Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mahrs

Well, tonight's had it all - fried, baked, mashed, boiled...

22 comments in this topic

Members
1,797 posts
7,977 battles

- Torp'd by my own team while brawling at close range?  Check.

- Team DDs yolo off alone to provide no screen and screw the team?  Check.

- Team goes straight to the 0 line on Shards, loses match pitifully?  Check.

- Team watches reds cap points, does nothing to contest, loses in less than 10 mins?  Check. 

- Teammates watch reds cap your base in standard less than 8km away and don't reset?  Check. 

- Teammates sit back in brawling BB and attempt to snipe, hitting nothing, until everyone else is dead and they get focused?  Check.  

Literally, every match tonight (with one or two exceptions) has been a veritable list of "How to suck at WoWS and lose matches."  

I got Karma nuked after that Shards debacle.  I asked, jokingly, at the beginning of the match if anyone had ever played World of Warships.  Everyone laughed and joked, came up with all sorts of other things they thought they were really playing.  After they all went 0-line..not A cap, mind you, the actual zero line, I typed in chat "I thought you guys were joking earlier.  Apparently not."  Seemingly, that got under their skin enough to earn me 4 reports.  

This confuses me...it really does.  I don't understand how people can be this bad at anything, firstly.  Second, there are days when things are all right and there are days like today...and, I don't really know why that should be so...

• Cool 2

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,230 battles

I had a great day yesterday,,, a SUNDAY FFS.... and today>>>>???

holy crap.... team Orieda almost every game....

I feel your pain....

Beta Testers
1,022 posts
1,161 battles

I understand it has been some tough games, But I feel like GD has become a section to post rants and vent lol.

Members
1,797 posts
7,977 battles

I understand it has been some tough games, But I feel like GD has become a section to post rants and vent lol.

You're right.  Poor form on my part.  No excuse.  I went from two days where things were awesome (like pmgaudio).  It broke me.  Doesn't elevate the discourse here in any way.  I just closed the client and now I am trying to enhance my calm and figure out how to use the three sea shells.  

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
88 posts
6,658 battles

Sadly I had a great games today.  Most of the potatoes were on the red team. Was finally able to get my FDG. First game in her was stock and came out with 189k damage. 

Members
1,797 posts
7,977 battles

Sadly I had a great games today.  Most of the potatoes were on the red team. Was finally able to get my FDG. First game in her was stock and came out with 189k damage. 

God bless, man.  Glad to see someone putting the luck I don't have to use tonight.  

Alpha Tester
2,162 posts
6,770 battles

You know, if ranked battles came back, people would be able to fight people of equal ability instead of being eternally trapped in the potato fields.

You have no idea how wrong this is, but I digress.

Taters gonna tate, try to keep your team alive and your win rate may revive.

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,230 battles

You know, if ranked battles came back, people would be able to fight people of equal ability instead of being eternally trapped in the potato fields.

[UDEAD]
-Members-
417 posts
16,161 battles

49517170.jpg

LOL.... I feel you bro.... we have all had nights like that

Edited by Xenostryker
  • Cool 1

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
88 posts
6,658 battles

Take a look at last season of Ranked or the the previous ones.  There are player's that have ranked out by the volume of games they played. 

You can just see all the potatoes that played it and ranked out by just hitting battle button and disappoint their own teams.  I can name a few players but I won't. 

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

Ranked is no better than Random. In fact, it gives you more frustration because wins mean more in Ranked. 

Members
1,797 posts
7,977 battles

I will say that I enjoy the ranked format.  Starting the ships much closer together leads to more of that action heavy, close range slugging that a lot of us enjoy.  That's baby ranked at Tier VI though...not sure I even played any Tier VIII (I had only Hipper and didn't feel comfortable at the time), could be totally different.  As noted, it didn't alleviate poor play, but it DID make folks a lot saltier because wins and losses took on more importance.  I try to be the voice of reason - I couldn't do that yesterday, which is a measure of just how badly it got to me.  

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
138 posts
4,101 battles

I just closed the client and now I am trying to enhance my calm and figure out how to use the three sea shells.  

After stopping off at Taco Bell of course. :popcorn:

Members
493 posts
7,043 battles

Last night, I was an epic potato.  Beyond potato.  Just could not perform.

I generally have bad stats, but my MBH is always above average.  Last night, all my shots were duds.  I'd splash all around ships, but hardly hit them.  Even my Bismark secondaries weren't landing hits.

I also seemed to always make the wrong decision and end up in unsalvageable situations.  I'd pick a capture point that is usually left for last based on how the map plays, and I'd run into half the red team doing the same thing.  I'd tank 3-4 ships for 3-5 minutes, dejectedly conceding that at least that would give my team the numbers advantage at other capture points, which would make a difference.  Right?  Right?  No, I'd often survive longer than many teammates.

Or I'd be in a situation where I know it's very likely a DD launched a torp salvo, and start WASD hacking.  But the hacking turned me INTO the torpedo spread where I would have been fine if I'd just sailed nice and straight.

And what's with the Bismark's turrets being incapacitated and destroyed so much?  One game I had BOTH front turrets DESTROYED.  Try to "tank" AND fight when all you have left is your 2 rear turrets and a few remaining secondaries.  And every time I had a BB or Cruiser turn and show me broadside, one of my turrets was unavailable.  Or loaded with HE...

One game, I was still alive towards the end of my team being steam rolled and several BB's, some DD's shot me with HE and set 3 fires.  I put them out.  Then as soon as the immunity was gone, more HE from the BB's and 4 fires.   And then they let me alone to burn.  Didn't even bother putting me out of my misery.  Not even Torp spreads from the DD's.

The kicker was trying to get the daily win with my Cleveland.  T8 match with 2 NC's, 1 Bismark, 1 Amagi, Bensons, Mahans, etc...  My Cleveland gun range is 13ish KM's.  That's murder zone for NC's and very close to Secondary range for Bismarks.  I don't think I'd even see a stealth build NC before it could just Cit me to death.  I made the run from spawn point to an island.  And of course, I was spotted and had to frantically dodge incoming fire from the NC's and maybe the Amagi too (Yup, the spawn on the same side, and went to the same cap....)  I was exhausted when I got to the island, having taking maybe one overpen hit worth of damage.  But then, what to do?  Again, one of those wrong decisions.  Moving up to the islands for cover meant I was trapped in the murder zone of several BB's.  In hindsight, I should have run to the back of the map for the beginning of the match?  I don't know... I just can't play "run and hide", it's not in me.  Long story short, BB came around island to find me and what was I going to do?  Kill him before he killed me?  Yeah, back to port.  And where was my team?  All around me, hovering like an arc around the cap circle.  To no beneficial effect.  I contributed nothing besides a brief distraction, and my team did no better.

I usually like to look at my Warships Today "yesterday" score the next morning.  Think back on my matches, admit my many mistakes, theorize what I should have done instead.  This morning, I just feel like finding another game to play.

TL;DR: I was a potato.  My team were also potatoes.  When matches start going bad, they usually just get worse, not better. 

Members
1,494 posts
12,756 battles

Yeah, I had 7 consecutive very bad battles.  The irony is that the two I won I was the first potato to get baked (including being in a Fletcher and seeing torps in the  distance and for some stupid reason thinking I could remain broadside to them and just back up into my smoke screen....would have worked had I already been stationary, but since I was still moving forward i was able to back up just enough to eat on of the middle (of four) mid ship).  

One other very sad scenario was watching a Wyoming on Solomon Islands.  When I switched to him he was full health and and just requested support.  I see incoming TBs that it appears he never reacts to because he continues to sail broadside to them and east 3 of 4 fish (NEVER using WASD).  The next TB squadron comes and he eats 2 of 3, again never using WASD until after the torps hit.  When he finally does use WASD (granted he is now down to 1/4 health) it is only to bring all four turrets to bear against two enemy BBs, both of which are angled).  He dies before he can fire his rear turrets. 

[5IN]
Members
2,109 posts
10,709 battles

I feel your pain OP... the last 3-4 days have been pretty brutal.

Im not sure what I'm doing wrong... I haven't changed anything but the losses keep multiplying. In many of my losses, I've been the top loser, so I guess its not all bad.

Had a crushing loss yesterday in Fletcher. Not a huge dmg game, but took out all 3 DDs on the red team and got a double strike. Hard to take losses like that sometimes...

Just need to reset and keep trying I guess. Maybe say a prayer to RNGesus :P

B

Members
81 posts
4,454 battles

I had teams just fall apart....I was one of three left against 9 in one game last night.  I had 1900 hp and was engaged with three BBs two CA's and a DD.  I was all alone and defending a cap.  When I captured that point I had 7 ships with me.........I didnt last much longer.  But thats about how my teams were last night.  No communication or regard for even trying to win.

Sign in to follow this