Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JamesSinks

I only have a few thousand credits. Repairs cost 10's of thousands...

17 comments in this topic

Members
184 posts
2,853 battles

....if I do poorly and don't earn enough credits in the next battle to cover repair costs what does the game do? How does it handle that situation?

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
8,214 battles

....if I do poorly and don't earn enough credits in the next battle to cover repair costs what does the game do? How does it handle that situation?

You wont be able to play the ship until you have enough credits for the repair cost.

[MPIRE]
[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
1,821 posts
10,838 battles

The ship sits in port damaged (and locked), until you're able to pay the service cost.

Remember that they changed the system so there's a flat service cost regardless of damage taken in battle.

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
2,438 posts

You aren't likely to see this in anything lower than T8 (sometimes T8) and if you do see a credit loss it is because you never showed up for the match.

Members
184 posts
2,853 battles

The ship sits in port damaged (and locked), until you're able to pay the service cost.

Remember that they changed the system so there's a flat service cost regardless of damage taken in battle.

​Good answer. Thanks.

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,676 posts
35,834 battles

Grind some more to make enough credits. reduce your costs if you are cash-strapped by not using Premium consumables. Play in a Premium account if you can.

In PvP tiers have low costs and make decent credits for an average game up to T6. T7 is when it starts to get a little more expensive to run ships. T8 and up will make you lose money unless you have a decent battle and/or cost reducing flags, camos, etc.

You usually play the lower tiers to make money to be able to afford T8+

If you do not have any T8+ ship, then you should be fine with costs. Also remember as mentioned above, costs to enter battle are fixed, and charged up front, regardless of damage incurred. Costs for ordnance do vary.

Edited by alexf24

[WOLFG]
Members
30,577 posts
9,216 battles

Something to think about though:

If this happened to all your ships, and you have no vacant port slots, you would either have to sell a ship, or buy dubs for a port slot to "rebuy" a Tier 1 ship....

[O_O]
Members
129 posts
17,290 battles

Something to think about though:

If this happened to all your ships, and you have no vacant port slots, you would either have to sell a ship, or buy dubs for a port slot to "rebuy" a Tier 1 ship....

If someone has gone through all of their ships and all of them need repairs...  Clearly they have no business playing this game.  Hehe  

Members
2,709 posts
17,046 battles

If someone has gone through all of their ships and all of them need repairs...  Clearly they have no business playing this game.  Hehe  

I would agree as I believe it's nearly impossible to lose credits at lower tiers. Or is it?

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
8,214 battles

I would agree as I believe it's nearly impossible to lose credits at lower tiers. Or is it?

Not having premium and being an uber potatoe?

[WOLFG]
Members
30,577 posts
9,216 battles

True, but I wouldn't be surprised to see somebody racing up the tiers not keeping any lower tier ships because they're always starved for credits for the next one.

Members
2,709 posts
17,046 battles

True, but I wouldn't be surprised to see somebody racing up the tiers not keeping any lower tier ships because they're always starved for credits for the next one.

Good point.

Members
808 posts
9,436 battles

Heck if this is a problem, drop into tier 3, 4, 5, or 6 randoms and make boatloads of credits.  It seems darn near impossible to lose credits at those tiers.  If this is still not working you need to drop into lower tiers in COOP and earn some credits it is much slower but very steady and you can improve the basics while there.  Practice gunnery, learn to use the mini-map, master the every important situational awareness, and master WASDing.  Then go and hone the craft in randoms.  I did the WRONG thing when I started i played a few games got me a tier 3 then bought me the ATAGO.  Played a bunch of RANDOM and sucked very badly.  Had another experienced player kinda of rip apart me in chat then on the side in port he contacted me and schooled me a bit and I took this criticism and ran with it and it improved my game a lot.  I am not expert but i am much better than I was and my numbers show steady improvement.

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
2,180 posts
10,491 battles

Grind credits in a premium ship. My choice is Blyskawica for that. She nets me about 200k per battle on average 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,205 posts
23,527 battles

It is possible, but really improbable. I am not sure you can lose money at tier 5 or less, even by going full potato in PvE. Get an Erie (or equivalent) and grind some credits. They are free.

Sign in to follow this