911 battles

Hmm no

let me think about this ...No

I like the idea of people being Morons, because they may wake up the next game and be very nice.

besides who would judge them. use the in game system, submit a ticket , take a screen shot, kill them the next time they are on the other team.

Members
4,533 posts
18,504 battles

Hmm no

let me think about this ...No

I like the idea of people being Morons, because they may wake up the next game and be very nice.

besides who would judge them. use the in game system, submit a ticket , take a screen shot, kill them the next time they are on the other team.

Did you just post in the wrong thread ?
  • Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,500 posts
10,221 battles

blocks ALL communications except hot keys

so F-key spammers can still spam even if chat banned? precious
  • Cool 1

[TSF_1]
Members
3,301 posts
7,816 battles

so F-key spammers can still spam even if chat banned? precious

I suppose they have a 'right' to tactics, but there really ought to be a cooldown on those.

Members
2,462 posts
7,179 battles

good grief! What in the world are people saying to get all these chat bans??:amazed:

Members
4,533 posts
18,504 battles

good grief! What in the world are people saying to get all these chat bans??:amazed:

you can say anything that someone disagrees with and get auto banned by in game reporting.   Spiteful people will abuse any in game auto system.. I lost a chunk of karma because some DD was pissed off that he torped me and I couldn't get out of the way.   It was my fault and he spent all 7 reports on me.

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,231 battles

Did you just post in the wrong thread ?

I believe he did.... and that kind of talk  is why chat bans happen, LOL

Irony.... I live Irony...

But seriously the system is very much flawed... You can be chat banned with out ever having said a word..

Certain number of reports and you get a ban...

I got a few... some deserved (if by deserved it means telling a really REALLY horrible player that cost an entire game that he is bad at the game then yes, deserved)

But most times people do not agree with what you seem to know (even when it is more than they do about the map)

I agree people need to be less toxic.....including myself at times... but the way the bans happen now is very flawed... I do hope it will be revamped.... getting banned by abusive reporters makes it bad for the team when a player needs to communicate his knowledge to the team and cannot because some salty one was offended for being asked to help....

[VX9]
[VX9]
Beta Testers
420 posts
16,206 battles

If only I would have known submitting reports will get you chat banned..<EG>

Members
4,533 posts
18,504 battles
I just got my Umpteenth Chat ban !.    funny thing is,  I didn't say a word at all to the other team in open chat.  LoL.   I killed someone and then was about to say GG,  and  Low and behold,  You have been chat banned.     I didn't even have to work for this one !
Edited by Shadowrigger1

Members
11,026 posts
30,665 battles

I just got my Umpteenth Chat ban !.    funny thing is,  I didn't say a word at all in chat  LoL.   I killed someone and then was about to say GG,  and  Low and behold,  You have been chat banned.     I didn't even have to work for this one !

Really? Because according to WG, they patched the chat ban system to not ban people who haven't said anything.

Members
4,533 posts
18,504 battles

Really? Because according to WG, they patched the chat ban system to not ban people who haven't said anything.

I'll record the replay,  saying nothing was not right  I did say   "C lets pinch them south", I ended up alone  killed a roon.  turned around. went to say GG   chat banned.

Edit..  Ohhhh.. LOL.. It was 4 BBs on my team that did it that all pushed into B on Shatter and all got killed by a Khab with torps and I called them  Idiots.  LoL.     Chat Ban Accepted !   well worth it  :P

Edited by Shadowrigger1

Members
14 posts
13,760 battles

The reporting abuse has started in earnest as it has in other MMO's that introduced it and later taken it out of use... Its being used as a weapon by Divisions to get at other players for whatever reason they want. 3 players can drop 21 reports on a player. It just enables the whiners and exploiters to be able to impose their will on other players.Either what the deem just or just out of spite. I've seen a division try and convince a whole team the another player was using and aim bot. Players hit another team mate and sink him with torps the players threatens to report.. and the team killer reports him 7 times.. to balance the potential reporting.. tit for tat..

It's just a flawed system never works... if someone doesn't like whats being said give them the option to turn off chat, block the offender and a profanity filter default it to ON so they have to turn it OFF themselves. Don't empower the exploiters, the puritans and the spiteful,  If it keeps up the way its going "ban a player" will become a sport. Its a war game ffs not Pokiemon Go or Farmville. People are chucking huge sums of money at this, they play to win, tempers flair. Some noob doing stupid crapcan effect the whole team. or a bonehead torping a team member. Will set people off. Or people are just talking slap to the other team and some sore loser will report.

I can tell ya I was choked when I got banned in the middle of a match... No warning nothing boom 2 weeks just like that. You would at least think you would get like a 1 match time out to start and increase it from there... No 2 weeks no heads up or shut up...  2 WEEKS!

If somebody doesn't like what is being said allow them to control what they are seeing .. NOT what everyone else is saying.

Maybe make a new mode... Like Co-op, Random, and Group Hug.and let them ban the crap out of each other there.

OK I'm done :) suppose I'll get banned from the forum for bringing it up... :)