Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kizarvexis

ONE torp from Sharnhorst did 48k??

17 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
20,063 posts
12,754 battles

I just finished a battle and ONE torp fired into a Arp Hiei did 48,249 damage. The Sharnhorst torp max damage in 13,700, so this is 3.52 times the max. So can you citadel with a torp and will it multiply damage that much?

9n8fr3Y.jpg

[PLDN]
Alpha Tester
2,162 posts
6,705 battles

Detonation for sure. Always fun.

[PVE]
Members
20,063 posts
12,754 battles

Did you detonate the Hiei? Because that is what it seems like.

Don't know, it was co-op. So a detonate will multiply by that much?

I'm below average in PvP, so I mostly hang out in co-op. I just recently started getting regular 3-4 kill games in co-op, so still working on the skills for the jump to PVP.

p.s. Islands still ram me fairly often when I'm focused on firing on a ship or two or especially when I try my weak version of torpedo beats. :teethhappy:

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,614 posts
15,409 battles

PVE detonations are the same as PVP detonations, but nobody gets the award, which is why its sometimes hard to tell that it happened.

[PVE]
Members
20,063 posts
12,754 battles

PVE detonations are the same as PVP detonations, but nobody gets the award, which is why its sometimes hard to tell that it happened.

It would be nice if they put a line of what you could have earned as potential Detonation award, potential Close Quarters, potential Fireproof, etc. At least then in Co-op you would know if you are doing something right. Don't give the award, but let Co-op players know that in PvP that which you did had the potential to have that award.

Banned
2,485 posts
977 battles

I'm below average in PvP, so I mostly hang out in co-op. I just recently started getting regular 3-4 kill games in co-op, so still working on the skills for the jump to PVP.

p.s. Islands still ram me fairly often when I'm focused on firing on a ship or two or especially when I try my weak version of torpedo beats. :teethhappy:

Detonations are a guaranteed one-hit-kill if it occurs, regardless of the original alpha damage of the ordnance.

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

Detonations kill a ship no matter what their HP. One shell from a destroyer can kill a full health T10 battleship if it detonates him. 

"Fun and Engaging" "Working as Intended" "Balanced" 

[PVE]
Members
20,063 posts
12,754 battles

So Detonations are the proverbial golden BB. :)  

That is what must have happened when I first played a South Carolina, my first BB game. I fired one salvo and the incoming salvo deleted me right away just a minute or two into the Co-op game. I didn't play BBs again until I got to the Cleveland. :)

[Y81]
Members
761 posts
3,812 battles

Detonations are a guaranteed one-hit-kill if it occurs, regardless of the original alpha damage of the ordnance.

Yep,got detonated in my Konig a few weeks ago by one air dropped torp in PvE.Tried to turn away,and I think one of the torps went in under one of the front turrets....BOOM!

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
21,083 battles

German torps.  100% higher chance to detonate their targets.

YASymuM.jpg

Edited by TenguBlade
  • Cool 1

[ARC]
Members
1,010 posts
11,196 battles

If you do a detonation, you get all the remainig HP as damage done, doesn't matter if you detonate a NC with a Benson HE shell (sorry don't have that GIF right now, that was ridiculous)

Sign in to follow this