You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sink_Stuff

Santa's Christmas Convoy Campaign - 20 Games a Day for 4 Days

33 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
1,971 posts
11,492 battles

You can certainly complete the Graf Spee / Santa's Convoy campaign in less than the 10 days that they give you. You will need to do about 20 battles a night though for 4 days or the equivalent amount of games over time. If you have less skill then it will take longer and if you have more skill then it will take less time. But it certainly can be done no matter what your skill level if you do at least 20 battles a night for the next ten days. The rewards are worth it, especially if you are a future clan wars / skirmish type player when that comes out. 

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
884 posts
3,403 battles

Easiest way to do it is probably with a Missouri if you have one.

With Premium, Camo, and Flags its extremely easy to make 500,000 credits a match.

Do that 3 times and you have the 6 pins a step needs in 3 battles.

This method can also be done with other high tier Premiums such as Atago & Tirpitz, though it is not as easy. You will need a pretty good battle in those ships, where with the MO a 50k damage battle is probably enough (again, with premium, camo, & flags).

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,843 posts
7,637 battles

There are what... 9 or 10 missions? So basically 30 or so games with missouri or another credit earning premium if you just constantly repeat the 500k credits per game mission.

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles

There are what... 9 or 10 missions? So basically 30 or so games with missouri or another credit earning premium if you just constantly repeat the 500k credits per game mission.

Belfast or Scharnhorst equipped with Gamescom camo makes the 500K hurdle pretty easy to clear too.

Members
1,383 posts
4,457 battles

My calculation starting at the Graf Spee lvl 4 mission is that you need do play about 107 games to complete the mission

Assumptions:

- Through flags, premium time, premium ships and camo, you can average 3200 exp per game, so 30000 to 32000 exp over 10 games

- Through flags, premium time and premium ships, you can obtain 500k credit game at least once in 10 games

- Able to obtain 20k base exp over 20 games, so 1k exp per game average

- Able to obtain 400 hits over 10 games 

- Able to destroy 5 ships over 10 games

- Able to deal 500k damage over 10 games

Other ways to shorten it up:

- If you can pull off 500k credit games quickly, you can get complete the whole thing in 54 missions

- If you can deal loads of damage and/or hits consistently, you might be able to cut a couple games

- If you can play multiple ships well and win consistently, you can pull off more than 3.2k exp per game by taking advantage of first win bonus

With the mission running to January 18th and today being January 9, you have 10 days as WG's timing on the when a day is, is always weird, so I would plan to be done on the 17th

- If you average 11 games per day, you should be fine.  11 games = 3hours 40 minutes per day

- 1 weekend is included, so you can binge play over the weekend

Keep in mind, going the credit route means you miss out on the other rewards for completing the other tasks.

Good luck all

Edited by BossmanSlim

[BHSN]
Members
2,564 posts
4,205 battles

i just did the bare minimums and got the tirp camo last night. didn't complete all of the missions in each one either, just enough to move on to the next.

Pretty simple considering that in each one for 5 pins you just have to earn XP. 

Are you talking about completing them all completely?

Beta Testers
172 posts
6,754 battles

Any clue what's best to take for the third mission after the XP grinds? I do have a Tirpitz, Scharn and Belfast and I'm thinking of trying Tirpitz with zulu flags and Ocean Soul camo (no Gamescom sadly but I have premim). Also considering DDs in co-op for hit missions but I tend to die quickly in them in co-op. hmmmm.

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

It's a good thing i got the 7 days of premium from the Science of Victory campaign just in time for this. 

• Cool 1

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

Dumb question, but what happens if I get camo for a ship I don't own, like Tirpitz?

You can't, AFAIK. You need a Tirpitz to get that camo. 

[-DPF-]
Members
774 posts
10,658 battles

Dumb question, but what happens if I get camo for a ship I don't own, like Tirpitz?

For the Tech Tree ships, you get the ship and the camo, for Graf Spee and Tirpitz, you need the ship just to complete the missions, so you will have the ship if you get the camo (need GS to get in, and need Tirpitz for last task to earn Tirpitz camo).

Alpha Tester
884 posts
3,403 battles

You can't finish the missions for ships you dont own to get the camo's as those ships are required to complete the missions.

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

You can't finish the missions for ships you dont own to get the camo's as those ships are required to complete the missions.

Not for the tech-tree ones. But for the Tirpitz camo, you need the Tirpitz. 
Edited by Aduial

[-K-]
Beta Testers
1,804 posts
11,587 battles

Tirpitz is pretty good for the 350k credits missions

Beta Testers
1,971 posts
11,492 battles

i just did the bare minimums and got the tirp camo last night. didn't complete all of the missions in each one either, just enough to move on to the next.

Pretty simple considering that in each one for 5 pins you just have to earn XP. 

Are you talking about completing them all completely?

no, just like you I only did enough to finish the campaign quickly. As you can see from the video I did not finish all the missions, just enough to get the end game rewards.
Edited by Rounne

Beta Testers
1,971 posts
11,492 battles

Any clue what's best to take for the third mission after the XP grinds? I do have a Tirpitz, Scharn and Belfast and I'm thinking of trying Tirpitz with zulu flags and Ocean Soul camo (no Gamescom sadly but I have premim). Also considering DDs in co-op for hit missions but I tend to die quickly in them in co-op. hmmmm.

I never did the 500,000 credits in a single match mission. Instead I did the 5 kills, 500,000 damage and the XP missions, or the torp hits missions.
Edited by Rounne

Alpha Tester
884 posts
3,403 battles

Not for the tech-tree ones. But for the Tirpitz camo, you need the Tirpitz. 

Well yeah, but the reward for the tech tree ship missions is the Ship+Camo, not just the Camo like the Spee & Tirptz missions.

Guess I could have been clearer.

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
2,444 posts

There are several single pins you can complete in 1-2 missions so just grind 5 of those.  If you feel guilty you can always go back and do the other pins for funsies.

Edited by StoptheViolins

[BAKED]
Members
918 posts
12,366 battles

Minimum is just 33 games if you have Missouri or a t8 premium with premium time + camo + flags. 

30 games in your preferred ship, 2 in the Graf Spee and 1 in the Tirptiz. 10 days is plenty of time.

Possible in about 1 - 2 days of binge gaming or a mere 3 games spread over the 10 days. 

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
27,504 battles

Took me about 25-30 hours with premium account to get ALL missions done. About 15 hours just to unlock all the pins I needed to unlock all the main final missions. The advantage of premium is that you can choose 3 quests at the same time and earn more XP. It is doable for the average player within 7-8 days without being stressed. The Tirpitz or the Mussoiuri with some +credit camos and flags makes it easy.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,105 posts

Funny thing about the Santa Christmas Convoy... I've owned all the ships save the Leander. As i recently started the RN grind... I'm very please to get her. Farragut... wow, missed her, she's back in port now, decked out mechanically with a one point commander. I'll fix that come the new skill resets. 

But I've looked at he rest of the missions and for me - just me - there' s no desire to push further through the missions. Yea I know, wonderful special perm camo... well I dont have a Tirpitz. Didnt see the ability to win a Tirpitz in the missions so it does me no good. Finishing the Farragut, getting her into port, well. 

I think I'm done with the convoy missions. Anyone else feel the same? 

I'd rather spend my next four days of premium on the She No No Me missions. 

Beta Testers
1,971 posts
11,492 battles

I think I'm done with the convoy missions. Anyone else feel the same? 

I'd rather spend my next four days of premium on the She No No Me missions. 

The thing is, these ships instantly put you at tier 6 down many good lines. As well, the permanent cammo that they come with provides a 50% bonus to xp while the normal tier 6 permanent cammo only provides 30%. That makes each one of these tech tree ship rewards worth 2000 doubloons and 3 million credits (give or take). So they can save a ton of time in getting from tier 3-6 down five different lines. For me, I am now at tier 6 down the British cruiser line and tier 6 at the Japanese battleship line, two lines I have not even started to go down yet. How much time of mine is that worth? This campaign is great. And how much time is the tier 6 50% xp cammo going to save me in getting to tier 7 as well down these lines?

The other thing is clans. Clans are going to be in the game soon and it is very likely that tier 6 is going to be the first skirmish level tier. This means that this event will give a clan player tons of great options for bonus xp tier six ships to use in clan skirmishes. Remember that WOT also give 50% bonus xp for tier 6 skirmish games. So, if you use the Budyony for tier 6 clan skirmish games with this campaign cammo you will get a 100% xp reward. Add a papa papa flag on top of that and tier 6 skirmish games in these reward cammo ships could get you a decent amount of free xp for every skirmish game that you play for the clan. Many clans in WOT have clan skirmish play mandatory minimums. So if you plan on being a clan player in this game it would be smart of you to finish this campaign, especially if you have not gone down some of these lines yet. 

Edited by Rounne
  • Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,105 posts

Rounne, thanks for that response... I've been down the lines and have had the ships... at this point I'm not thinking I'll play clans. so it'll be okay for me to pass on them. I did snag the Leander and Farragut, two ships I wanted. So I'm good. And I do want the She No No Me... and figure my remaining five days of premium will accelerate me through those missions in my T8/T10 ships. 

But thanks for a good solid reason to continue. I'm sure it will benefit others as well. 

Beta Testers
1,971 posts
11,492 battles

Rounne, thanks for that response... I've been down the lines and have had the ships... at this point I'm not thinking I'll play clans. so it'll be okay for me to pass on them. I did snag the Leander and Farragut, two ships I wanted. So I'm good. And I do want the She No No Me... and figure my remaining five days of premium will accelerate me through those missions in my T8/T10 ships. 

But thanks for a good solid reason to continue. I'm sure it will benefit others as well. 

anytime man