You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
HolyWaterCow

Bring back 4 CV battles at high tiers!

7 comments in this topic

[R-SKY]
Members
64 posts
17,086 battles

I miss the occasional high tier battle with a t10 CV and a t9 CV versus the enemy t10+t9 (also t9/t8 and t8/t7 combos). Not only is it realistic as to how naval warfare was in the Pacific (I know this isn't a simulator) but those matches were so fun and basically forced both teams to work together when they otherwise wouldn't. Non-CVs actually had to work/stay together for AA because if they went off by themselves without care of what their teammates were doing then they'd be soloed out and slaughtered by the 2 enemy CVs (deservedly so). Also, as some1 who plays CVs, it's fun to have CV teammate to work with and plan out what you're going to do.

The only real downside imo is for DDs. But being able to rush in for caps from the second the match starts and playing completely independent from the rest of your team the entire match while looking for big ships to torp with the only concern not being detected is not exactly a good enough reason to keep 4 CV matches from existing. In fact, it makes DD gameplay look more like submarine gameplay (stealth, independent, hunting fatties with torps).

Anywho, those battles were so much fun. The minimap would be covered in planes and BBs/cruisers would communicate frequently in order to get the best AA cover to stay alive (plus all those planes give USN cruisers some purpose!). meh I'm rambling now but I do miss those matches.

[BEARS]
[BEARS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,191 posts
12,703 battles

You could have this if more people were willing to play high tier CV's .   That is the only thing keeping it from happening .  :honoring:  

[KSC]
Members
2,263 posts
13,901 battles

You could have this if more people were willing to play high tier CV's .   That is the only thing keeping it from happening .  :honoring:  

Did they revert the cap then?  A few patches ago they hard limited high tier to 1CV per team.

[BEARS]
[BEARS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,191 posts
12,703 battles

Did they revert the cap then?  A few patches ago they hard limited high tier to 1CV per team.

I do not remember seeing that news . Do you have a reference for that ?     :honoring:

[KSC]
Members
2,263 posts
13,901 battles

• As of patch 0.5.9.0, matchmaker will limit aircraft carriers to one per team in battles where the top tier ship is of Tier VIII, IX, or X.

source: http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Battle_Mechanics_(WoWS)

Members
887 posts
1,625 battles

The big question is the why?  Is it that the top tier have too many planes on certain sides, or is it to help ensure that carriers get into more battles because there are so few top tier carriers?

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles

I miss the occasional high tier battle with a t10 CV and a t9 CV versus the enemy t10+t9 (also t9/t8 and t8/t7 combos). Not only is it realistic as to how naval warfare was in the Pacific (I know this isn't a simulator) but those matches were so fun and basically forced both teams to work together when they otherwise wouldn't. Non-CVs actually had to work/stay together for AA because if they went off by themselves without care of what their teammates were doing then they'd be soloed out and slaughtered by the 2 enemy CVs (deservedly so). Also, as some1 who plays CVs, it's fun to have CV teammate to work with and plan out what you're going to do.

The only real downside imo is for DDs. But being able to rush in for caps from the second the match starts and playing completely independent from the rest of your team the entire match while looking for big ships to torp with the only concern not being detected is not exactly a good enough reason to keep 4 CV matches from existing. In fact, it makes DD gameplay look more like submarine gameplay (stealth, independent, hunting fatties with torps).

Anywho, those battles were so much fun. The minimap would be covered in planes and BBs/cruisers would communicate frequently in order to get the best AA cover to stay alive (plus all those planes give USN cruisers some purpose!). meh I'm rambling now but I do miss those matches.

This is a horrible idea on so many levels that I can not even describe. Instead of listing them I'll just mention the most important of them all, the wait time in the que alone is the most prominent problem since many high tier CV players wait 5-15mins in the que just to get into a game. Wait times are even longer in the evening.