Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Noriruru

PvP (especially in higher tiers) is a lost cause.

100 comments in this topic

[FOGMC]
Members
211 posts

I must say the plague of potatoes and cowards had killed any good PvP.

No matter what new mechanics WG tries to put a stop to this nothing changes.

They tried debuffs for contacting the walls during open beta in order to discourage wall-hugging. However to this day wall-hugging still remains a thing.

They recently tried altering the economy by changing repair bills into a fixed but greatly reduced fee as well as increased rewards for things like tanking and capping in order to encourage bolder game play by giving players nothing to loose by doing so. But the potatoes and cowards hold firm.

In PvP these days you got two options.....

Option 1.... Sit in the back scratching your balls and picking your nose.

or

Option 2....Try to play aggressively and get instantly annihilated when the other team's potato squads inevitably focus you down.

Quite frankly I don't foresee this PvP meta changing anytime soon.

For those players who want some actual action only one solution remains.... (unless of course you consider giving up and looking for a new game another solution) and that is to Bite the Bullet and make PvE an economically viable alternative and expand upon it's features.

This can be achieved in one of two ways.

Either.

1.Keep the current reward system as is but remove Co-Op repair bills altogether.

or

2.Bring the reward system for Co-OP up to par with it's Random PvP counterpart.

Also they need to restore the 1 1/2 min Co-Op queue timer so that players have a proper chance to queue up for higher tier Co-Op matches.

Now the devoted PvP players can Rasp, Flame, Call it "easy mode", and throw insults at this all they want, but it doesn't change the fact that cowardly gameplay has made today's PvP a rather stagnant and boring affair and this is unlikely to change in the foreseeable future.

I'll take inept, suicidal BOTs over potatoes and wall-huggers anyday.

Now I USED to agree with the idea that maybe PvE should somewhat less rewarding than PvP but then I went out to walk a few miles in the PvPer's shoes, logging in nearly 380 PvP sorties in ARP Nachi alone and that's not including the various other battleships, cruisers, and even destroyers and occasional carrier.  So I'm no two-battle judge here.

So after seeing the terrabad PvP potato meta for myself I can no longer see the fairness of forcing players to endure this kind of gameplay by punishing them economically for playing the other option.

• Cool 5

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,665 posts
12,143 battles

:popcorn:  Show us on the :child: where the bad :happy_cap: touched you :facepalm:

• Cool 1

[FOGMC]
Members
211 posts

You forgot option 3.

Play high tiers in a division.

LOL divisions just mean 3 ships get wiped instead of just one. (See option 2)

[FOGMC]
Members
211 posts

REPORTED

Oh Really.....!

Right back at you.

Edited by Noriruru

[INTEL]
Members
3,265 posts
6,603 battles

Oh Really.....!

US Bureau of LOLz

Section 3. Subsection B. - Missing "z". It's a class 3 Internet violation. User could lose ice cream privileges.

• Cool 2

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles

Gotta love the absolutism of the OP's post; for PvP it's either hug the opposite map border, or yolo.

Guess playing smart and changing your tact based on a fluid situation never figured for this guy, which would explain his difficulty with PvP.

• Cool 3

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
8,214 battles

US Bureau of LOLz

Section 3. Subsection B. - Missing "z". It's a class 3 Internet violation. User could lose ice cream privileges.

Thats a major privilege to lose. Slak needs to repent for his sins and violation.

Members
331 posts
4,412 battles

Anybody can fail their way to high tiers. And it looks like you did as well, or free xp'd most of the way there.

And an average tier played of 6.7...I mean seriously dude, even I average above 1k exp in most of my best ships

Members
5,202 posts

Just sayin..

If someone is below average in damage, kills, survival rate, and wins in a T10 ship, that person is part of the problem.

Ironically, it's the tomatoes that usually complain the loudest. 

• Cool 4

[FOGMC]
Members
211 posts

Huh... Just the kind of maturity level I come to expect out of the legendary WoT/WoWs PvP peanut gallery....!

Members
291 posts

The bigger issue seems to be that in high tier play, everything is easily spotted and seen from very long ranges (any high tier BB is automatically seen on almost the entire map if they open fire while small stealthy vessels are seen at longer ranges through increased use and effectiveness of consumables) and engaged with increasingly powerful weaponry (be they Yamato 18" guns or long range torps or rapid fire flamethrowers), and thus it becomes a game of who makes the first mistake and gets seen rather than encounter battles where skill at maneuver and mid-close range gunnery matter.

• Cool 1

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,187 battles

High Tier play is not for everyone, it is not easy and is not the same as trolling around in a Clemson. It shouldn't be either.

No one is forcing you to play T9-10, honestly a lot of players would prefer if less did. It gets expensive when you have the misfortune of queing with the wrong players on the Green side.

Similar to Ranked if you don't take the game even a little seriously maybe T9-10 simply isn't for certain people, many times the in game chat will exude salt and let you know it.

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
8,214 battles

Huh... Just the kind of maturity level I come to expect out of the legendary WoT/WoWs PvP peanut gallery....!

Says the guy who obviously fails to adapt and says that PvP only has 2 extremes of the spectrum and no middle. Says it's either far left or far right. Yeah, and we're the peanut gallery :D

Beta Testers
118 posts
8,767 battles

I'm sorry to read that the OP has had PvP matches that have made them so frustrated. When you do have a game where players on both teams act with purpose and coordination it provides me with satisfaction even if it is a loss.  I play later in the evenings at PST time and in a 2/3 man division and experience the odd match where it is a wash.  The majority of the games played I find engaging with the feeling that the green team may win.  Best of luck in the ARP Nachi & Tirpitz Noriruru. Let the feelings of the great games outweigh the negative!   

Edited by nationaloilwellvarco
  • Cool 1

[TF_16]
Members
80 posts
4,129 battles

OP's stats complete the story: http://na.warshipstoday.com/signature/1000934355/dark.png 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this