You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SeanPwnery

...and on the 112th box

44 comments in this topic

[CDOGZ]
Beta Testers
702 posts
3,338 battles

This Christmas box event has been... incredible... I went into this gunning for a Nikolai - my only hope of ever getting one.

I broke the damn bank... without a doubt. So throughout this entire event, I opened box after box after box ... the breakdown was...

20 : $1 boxes

77 : $3 boxes

15 : $5 boxes

...and day after day, it was "No Nikolai for you comrade."

Instead, I got literally every other ship imaginable.

• Atlanta
  • Blyskawica
  • Anshan
  • Lo Yang
  • Murmansk
  • Molotov
  • Saipan (got so many doubloon hits, I bought this while it was on sale in-game)
  • Marblehead

I'm not saying I didn't get my money's worth - on the contrary, I feel like I hit the jackpot - but that damn Nikolai continued to evade me. Day after day I'd hear of people getting 3 boxes and getting it twice, or 5 boxes and getting it 4 times - and day after day I'd make this face :angry: waiting and hoping for my query to finally pop. My paypal and credit cards continued to scream in protest, and WG kept making troll-faces with thousands of camo's, thousands of doubloons and day after day of premium time. Strangely enough I observe "Well, I didn't get an Atago or a Kutuzov... those woulda been nice too I suppose."

Then... today, on the last day - I buy three $5 boxes and on box 110... a small miracle happened...

kutuzov_zpsqzghgnuh.jpg

Oh sweet jesus... things are looking up.. but only two boxes left, and seriously, I'm blowing way too much on this event. Box 111 - Gamescon camo's ... well hell, I guess my beloved Nikolai will be my Ships version of the Mutant-6 I never got in tanks...

....but then... just then... box 112. The last box I make my peace with my wallet to buy and open...

Nikolai_zpspqukczac.jpg

...and suddenly I'm all like...

Its-a-Wonderful-Life_zpsqosd17kt.jpg

"Every time my wallet rings, a Nikolai gets its wings!"

It's a wonderful life... :teethhappy:

• Cool 4

[POP]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
251 posts
2,858 battles

should of just bought 3$ in batches of 5.. you would of got it for alot less. congrataz though!

Members
70 posts
2,433 battles

i would gladly trade my nikolai for a gremmy :(...thats the one ship i really wanted out of this...i pulled the nikolai from my very first batch of 10 $3...since then ive gotten a lo yang, 2x anshans, a digital paperweight i mean marblehead, and 1000's of doubloons im holding onto to invest into the Missouri

[CDOGZ]
Beta Testers
3 posts
847 battles

i would gladly trade my nikolai for a gremmy :(...thats the one ship i really wanted out of this...i pulled the nikolai from my very first batch of 10 $3...since then ive gotten a lo yang, 2x anshans, a digital paperweight i mean marblehead, and 1000's of doubloons im holding onto to invest into the Missouri

i got the gremmy in the preorder.. i dont think ill ever play it either! lol

However like Sean said its well worth it anyways!

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles

All the ships after "thanks santa" in my sig is what I got.

My main goal was to get the Gremy, so mission was accomplished.

On top of all of the flags, I ended up getting a years worth of premium to boot. I did the half price 1 year when it was available, so I ended up with 2 years.  686 days atm. :teethhappy:

Congorats!

Edited by Wulfgarn

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,253 posts
21,677 battles

$77 over 5 days.

1st box....Marblehead.

2nd box....z Marblehead. 

Used gold I got to buy Campbelltown when half off.

Boxes 3 to 40...1600 gold, flags n paint.

Box 41....Tirpitz....yay...number 2 on my top 3 most wanted...

Box 47...Nikolai......yay...just missing Lo Yang and my top 3 filled....

No joy, but I feel for $77 I made out good.

• Cool 2

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,757 posts
13,730 battles

...and yet the most OP premium ship in game, the Belfast, nobody dreams of lol..

Congrats on the Nikolai... crates were great fun and we had a division bet last night that I won and on one crate got the Indy which other than the Krispy Kreme only one I didn't have. 

[KNTAI]
Members
3,133 posts
8,742 battles

...and yet the most OP premium ship in game, the Belfast, nobody dreams of lol..

Congrats on the Nikolai... crates were great fun and we had a division bet last night that I won and on one crate got the Indy which other than the Krispy Kreme only one I didn't have. 

Dunno why people label that ship OP. The Flint is much better than Belfast. Belfast has no super RN CL AP shells, nor torps. All you gotta do is their kite away from the cloud, or charge it and blast the little defenseless fellow away. The only saving grace... a Radar. I guess the definition of OP greatly varies between person to person lol
Edited by Excield

Members
2,389 posts
13,906 battles

It is much the same with myself comrade. I too have the bank hunting me after such a glorious expenditure on boxes. They too have been very good to me.

Going into this season I already owned the Dunk, Prinz, Lenn & MKut... then I got hooked by the santa man... as a result of this foul habit, and having spent around $250 of boxes... I got 30k++ Dblns and camos and flags and FXP and a ton of ships... the last ones being a Yo Lang..and .. the Nikolai!  what a run...

Emden (x2) Ishizucki Marblehead Murmansk Arizona Molotov Anshan Indianapolis Blyskawica  Warspite  Atlanta Sims Texas(x3) Yo Lang Nikolai 

• Cool 1

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,187 battles

You might need to get a financial coach or something...

he can't afford one now...
  • Cool 2

[CDOGZ]
Beta Testers
702 posts
3,338 battles

he can't afford one now...

Close! I just didn't get to indulge at last weekend's gun show :unsure:

[JBY]
Members
82 posts
10,794 battles

Yeah, I went completely stupid buying boxes. I'd buy a few here, a few there. Not keeping track at all. I used paypal so it didn't show up on my bank account for a few days. When I saw how much I spent I want to punch myself in the face. Like I honestly felt sick and was disgusted with myself. 

I got every ship available in the boxes.

I got about 90k doubloons (a good chunk from duplicate ships)

650 dragon flags, only once got 333, the other times I got 25 at a time. 

I have about 1200 ocean soul cammo, about that much combined of the other cammo.

Never once got premium time, but I did use some of the doubloons to buy 1 year premium time.

• Cool 2

[AARG]
Beta Testers
1,200 posts

Yeah, I went completely stupid buying boxes. I'd buy a few here, a few there. Not keeping track at all. I used paypal so it didn't show up on my bank account for a few days. When I saw how much I spent I want to punch myself in the face. Like I honestly felt sick and was disgusted with myself. 

I got every ship available in the boxes.

I got about 90k doubloons (a good chunk from duplicate ships)

650 dragon flags, only once got 333, the other times I got 25 at a time. 

I have about 1200 ocean soul cammo, about that much combined of the other cammo.

Never once got premium time, but I did use some of the doubloons to buy 1 year premium time.

Hope the wife doesn't read your bank statement. lol jk

Beta Testers
19 posts
2,398 battles

I bought 5 $3 boxes, got the Blys making it entirely worthwhile. Very fun ship.

Then I bought 20 more: I got Murmansk, Ishizuchi, Anshan, Anshan (again in the next box), and Ishizuchi in the box right after that one.

Got about 12000 doubloons off that set, so about the value of my purchase in doubloons along with about as much in ships.

Decided to get another 20: Got Atago, Kutuzov, Atago again, Kutuzov again, and Kutuzov yet again in the next box.

Got about 35000 doubloons along with a pair of $50 ships. 

I found it interesting that I kept getting repeats within each purchase, but no repeats across them. A little sad to not get Nikolai, but I won't behurting for doubloons for a loooong time.

[AARG]
Beta Testers
1,200 posts

I bought 5 $3 boxes, got the Blys making it entirely worthwhile. Very fun ship.

Then I bought 20 more: I got Murmansk, Ishizuchi, Anshan, Anshan (again in the next box), and Ishizuchi in the box right after that one.

Got about 12000 doubloons off that set, so about the value of my purchase in doubloons along with about as much in ships.

Decided to get another 20: Got Atago, Kutuzov, Atago again, Kutuzov again, and Kutuzov yet again in the next box.

Got about 35000 doubloons along with a pair of $50 ships. 

I found it interesting that I kept getting repeats within each purchase, but no repeats across them. A little sad to not get Nikolai, but I won't behurting for doubloons for a loooong time.

Dang, you would love Indianapolis. Best T7 cruiser IMO.