Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Chesters_Goat

Missouri's sigma value is?4

12 comments in this topic

[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
438 posts
11,400 battles

Can someone please tell me Missouri's sigma value? Does she has the same value as Iowa for 1.9? Eventhough she has the same gun as Iowa, but I found her much more accurate for some reason. 

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
88 posts
6,658 battles

I thought it would be the same as it is an Iowa but with Radar.  Maybe RNG is with you is all? 

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
341 posts
4,798 battles

The more I play this game the more I think that Sigma is only one of several variables that effect shell dispersion. Also after 16,000+ battles in WoT and nearly 4,000 in WoWS (including CBT) I really do wish the WG would be much for transparent about how the mechanics of both games work.

• Cool 1

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

The more I play this game the more I think that Sigma is only one of several variables that effect shell dispersion. Also after 16,000+ battles in WoT and nearly 4,000 in WoWS (including CBT) I really do wish the WG would be much for transparent about how the mechanics of both games work.

Sigma and horizontal dispersion. 

Beta Testers
1,971 posts
13,729 battles

Can someone please tell me Missouri's sigma value? Does she has the same value as Iowa for 1.9? Eventhough she has the same gun as Iowa, but I found her much more accurate for some reason. 

I think what you are actually seeing is not better accuracy but people actually playing the ship more aggressively. Why are people pushing in more in this ship?

1. It's a premium, so people try to get massive daily win bonuses in this ship

This means that people often smash face in it for the daily bonus trying to get as much damage as possible in it. I see people pushing in far more often in the Missouri than I do the Iowa.

2. It has radar, so people use it closer to the fight

Radar ships have to get close in order to spot things. Just look at the Bismark. Is the Bismark really doing so well because it has great guns, or simply because people use it more for pushing in with the secondary builds and hyrdo? So, I think you are simply seeing that the Missouri is being used more like a Bismark would be used.

3. Massive credit boost only works when you deal a lot of damage

At first people played the Missouri like they did the Iowa. But once they realized that the ship only makes great credits when you do a lot of damage then people started being more aggressive with it.

Conclusion: The ship seems to be more accurate because people are getting in closer when they use it. Just one kilometer closer can significantly help your hit ratio when you are only shooting 6-9 shells per 30 seconds. Add radar and massive credit boosts for damage done and you see people playing very aggressively in this ship. Now give it a frontal armor boost and a special captain with slightly greater turret traverse speed and you have a front line brawler for all intensive purposes. It doesn't factually have better accuracy, it just seems to because people use it differently than the Iowa.

https://na.warships.today/vehicles

According to warships today the Missouri does indeed have a 5% greater main battery hit ratio than the Iowa. As well, it has a corresponding 17% greater average damage output than the Iowa because of this 5% greater hit ratio. But it is not better accuracy. It is simply the fact that people use the ship differently. 

Edited by Rounne

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
341 posts
4,798 battles

2. It has radar, so people use it closer to the fight

Radar ships have to get close in order to spot things. Just look at the Bismark. Is the Bismark really doing so well because it has great guns, or simply because people use it more for pushing in with the secondary builds and hyrdo? So, I think you are simply seeing that the Missouri is being used more like a Bismark would be used.

The Missouri's radar is a hell of a lot more useful then I had originally thought it would be.

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
341 posts
4,798 battles

Sigma and horizontal dispersion. 

I am thinking something beyond that even.

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,838 posts
6,088 battles

I think what you are actually seeing is not better accuracy but people actually playing the ship more aggressively. Why are people pushing in more in this ship?

-Snip for Space-

You missed the 4th fact; that Missouri also has enough bow armor to resist some lolpens through the bow from certain angles, and can safely point the bow and charge with less fear against even Yamatos (as long as they're bow on or sharply angled).

[SYN]
Members
2,861 posts
10,456 battles

The Missouri's radar is a hell of a lot more useful then I had originally thought it would be.

Especially for disposing of an RN CL.

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

I am thinking something beyond that even.

I think there may also be a hidden factor that controls how likely it is for shells to land around the center point of the dispersion circle. 

Sign in to follow this