Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
HolyWaterCow

German DD smoke is broken

5 comments in this topic

[R-SKY]
Members
64 posts
17,087 battles

It seems that during the last few seconds of the smoke being active, no new smoke is created.

In other DDs (USN, IJN), I often slowly drift out of smoke I had just put down with 3-5sec of active smoke remaining and it creates another circle/half-circle of smoke (even if I drift out just with a sec or less remaining). In the German DD, if I drift out with under ~3-5sec left I can still see my active smoke ticking down but no new smoke circle is created. Result is I'm left exposed outside of my smoke and that spells big trouble (especially in a DD that is slow to stop and reverse).

What gives? If the smoke is only active for 15sec then it shouldn't be listed as active for 20sec.

Members
323 posts
5,693 battles

Yeah, it's a bug.

This particular bug has gotten me killed multiple times, though, so spread the word.

I've seen this in Fiji and Belfast. They don't get a second puff. It's scary to stop broadside to a battleship and have to reverse into your smoke before he starts shooting at you! I found this only happens while initiating smoke at a fast speed with the British ships. That has gotten me killed a few times.

I thought this happened to me once on German destroyers but didn't replicate the issue.

Sign in to follow this