You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Admiral Graf Spee - The I Got It thread

57 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,105 posts

Okay so yes I got the missions done... like many of you I'm sure. If you wanna celebrate, post a "I Got It!" here!

The ship seems to draw you closer than you should play to the forward edge of the battle line (FEBL). Maybe I'm just a feeble old cranky dude... but she does feel very solid as cruisers go... I like her/him/it. Should be a good trainer for the German lines... 

I want the 10 pt commander but anything/everything after that in the SC missions, meh.. I can do with or without. I wanted the ship. 

Warning: Low res image

2h7ibti.jpg

• Cool 2

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles

I wouldn't consider her any more tanky than say, the Cleveland.  

You have the ability to eat other cruisers for lunch, but in turn, BB's will still eat you for your mistakes.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,105 posts

I like the wood ship... :-) 

I dunno why but I thought it would take much longer than it did to get the ship. 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,097 posts
17,188 battles

Bought the second bundle when it became available. Finished the Santa Convoy missions last night! The Tirpitz Camo is very welcome 100% free xp bonus. Now I need to wrap up the Graff missions for the credits.

Edited by paradat

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,097 posts
17,188 battles

I wouldn't consider her any more tanky than say, the Cleveland.  

You have the ability to eat other cruisers for lunch, but in turn, BB's will still eat you for your mistakes.

The heal adds a lot of endurance to the ship.

Members
27 posts
410 battles

I bought it and tried it out, but I'm not really up to that level yet, I buy these specials in hopes I can grow into them. Probably a dumb strategy I know.

Edited by YANKEE137

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,105 posts

I bought it and tried it out, but I'm not really up to that level yet, I buy these specials in hopes I can grow into them. Probably a dumb strategy I know.

No not really.. show's you are planning to go long-term, you are supporting the game/devs and it's a decent ship. Take her to coop an beat the poodoo out of her for a hundred matches. You'll get better. 

Alpha Tester
444 posts
2,983 battles

Bought her day one, love her, so glad I did. She does reliably well when you get the chance to bully cruisers without attracting a lot of battleship attention, can sucker-punch battleships for a surprising chunk of damage, and can usually do her own health in damage in a short time when she ends up  in a go down fighting kind of situation.

Members
164 posts
2,002 battles

My friends and I have started calling her the "Grass Speed" because grass can grow faster than it maneuvers. The ship feels like its moving in slow motion and sailing through molasses.

It's a fun ship, but very...demanding...to use well. Not a ship for the impatient.

[ABDA]
Members
258 posts
3,843 battles

I bought it the first day it was available and I already finished all the Santa convoy missions last week. I run around in the special camo in it. Love the ship.

[HELLS]
Members
2,730 posts
28,912 battles

Done. Went from 88 million credits at the very start before Christmas to 110 million at the finish, and used zero doubloons. Note that I used standard ships on 6 of the 14 missions today, and any flags or cammos I used I earned in the game. Having a Premium account definitely helps, and I am never ashamed to play my Premium ships either, especially to win a decent premium cruiser. Ten wins in 14 games is a better-than average game day for me, and normally I don't play that many games a day in Random. I finished the New Year's Resolution Challenge while doing this today, so all in all it was a very good day for me game-wise. I am gamed out for today. DD grind starts tomorrow. There's a challenge for weak DD players like me!

[SWAMP]
Members
618 posts
32,481 battles

I finished up and got the Graff Spee earlier today. I only had time for 3 battles and won them all. I referred to her as a virgin as none of her guns or torps had been fired.

A neighborly Nagato ran the channel. I was right there to welcome her with some torps. The paint on them was bearly dry. I hit her broadside with them all, but Nagato kept on coming. I had to swing my rear to fire another volley of torps to finish her off.

I also sank a DD with one volley of the main guns. It was love at first sight.

My Spee is a virgin no more.

Edited by Rusty_Bucket__

Beta Testers
1,022 posts
1,161 battles

7qs3.png

Spoiler

Top tier or +1 tier this thing is a monster. I think I found a ship to add to one of my most favorites. Well worth the mission grind.

Edited by Redaction

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,105 posts

Top tier or +1 tier this thing is a monster. I think I found a ship to add to one of my most favorites. Well worth the mission grind.

I totally agree... and the honeymoon is still going strong for me... look at this:

2u7mv0z.jpg

Premium time sure. Eleven battles is not much of a valid sampling rate but I like this ship. When premium time ends and the signal flags stop flying, will I still like it? Probably so :-) It's my German trainer. BTW torpedo accuracy is so low because I'm still working with them, as in, best time to use them and how to use them. 

It's a bit of a challenge... play her as a second line ship and torps are mostly useless until you can get in front of the group. Working on it :-) 

This ship is not everyone's cup of tea but it is a ship type I've been wanting. Big guns. Hydro. Heal AND really good AA... kind of a big fat slob that can punch really hard and swat flies like nobody's business. 

Edited by Herr_Reitz
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,022 posts
1,161 battles

Yea in that match I posted, towards the endgame I sent a narrow spread from about 6-7 km out, and detonated the Colorado. Needless to say I was elated. A division of 3 of these top tier would demolish.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,105 posts

Yea in that match I posted, towards the endgame I sent a narrow spread from about 6-7 km out, and detonated the Colorado. Needless to say I was elated. A division of 3 of these top tier would demolish.

Probably tho I like having a BB around. 

And I finally figured out what the guns sound like... ready? Firework cannons... the big firework displays... when the shell is launched... 

[SWAMP]
Members
618 posts
32,481 battles

I'm running low on hydro so I mounted up premium AA with a premium fighter. Two bomber squads and one torp squad had me singled out. They did very little damage, with the torp being wiped out. They never bothered me again in the battle.

• Cool 2

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,072 posts
1,514 battles

My friends and I have started calling her the "Grass Speed" because grass can grow faster than it maneuvers. The ship feels like its moving in slow motion and sailing through molasses.

It's a fun ship, but very...demanding...to use well. Not a ship for the impatient.

Yeah it's definitely the ship's biggest weakness, it's easy to get left behind, it can't run, and it's awful at maneuvering under fire.

It hits hard sure, (when you get used to the arcs, still WIP for me), and she's actually quite good at taking hits for a cruiser. But i've had a lot of trouble getting into a good position to deal damage in her. And if somthing goes wrong that slow speed will kill you.

Members
4,478 posts
19,839 battles

I just got her about a hour ago, tried her out in 4 battles. Nice ship! Very maneuverable and surprisingly tough. WG didn't seem to put much effort into the ship's camo though.

Weren't we supposed to get a flag with her?