Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
saagri

Adrenaline Rush: How does it work exactly?

14 comments in this topic

[-FBS-]
Members
2,646 posts
4,290 battles

Last Stand worked when HP fell below a certain threshold the effect kicked in.

But with Adrenaline rush it says every X% of HP lost decreases reload times by a certain amount. 

Now, my question is how does the repair party fit into this? If I lose 50% HP and use the repair party to heal 10%, does the skill count me as having lost 40% HP or 50%? 

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
803 posts
4,912 battles

Adrenaline rush from my understanding is a 0.1% rof increase to all armaments  per 1% HP lost so you'd have to lose 10% of your health to get a 1% rof increase.  I'd imagine if you heal your ship with repair party you'd lose some of that rof increase.

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,679 posts
35,881 battles
On 1/10/2017 at 8:40 AM, Carrier_Graf_Zeppelin said:

Adrenaline rush from my understanding is a 0.1% rof increase to all armaments  per 1% HP lost so you'd have to lose 10% of your health to get a 1% rof increase.  I'd imagine if you heal your ship with repair party you'd lose some of that rof increase.

This makes sense. That is how I read it - tough I have no insight in to it

Edited by alexf24
  • Cool 1

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

Now, my question is how does the repair party fit into this? If I lose 50% HP and use the repair party to heal 10%, does the skill count me as having lost 40% HP or 50%? 

That's interesting. I'm guessing after using DRP the effect is less, er, effective. Otherwise ships with repair party would get a lot more benefit out of this. 
Edited by Aduial

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
3,985 posts
2,106 battles

IMHO, .1% doesn't sound significant enough for this skill to be worth 2 points.  In most cases you would need to be almost dead to notice any difference at all.

[VIRUS]
Alpha Tester
147 posts
1,847 battles

If you had 1 HP left you would only get a 10% bonus. That's useless for anything except the longest of torpedo reloads.

[-FBS-]
Members
2,646 posts
4,290 battles

IMHO, .1% doesn't sound significant enough for this skill to be worth 2 points.  In most cases you would need to be almost dead to notice any difference at all.

If you had 1 HP left you would only get a 10% bonus. That's useless for anything except the longest of torpedo reloads.

Yeah, I just want to know how the Repair Party works with the skill. If you can repair damage without lessening the skill effect, it might be sort of useful. 

Especially on RN CL's T8+. 

Edited by saagri

[NDA]
Supertester
3,926 posts
2,279 battles

For the new public test they have doubled the bonus, so at 1 HP you would have roughly a 20% bonus.  Still not sure it is worth taking but at least it is worth considering now.

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,072 posts
1,514 battles

And the bonus is based on the % of missing health, so if you heal the amount of health your missing decreases so the magnitude of the bonus goes down. Doubled magnitude is better, but i think they should have gone treble IMO./ Double is enough to make ships that can survive after taking big hits for a long time, (e.g. DD's), see good use, but cruisers and BB's still see little or no benefit. Now if it reduced consumable reloads, maybe. But that would have all kinds of funky OP interactions so good cal on not doing that.

Edited by Carl

[-FBS-]
Members
2,646 posts
4,290 battles

And the bonus is based on the % of missing health, so if you heal the amount of health your missing decreases so the magnitude of the bonus goes down. Doubled magnitude is better, but i think they should have gone treble IMO./ Double is enough to make ships that can survive after taking big hits for a long time, (e.g. DD's), see good use, but cruisers and BB's still see little or no benefit. Now if it reduced consumable reloads, maybe. But that would have all kinds of funky OP interactions so good cal on not doing that.

Ok, that's what I wanted to know. 

[HINON]
Privateers, In AlfaTesters
7,775 posts
2,137 battles

With the .1% increase, the skill was an untouchable for me, there's no point compared to other stuff at the tier.

.2%... That's not terrible, I might reconsider it for some ships... But overall it's not a skill that screams "take me!" Over any others.

[YIKES]
WoWS Community Contributors, In AlfaTesters
1,090 posts
20,804 battles

With the buff, I don't think it will be a bad perk to take as a dump for leftover points. 10% buff at 50% HP isn't too bad.

[D2P]
Members
2,293 posts
6,976 battles

lol a 2 cost skill that buffs your ROF by 10% at 50% HP? LOL - madatory skill on practically every ship except carriers.

Members
1,112 posts
1,111 battles

lol a 2 cost skill that buffs your ROF by 10% at 50% HP? LOL - madatory skill on practically every ship except carriers.

The problem is it competes with Expert Marksman and Last Stand. I guess if you have an extra 2 points its a no-brainer.

Sign in to follow this