Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
mous1

thoughts about how battleships play?

15 comments in this topic

[36]
Members
269 posts
5,034 battles

So do you like how battleships play (damage, damage receive,over Pen, armor health speed...etc).

[O7]
Members
5,393 posts
12,182 battles

And if you don't, thats why there are other classes that do different things.

Alpha Tester
2,716 posts
4,076 battles

And if you don't, BB's should call for easier BB play and nerfs to every other class

FTFY in regards to general forum history

[B808]
Members
1,326 posts
7,773 battles

What should they be doing ? most seem to think sitting at max distance from even their team is the way to play

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
5,194 posts
12,101 battles

Do I like how BB's play, yes. Do I like how others play them.... no. Yesterday I had 2 tier 8 and a tier 7 BB (along with an 8 cruiser) afraid to go after a Colorado and two Pensacola's. Until I charged them with my Leander. And even then it took a while for them to grow a spine to follow me in. Another one me and a cruiser pushed up, all the other BB's fell back and then the cruisers for no real reason leaving us out to dry. By the time someone pinged "provide cover for WanderingGhost" it was too late and I got sunk, after taking 2 of them down and inflicting heavy damage on 2 more from raging fires and a couple torps. And to add insult to injury they still lost that match despite what me and the cruiser did to most of their team.

I'm not saying BB's should be the first ship, thats more IJN DD's thing where they are that good at staying hidden but locating ships. But they should at least try and push forward. 

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
21,049 battles

FTFY in regards to general forum mindsets

FTFY in regards to tense.  BBabbies have always been a scapegoat so the drivers of other classes don't have to look in the mirror to figure out how much of a part of the problem they were.  They still are; just wait for PT round 2to end and any changes will become our fault.

Edited by TenguBlade

[DRED0]
Members
41 posts
3,134 battles

I play mine rather historically, and enjoy them.  Sometimes, the situation ends up with you in the middle of a hairball, but the whole point of being able to shoot something from ten miles away is to shoot things from ten miles away.  I realize that from a video game point of view, some people really enjoy running in and tanking, and I don't begrudge them their fun, but from a military tactics point of view, only an idiot closes range when they have a range advantage.

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
9,421 battles

Yes, in general, I like how BBs play.

I expect a lot of players like how they play as they are quite popular. They are the Hvies of WoWS.

The one criticism on the Forums we see is the propensity of some players to play them at their max gun range.

Thing is these players will winnow themselves out of (gene) pool eventually as they will lose more.

Members
3,429 posts
6,898 battles

BB's should play to their maximum potential: If their turrets could aim seperately.

2s0efz4.jpg

Edited by dionkraft
  • Cool 1

[DRAK3]
Members
3 posts
2,898 battles

1) A BB has long range. The price is slow loading... so lets see, dive in to a hair ball with the rest of the crew who, from the games I have played have no idea how to support and become a sitting duck for somewhere around half a minute.

2) A BB IS a sitting duck for a DD if they get the drop. So again... yeah lets take a BB in close to islands so they can get ambushed... yeah...

3) Cruisers can reload and pound the hell out of them if they work as a team... again, lets close with the cruisers... oops where did those torps come from?

4) A BB can take criticism for being a BB no matter what he/she does. Face it, they are big targets no matter what they do.

I see someone being critical of a BB for hanging back, but then they are called stupid for closing. Frankly, given what they go through, I am amazed that the caring an concerned people here haven't ran all of them off. Yes, there are other types... but there are other games out there as well.

The major problem in WoWS is communication. It isn't easy to coordinate when you have to pretty much leave the action for however long it takes to type a message. Misunderstanding compound the issues. Being judgmental over someone else's play is at the very least NOT constructive. At worst it can run off people... the idiots... who are helping pay for the game. 

Yes, I do enjoy BB play. Even with all that comes with it. Franky, however, I have pretty much learned that I cannot rely on anyone. I do try to help when I can, but I cannot help but be disappointed when I see the negative comments. Rare is the day when I see constructive comments. 

Oh, on top of that, I play a German BB. Which is like taking a shotgun to a sniper fight. 

BB's are fun, they are the heavies. But. They are generally slow. They are not that maneuverable. They are slow loading.

Now for the closing comment. This is a game. I will not tell anyone here what they should or should not play, that is their choice. The idea is to have fun. I like my Gneise. I like Co-op. I get frustrated just like the rest of you. It's a game. 

• Cool 1

[BS]
[BS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
151 posts
6,520 battles

BB's should play to their maximum potential: If their turrets could aim seperately.

2s0efz4.jpg

THIS, OH MY GOD THIS.

Not being able to control the turrets individually has always frustrated me. I try my best, to multitask the rear turret, but it's so much easier said than done. It also leaves front turrets exposed, as they rotate and point their weaker sides forward.

[ICOP]
Members
1 post
11,131 battles

It is bull crap that there is so much smoke. if you are going to give cruisers and DD's smoke then give BB's radar or something. I am darn sick and tired of getting killed by ships i never see and can't run from.

[DOS2]
Members
2 posts
6,077 battles

well I see the same you will be going along and then when you look up there is no support at all, The problem is not the game but the players, I tell you I see this all the time, I have gone from playing Cruisers and Battleships to destroyers as a result. tverytime I play something else I am left high and dry.  Perhaps they ought to ad a category for the players skills, like team play , and deduct points from their personal scores when they run away. At least with a DD you know that there are very few that are going to be near you when you are laying torpedoes as you are out in front of them, of course there is the times near the end of the game that some glory hound runs up front after hiding for the rest of the game and not looking at where you have fired torpedoes and gets killed, Well for them  I guess them's the breaks

Sign in to follow this