You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MrMooFlarby01

What are the rare ships?

22 comments in this topic

Members
855 posts
2,236 battles

For some reason I was always bothered in WoT whenever I'd see one of those really rare tanks that almost nobody has. I wanted it. I still regret not buying a Type 59 before it was to be never sold again. Succesfull marketing, I guess. I became very involved in this game throughout the alpha and beta and decided that I wanted to collect all the rare ships, as I saw myself as definitely playing this game for the very long term (something I'd never done with any game before as it usually costs way too much). I started out strong: I got the Iwaki, Arkansas, Sims, Yubari, Gremy, and Albany... and then I got busy with school and barely played for quite a long time. I failed in my mission to have the rare ships. Can you give a me a list of exactly what ships a) have been sold and never will be sold again, and b) are rare ships that will only be sold every once in a while (like the KV5 in WoT). So far I've gathered that the Diana, Prinz Eugen, and Imperator Nikolai will never be sold again and can only be acquired through those Santa boxes and supercontainers. I believe the Kitakami was permanently removed from the game but I've seen people claim that it still exists. I understand the Kamikaze will not be sold again after this sale right now so I plan on buying that soon. Anything else?

Edited by MrMooFlarby01

[-K--]
Beta Testers
4,566 posts

Arkansas Beta - beta Testers only

Iwaki Alpha  - Alpha testers only

Gremyashchy - Deemed OP only way to get is RNG xmas boxes of WG give aways

Nikolai - Deemed OP only way to get is RNG xmas boxes of WG give aways

Flint - Ranked Only

Kitkami is gone, stated by a dev recently its not even in game files now.

Edited by Spyde

Alpha Tester
2,716 posts
4,076 battles

Praise RNGesus!

[GUYS]
Alpha Tester
2,756 posts
4,221 battles

Quite a few are unavailable for purchase.

Unavailable for normal purchase but do occationally show up. Note, Belfast and Perth have only been sold once sofar and may actually qualify for a second catagory

Dunkerque

Scharnhorst

Perth

Belfast

Lo Yang

Prinz Eugen

Albany

Arizona

Indianapolis

Diana

Blyskawica

Krasny Krym

Murmansk

Leningrad

Ships they will "never sell again" include but may not be limited to...

Anshan

Imperator Nikolai I

Gremyachy

Fujin

Kamikaze R

Kamikaze

Ships of unknown plans

Yubari

Katori

Tone

Admiral Graf Spee

Mikasa

Reward ships/exclusive

Iwaki Alpha

Arkansas Beta

Flint

Alabama ST

Not released

Alabama (regular)

Oleg

Black

Tone

Removed

Kitakami :(

Edited by TabbyHopkins

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
8,214 battles

Arkansas Beta - beta Testers only

Iwaki Alpha  - Alpha testers only

Gremyashchy - Deemed OP only way to get is RNG xmas boxes of WG give aways

Nikolai - Deemed OP only way to get is RNG xmas boxes of WG give aways

Flint - Ranked Only

Both Octavian and Pigeon have said that Kitakami will return, just not for sale, but they're looking for a way to make her earnable. I'm guessing they might end up making her a rank battles reward like Flint, or a Clan Battles reward. And Pigeon said it as recently as during the Bamagate ordeal.

Edited by renegadestatuz

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
8,214 battles

It's the Diana now? It was the Texas for awhile iirc.

I think it's both. I think the player gets the Texas once they get their first tier 6 ship.

Beta Testers
1,022 posts
1,161 battles

I think it's both. I think the player gets the Texas once they get their first tier 6 ship.

Correct.

Members
1,866 posts
6,944 battles

Well I got this thing from a livestream... never seen anyone else with that ship so it must be pretty rare

J3VMm1A.jpg

Edited by Marcanbus_NA

[VVV]
Members
2,740 posts

I believe the Kitakami was permanently removed from the game but I've seen people claim that it still exists.

IIRC KTKM's been removed but devs are looking into ways to reintroduce her without being a massive TK threat.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
12,278 posts
10,386 battles

The complete list of ships that have been (or will shortly be) removed from sale include:

Gremyashchy -- first sold in Closed Beta.  Hasn't been sold directly since.  Can still be acquired through loot crates (including Santa crates over Christmas 2016).

Imperator Nikolai I -- first sold over Black Friday 2015.  Hasn't been directly sold since.  Can still be acquired through loot crates (including Santa crates over Christmas 2016).

Fujin -- First sold in October of 2015.  Sold again in October and Black Friday 2016.  Being removed from sale January 20th.

Kamikaze R -- Reward ship, unlocked through Project R during January to February 2016.  Sold briefly after event concluded.  Has not been available since.

Kamikaze -- First sold over the Summer of 2016 through personal offers.  Available through Black Friday 2016.  First sold directly in January of 2017.  Being removed from sale January 20th.

That's it.  There has been no direct press statement saying the Kamikaze R will also be removed, but most are inferring she will be going too.  Contrary to rumour, the Anshan is still being made regularly available at particular sale intervals.  She was last on sale in December of 2016 and regularly goes on sale on other servers. 

In terms of rare ships, but still "available" ships, there are the following:

Katori:  Only available for purchase (so far) through Black Friday weekend 2016.

Albany:  Handed out as a bonus code through Wargaming's anniversary in August 2015.  Sold directly through Black Friday 2016.

"Lima" Variants:  These ships were only available through promotional codes found through purchasing various Asus hardware in 2015.  These were clones of various premium ships with a unique skin.

Anything else conforms to the norms of a limited release ship.

• Cool 1

[CVLOV]
Beta Testers
3,640 posts
2,638 battles

Both Octavian and Pigeon have said that Kitakami will return, just not for sale, but they're looking for a way to make her earnable. I'm guessing they might end up making her a rank battles reward like Flint, or a Clan Battles reward. And Pigeon said it as recently as during the Bamagate ordeal.

I hope, purchasable for freeXP.  Or thru personal missions that are super long, but never time out.

I respect they don't want to sell to potatoes, but they shouldn't make it so it needs Unicurm level of T8+ DD play to obtain (or some god impossible conditions for casual players like myself).

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
8,214 battles

I hope, purchasable for freeXP.  Or thru personal missions that are super long, but never time out.

I respect they don't want to sell to potatoes, but they shouldn't make it so it needs Unicurm level of T8+ DD play to obtain (or some god impossible conditions for casual players like myself).

I definitely understand what you're saying and understand it being frustrating if they were to set the conditions extremely high like that.