Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
aAkula

You can only carry a game so much!

35 comments in this topic

[SALTY]
Members
1,291 posts
4,139 battles

Both games my team was ahead in ships and points only to end in defeat. These games were back to back, sadly.

I enjoy playing solo, but this gets annoying fast.

And people wonder why i get chat-banned :facepalm:

s73ciDr.jpg

mBasLVx.jpg

Edited by aAkula

[KNTAI]
Members
3,133 posts
8,678 battles

inb4 someone suggests divs. :sceptic: ugh, the solution to everything lmbo :teethhappy:

Anyway, WP man. Keep it up.

Edited by Excield

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

its every tier, not just 10.  I've been having   bad luck in MM for 3 days running.  decent WTR despite  the WR being garbage.           can't carry the number of potatoes grinding for graf spee and the convoy.  should be done with graf spee portion tomorrow, then convoy starts.  since I don't need tirptiz camo,  it is one less set of mission to complete.  .  figure 1 mission  per day .  

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles

Both games my team was ahead in ships and points only to end in defeat. These games were back to back, sadly.

I enjoy playing solo, but this gets annoying fast.

And people wonder why i get chat-banned :facepalm:

s73ciDr.jpg

mBasLVx.jpg

I can beat that, 3 games in a row 248k, 269k and 276k damage respectively w/ 5, 3, 6 kills respectively - ALL loses.

... but there is only so much you can do when most of your team mates are total noobs that dont understand even the basic fundamentals of the game.

Edited by Ulthwey

Members
989 posts

aAkula, dude you need to stop raging on players in game and acting like a 4 year old. Every game i have seen you in all you have done is rage at players, call names and chant how much better you are. You need to take a look at yourself and stop being such a ***** before you blow a headgasket. 

Edited by SteelClaw
  • Cool 2

[SALTY]
Members
1,291 posts
4,139 battles

aAkula, dude you need to stop raging on players in game and acting like a 4 year old. Every game i have seen you in all you have done is rage at players, call names and chant how much better you are. You need to take a look at yourself and stop being such a ***** before you blow a headgasket. 

I rage at bad players, not denying that, but it doesn't make me wrong.

Edited by aAkula

Members
51 posts

I rage at bad players, not denying that, but it doesn't make me wrong.

Yes it does. I have seen people rage in games, but you go waaaay overboard. Most of these people you call losers have jobs and families and you treat them like they are losers in life. Dude this is a game not real life. Like SteelClaw said you act like a 4 year old. You go as far as spamming the other team how bad they are and then send them messages after the game is over insulting and attacking them. Who the heck do you think you are? So what maybe you are good at this game that does not make you a success at life just like if you are bad at a video game it does not make you a failure at life. IT IS A VIDEO GAME get over yourself. 

[SALTY]
Members
1,291 posts
4,139 battles

Yes it does. I have seen people rage in games, but you go waaaay overboard. Most of these people you call losers have jobs and families and you treat them like they are losers in life. Dude this is a game not real life. Like SteelClaw said you act like a 4 year old. You go as far as spamming the other team how bad they are and then send them messages after the game is over insulting and attacking them. Who the heck do you think you are? So what maybe you are good at this game that does not make you a success at life just like if you are bad at a video game it does not make you a failure at life. IT IS A VIDEO GAME get over yourself. 

Reading that made my day.

Beta Testers
1,221 posts
7,558 battles

Um, actually if you have the mentality of a human doormat in this game it is a good indicator you're a human doormat everywhere else too. 

Get good.

[USNDD]
Banned
66 posts
3,751 battles

Over 1200 Free XP in both of those losses.  Imagine what your payouts would have been on wins!  Sorry about your luck, but great games anyway.

Beta Testers
1,221 posts
7,558 battles

I am really really looking forward to the Des Moines. It will likely be my first tier 10. I was told the Baltimore was crap, but I do pretty okay in it, so I'm sure the Des Moines will be a similar situation.

Members
454 posts

Um, actually if you have the mentality of a human doormat in this game it is a good indicator you're a human doormat everywhere else too. 

Get good.

I am not very good at this game but i am a weapons tech in the Navy. Better hope i am not a doormat. 
  • Cool 1

[PLPTE]
Members
493 posts
6,886 battles

Get good.

I'm a Quality Engineer for a company that makes bomb disposal robots for EOD teams across the world.  I'm also not very good at this game.  If you're ever in the need for one of those robots to work the way they should, you better hope I'm not a doormat in real life

Beta Testers
1,221 posts
7,558 battles

Do you think losing is just as fun as winning and are satisfied with mediocrity? If so you might be a doormat. I suck at this game, but I seek to improve myself every time I click battle. Your job doesn't really tell me anything about your personal attitude.

Beta Testers
462 posts
6,271 battles

I am not very good at this game but i am a weapons tech in the Navy. Better hope i am not a doormat. 

Amen to that. Thank you for your service. 

[PLPTE]
Members
493 posts
6,886 battles

Do you think losing is just as fun as winning and are satisfied with mediocrity? If so you might be a doormat. I suck at this game, but I seek to improve myself every time I click battle. Your job doesn't really tell me anything about your personal attitude.

I play with the goal to win, as in I don't try to lose.  But it's playing the game that's fun, not the end result.  I will admit that I don't help the situation much when my team loses, but I will flatly state that losing is usually a team effort. If the 11 other team members think I am the sole reason our team lost, they are delusional.

I am bipolar when it comes to my playstyle.  In Domination games, I contest, push and take caps, or die trying.  Very aggressive.  If I see my team bounce off the cap circle as soon as smoke or a red marker on the mini map appears, I don't switch to "stay alive, farm stats" mode, I keep fighting for that cap regardless of what ship type I am in.  And I succeed (I carry) or I die (most likely).  Then I'm off to the next match.  Running away, to lob shots for 20 minutes in a game that will obviously be a loss just so my stats page can't be derided by elitists is not why I play video games, let alone WoWS.

In Standard or Epicenter games, I try to stay alive longer and play strategically.  I play conservatively, letting others that are quick to rush take the incoming fire.  I live longer, I do more damage but wins don't seem to be any more frequent.  And people that die love to blame still living teammates in chat.  Which enforces my belief that even though we are matched with 11 other allies, WoWS Random game mode is not really a team game.

WoWS doesn't reward teamwork, it rewards damage done.  And not all ships contribute to teamwork via damage output.  One memorable match I was in a non-upgraded Benson in a heavily T10 match with lots of radar.  I screened, smoked and spotted for 3 ally BB's who were pushing a cap, launched torps to discourage flanking and about 10 minutes in, I got deleted by a Montana salvo.  I scored bottom on my team and lost silver as a nice reward for trying to play as a team.  I don't even know if the BB's bothered to give me any karma for my efforts.   And I think we lost that game too. So now, I don't do that crap.  If I can't cap uncontested, then I position myself for torp runs, or to shoot high HP targets with HE to set fires.  If in doing that I happen to spot and screen for my allies, then good.  On the other hand, if I'm not, I don't care.

Beta Testers
1,221 posts
7,558 battles

What you're not understanding, Kerrec, is people don't run away and lob shells solely to farm stats. You never know when am opportunity to win the match might manifest, and you won't be able to seize any such opportunities after your ship has sunk.

You are correct in your assessment that random mode isn't really a team game. It's more like a slow paced first person shooter, and your individual performance really does have a large impact on the outcome. Suicidally committing to the idea of capping one point might *seem* like a good idea, but again, you're going to carry more weight by reading the map and determining when a situation is untenable. 

[-K-]
Members
8,489 posts
14,853 battles

Nice work.  Sorry about the losses.

The issue with carry games is that they typically only happen when you have a potato team in the first place, which more often than not, results in a loss.

If you have a competent team that works well together, the 'carry' opportunties are far fewer.

Point is, if you're having to carry this hard, it's usually not a good sign of things to come.

Banned
128 posts
2,299 battles
Please remember to be polite to one another, even if you do not agree with one another. :look:
  • Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
30,540 posts
9,216 battles

It's like you people have never heard the term doormat before.

I have, but in the context of someone who lets everyone walk all over them. It carries no connotations of intelligence or anything else, other than a lack of willpower when it comes to conflict.

If everytime somebody raged at me for making a stupid move, I automatically assumed they were right and apologised, that would make me a doormat. 

Beta Testers
1,221 posts
7,558 battles

You are correct skip. The specific attitude I am referring to is the loser mentality of accepting mediocrity, and pretending that being personally sub par is simply their fate. Refer to the post that I quoted, and the average attitude of garbage players. "It's a team game! I can't control my winrate! 20k damage per game is just as good as 50k a game, you're just getting lucky teams! I play for fun not for winning!" These are the sort of mental gymnastics of the loser mentality, instead of owning your own badness and trying to improve. "You" in the general sense.

I'm just saying if someone is this mentally soft in a video game, it is a good  indicator  that they are some fat little picked-last-for-kickball cuck in their personal lives too.

People that are so lackadaisical that they truly do not care wouldn't bother making a forum account and posting about how little they care.

[WOLFG]
Members
30,540 posts
9,216 battles

I can agree with that. I think losing can be as fun as winning, depending on circumstances. I'm satisfied with mediocrity. 

What keeps me from having "Welcome" tattooed on my forehead is a tendency to get a wild hair up my [edited]about people that think they're better than me because they have more of something. I absolutely love the look on someone's face as it begins to sink in that "actually, I can talk to you like that." :D

Sign in to follow this