You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
thepigeonmaster

how unlucky can u be

25 comments in this topic

[CYPHR]
[CYPHR]
Members
133 posts
11,065 battles

i just got sunk by detonation from a single torp from a fletcher wile having full health in the FDG

tells u wat luck i have and how lukky he/she is this is like 3 to 4 min in game

shot-17.01.09_17.54.37-0809.jpg

Edited by ozzy0

[-K--]
Beta Testers
4,565 posts

You should not show your Detonation point.

Detonation are skill based... and are here to stay.   "Fun and Engaging"

:facepalm:

I always feel bad when i see this happen to someone in a match.. Such a crap mechanic 

Edited by Spyde

[FROGS]
Beta Testers
339 posts
1,792 battles

I was under the impression that  torps didn't cause Dets.

/shrug

I learned something today.

Edited by HanoverFist1970

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
8,214 battles

I've been detonated 18 times. Only 2 times were those detonations not in a BB. Once in my Fletcher, and once in my Minotaur. The remaining 16 times I've been detonated were all in my German BBs, 3 times in the FDG. And every time I was detonated in a BB was by torps.

Edited by renegadestatuz

[-FBS-]
Members
2,646 posts
4,290 battles

Idk, was detonated by a single shell in my maiden voyage of the T-52. Also was the first game of the new year. Started it off with a bang. :teethhappy:

Members
648 posts
3,799 battles

I was under the impression that  torps didn't cause Dets.

/shrug

I learned something today.

Last time it happened to me it was from a single torp from an Atago when I was in my Tirpitz.

Members
4,546 posts

Well, you could hop into another BB and be detonated by another torp in the first couple of minutes.  (Actually had that happen in back to back games in the Ishuzichi and then Imperator Nikolai).

[YORHA]
Members
5,133 posts
10,306 battles

I can confirm it is possible to get detonated from full health by a single torp on the nose of a Colorado.

Still got the flags to prove it.

[WOLFG]
Members
30,595 posts
9,232 battles

XvMlRsa.jpg

Exactly. It's always fun to OHKO an enemy ship, and it means I can be engaging another enemy that much sooner. :trollface:

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
3,985 posts
2,106 battles

Lol, a few months ago I made the mistake of angering RNGsus by pointing out that I'd only been detonated once in a little over 1000 battles.  That weekend my full health Nikolai proceeded to get detonated by a single Izyaslav torp.

Still only been detonated 4 times in 1288 battles to date, so can't really complain... :hiding:

Members
381 posts
5,656 battles

no ship is immune to a det. First time I played Kongo detonated from 1 torp.

On the opposite last week I detonated a full health fletcher at 15km with 1 hit from VMF 6",

Its a fact it can happen so its a mechanic that is here to stay, just the way RNG blesses or cruses you.

[AK]
Beta Testers
183 posts
21,135 battles

Detonated an almost full health Hipper last week with a Tirpitz HE shell from about 15kms away.

All I could say was wow !

Edited by Danno_

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

I was once detonated by taking a single torp up the stern of my Scharnhorst once...

Sneaky little DD snuck around our fleet and got behind us without anyone knowing. Killed me with roughly 3/4 of my health left, then went on to kill two more of our BBs before being finally hunted down by a cruiser lol

To this day, I think its my one and only detonation I've ever had, not counting the one or two in co-op. =P

[WSUND]
Members
1,494 posts
12,203 battles

I think I'm actually quite unlucky as I've been detonated 57 times in 3300+ plus battles...and I am very careful to make sure I am running the Juliet Charlie (100% reduction to detonation) flag anytime that I run India X-Ray or Juliet Whiskey flags.

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

The Germans don't consider attacks by a lone destroyer to be any threat, or they'd have a tighter defense. An analysis of the plans provided by princess Elizabeth has demonstrated a weakness in the battleship. The approach will not be easy. You are required to move within 9 kilometers, and the target area is only 2 meters wide. It's an ammunition magazine. A precise hit will start a chain reaction that should destroy the ship. Only a precise hit will set off a chain reaction.

Also that DD captain used to bullseye wamprats in his T-16 back home, and they're not much bigger than two meters.

[WOLFG]
Members
30,595 posts
9,232 battles

My favorite was a Hail Mary from my KBerg, at another KBerg 16km away, front turret only, over an island. :)

[WOLFG]
Members
30,595 posts
9,232 battles

Also that DD captain used to bullseye wamprats in his T-16 back home, and they're not much bigger than two meters.

Don't you mean T-22? :trollface:

[WOLFG]
Members
30,595 posts
9,232 battles

Don't answer the OP's question, or you'll jinx yourself, and find out how unlucky you can REALLY get lol.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles

Nobody ever complains when they detonate someone else. "Boom, free 90k damage, I'm the best"

It's only ever a problem when they're the one that gets detonated. "What, 90k damage from one hit, crap mechanic!"

Members
648 posts
3,799 battles

Nobody ever complains when they detonate someone else. "Boom, free 90k damage, I'm the best"

It's only ever a problem when they're the one that gets detonated. "What, 90k damage from one hit, crap mechanic!"

I felt a little dirty when I detonated a Minotaur when playing my Missouri. I got over it pretty quick when I realized that RNG was going to bone the guy anyways since I was going to land a bunch of citadels  and probably delete him regardless.

Members
104 posts
2,032 battles

I don't like it when the enemy gets detonated either, just feels like RNG killed them instead of me.

Really, why is this mechanic in the game?