You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mormon_Tabernacle_Choir

Now I know one of the reasons why people dont play CV

37 comments in this topic

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

I've heard many reasons, but I've never heard economy was an issue. Good to know.

Apparently strike doesn't earn as much as AS anymore. But even before that, XP was a lot harder to earn in a CV than anything else. Or maybe i just suck at CVs.....

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

Apparently strike doesn't earn as much as AS anymore. But even before that, XP was a lot harder to earn in a CV than anything else. Or maybe i just suck at CVs.....

No, AS doesn't earn much either.  They just both don't earn anything now.

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

No, AS doesn't earn much either.  They just both don't earn anything now.

Oh really? Dang, i was thinking of trying AS to see if I could increase my earnings on the Ryujo.....

[-K_P-]
Members
545 posts
3,883 battles

Yeah whenever I see a CV player doing well in a match and playing with obvious skill and supporting their teammates I do my best to give them a compliment and send them a message after telling them that they had a very positive impact on their match, because they did, and I don't want carriers to go extinct. 

Alpha Tester
1,171 posts
10,685 battles

Yeah whenever I see a CV player doing well in a match and playing with obvious skill and supporting their teammates I do my best to give them a compliment and send them a message after telling them that they had a very positive impact on their match, because they did, and I don't want carriers to go extinct. 

Thats awesome!

[PSV]
Privateers
5,523 posts
6,129 battles

I've heard many reasons, but I've never heard economy was an issue. Good to know.

As from many players I've heard say,

Dealing 60k damage in my Iowa & some bow tanking will earn me a crapton more than getting 120k dmg in my Hiryu

:hiding:

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

Only Cancer to people who cant play their class

Nothing short of a USN BB (or CA with DF on), even when played properly, will have hope of escaping an attack by a same-tier aircraft carrier without taking damage.  Whereas it's quite possible to evade a gun salvo or torpedoes unless you're in ranges where the enemy has no hope of dodging yours either.  I personally don't care much, since sticking with a few ships to group up AA can make an attack a far more costly proposition than if I was taken on alone, but in games with a CV, it's much tougher to do a German battleship's job of getting up close and breaking people's noses when the CV comes after you the instant you do and you lose all ability to fend him off because your allied CAs don't have the armor to follow you into a hailstorm of gunfire.

A CV can trap an enemy ship and not have to worry about risking himself to the same degree that two ships brawling with each other will.  When you lose all your planes cornering someone, you're dead for 1-2 minutes depending on the nation you're using.  When you brawl with an enemy ship, you are usually guaranteeing mutually-assured destruction, or massive damage to the survivor.

Good. The less cancer the better.

Never had you pegged as issm's right-hand-man.:ohmy:

Edited by TenguBlade
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

Never had you pegged as issm's right-hand-man.:ohmy:

Issm and I disagree on some issues and I openly condemn his way of protesting CV presence. However it just so happens that I believe CVs to be disproportionately influential (both in good and bad ways depending on player skill) and wish for them to either be radically rebalanced into a more pronounced support class or - failing that - discouraged from playing the game. I'm not happy with the latter but I'll take it over the CV rampage that is so frequent at T4-5 and T9-10 these days even despite the obviously brutal economy.

• Cool 1

Members
11,026 posts
30,665 battles

CVs earn less because they're too OP at performing the actions that earn credits for other ships.

I even recall seeing a WG post to that effect, forgot where. Should have bookmarked. One of the recent Q&As I think?

[BLNCE]
Members
13,459 posts
44,054 battles

Only Cancer to people who cant play their class

WG conceded they were a cancer when it hard balanced them in the MM and restricted their numbers. If they werent cancerously ruining gameplay, why would WG do that.

I dont think they should be removed. Game just needs a No Cv button in the MM. 

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

CVs earn less because they're too OP at performing the actions that earn credits for other ships.

I even recall seeing a WG post to that effect, forgot where. Should have bookmarked. One of the recent Q&As I think?

I meant that an average performance in a CV will earn less than an average performance in other classes. 

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

I meant that an average performance in a CV will earn less than an average performance in other classes. 

Yes, because an average performance in a CV is more spectacluar/impactful/damaging than an average performance in most other ships (see warships.today). It's only fair that there should be some disadvantage to it.

Members
2,688 posts
4,560 battles

Issm and I disagree on some issues and I openly condemn his way of protesting CV presence. However it just so happens that I believe CVs to be disproportionately influential (both in good and bad ways depending on player skill) and wish for them to either be radically rebalanced into a more pronounced support class or - failing that - discouraged from playing the game. I'm not happy with the latter but I'll take it over the CV rampage that is so frequent at T4-5 and T9-10 these days even despite the obviously brutal economy.

Support class.  Seriously?  "Hey,  lets make this one class unable to do any real damage and stick them in a scouting role solely!"  No.  Not even approaching a good idea.

Don't get me wrong,  as a person who plays most of the classes of ships in game I definitely think CV's need a rebalancing.  The ability for a CV to drop its entire load almost directly into the side of a ship is ridiculous and extremely frustrating for the party on the receiving end.  The problem is that the alternative,  auto-dropping,  is laughably bad and CV torpedo speed is stuck at anemic.  Thankfully bomb dispersion was stealthily buffed sometime recently so while RNG is still a factor,  I feel like its no worse a factor then say BB dispersion.

My two cents?  Increase arming distance for CV torpedo's, buff torpedo speed ((not to destroyer levels)),  decrease drop distance for auto-drops.  Not massively,  recreating the problem of manual dropping too close would just make the problem worse,  but enough so that a well placed auto-drop will be rewarded.  Not as much as a well placed manual drop,  mind you,  because being able to properly predict a ships movement and lay down a good torpedo launch should be rewarded.  It just shouldn't un-freaking-dodgeable.

• Cool 1

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles

Their economy was nerfed hard

CVs aren't played for their economy. People don't play them because they don't know how to. They dont know how to strafe, how to manual drop, how to cross drop, how to bait, how to utilize their own patience. Screwing around at lower tiers is one thing, on the other hand trying to play competitively at high tiers against professional players is a whole other. Its very unforgiving and a single misclick during a manual drop can be the difference between a win and a loss in respect to the battle. And Im not even talking about how many AS trolls are out there who play just to annoy others.
Edited by Ulthwey
  • Cool 1

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

Yes, because an average performance in a CV is more spectacluar/impactful/damaging than an average performance in most other ships (see warships.today). It's only fair that there should be some disadvantage to it.

Well that's not really fair to average players. I mean, me in a CV is nothing spectacular/impactful/damaging, but since the unicum CV players are so good, I have to be disadvantaged? 

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

Well that's not really fair to average players. I mean, me in a CV is nothing spectacular/impactful/damaging, but since the unicum CV players are so good, I have to be disadvantaged? 

Well, no. Frankly everyone in the presence of carriers, including many carrier players themselves, feel like they are collateral damage to a giant mess that is CVs in WoWs.

Beta Testers
1,136 posts
4,017 battles

And here's one: increase the goddamn timer on reloading bombers. I mean what the f*ck. As a dd i have to endure a full minute thirty to reload a single battery of torps and certainly dont have the ability to spam them at point blank range without being annihilated myself.

Personnally, i think the entire philosophy of insisting that planes are the actual CVs hp is compleyely broken. Its a root from which a number of problems arise.

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,072 posts
1,514 battles

WG'ing have admitted, because only mostly really good players are playing CV's and because those really good players are capable of achieving really extreme games so easily in them they nerfed them so the average income was much lower or else good CV players could trivialise the economy.

WG;ing have admitted that in addition to being nearly unplayable for the vast majority of the playerbase CV's have a flat out issue where in the best players hands they're far too good. Basically if you where to plot skill vs results on a graph non-CV players are linear, CV players are quadratic or more.

Members
5,206 posts
3,461 battles

I've been thinking i should just start running AS CV and farm salty CV tears. Too bad the UI is such a trainwreck even trolling in the CV is unfun.

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

Ya, earning a lot of credits in CVs is difficult. Yesterday, I managed to net 197k credits (non-premium) in my Shokaku, for the low effort of 213k damage done, 7 ships sunk, 31 planes shot down, 341k potential damage tanked , and 3 caps defended. Also didn't even top my team on base XP earned. It's just the way things are. Gonna have to learn destroyer play to make money.