Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Matt_II

Friedrich der Große

11 comments in this topic

[GRETA]
Members
299 posts
10,271 battles

Playing in the Der Grosse and I shot at a broadside Atlanta. 4 hits for 2700 hp...  Someone please tell me why I shouldn't sell this ship. I'm tired of the weak guns and terrible dispersion.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,689 posts
19,844 battles

Someone please tell me why I shouldn't sell this ship.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,926 posts
2,279 battles

Playing in the Der Grosse and I shot at a broadside Atlanta. 4 hits for 2700 hp...  Someone please tell me why I shouldn't sell this ship. I'm tired of the weak guns and terrible dispersion.

You do realize overpens are a thing, yes?  Atlanta is basically a DD with a citadel...

[-GPS-]
Members
2,907 posts
36,612 battles

Have you spec'd a full secondary build?  If so, try the accuracy mod instead. 

Have you tried the 420s?  They work just fine. Exact same guns as the Kurfurst, just 8 instead of 12. I'm averaging 72k damage and 1.0 kills with her (him?). 

FDG is second only to the Missouri for Tier 9 BBs in win rate and damage and tied for kills per battle. 

Respectfully, some ships fit a given player's style better than others. Fuso is my least favorite IJN BB Tier 5 and above but plenty of players excel with her. FDG and I grok but I haven't worked out how to do well with the Grosse Kurfurst yet. Sometimes it just takes a while for a ship to "click" for you, and sometimes Texas sits rusting in my port because I've given up trying to make her work despite seeing many players excel with her. 

Beta Testers
4,007 posts
14,539 battles

Because overpening a citadel is a thing , especially at short ranges.

Just close in stuff and burn them with your sec guns while focusing other ships that are not that close with your main guns , as for last solution a ram will do fine :D

Most of my games with it ware just yoloing 4-5 ships  :hmm:

I loved fred , such a great ship and it farms arsonists better then a RU dd

JFFaZJ5.png

Edited by Destroyer_WolfgangZenker

Members
1,112 posts
1,111 battles

This happens all the time. I've shot a Pensacola nearly point blank in my Tirpitz at the waterline, 7 hits all overpens. The Pensa is basically a citadel.

Members
3,010 posts
10,190 battles

This happens all the time. I've shot a Pensacola nearly point blank in my Tirpitz at the waterline, 7 hits all overpens. The Pensa is basically a citadel.

On the flip side, ask a Pensacola Captain and they will say that when they are mounting a flag "in port" they get citadeled....

As Keren said though, Overpens, even your perception of "nearly point blank" and the phrase "basically a citadel" are all things that didn't make it go "p00f".

[GRETA]
Members
299 posts
10,271 battles

Have you spec'd a full secondary build?  If so, try the accuracy mod instead. 

Have you tried the 420s?  They work just fine. Exact same guns as the Kurfurst, just 8 instead of 12. I'm averaging 72k damage and 1.0 kills with her (him?). 

FDG is second only to the Missouri for Tier 9 BBs in win rate and damage and tied for kills per battle. 

Respectfully, some ships fit a given player's style better than others. Fuso is my least favorite IJN BB Tier 5 and above but plenty of players excel with her. FDG and I grok but I haven't worked out how to do well with the Grosse Kurfurst yet. Sometimes it just takes a while for a ship to "click" for you, and sometimes Texas sits rusting in my port because I've given up trying to make her work despite seeing many players excel with her. 

I have a full secoindary build but I have the stock hull on her. I guess I was playing her like a Bis and I just need to hang a little more back, the slow turns pain me with this giant beast.

[NATO]
Beta Testers
2,202 posts
7,500 battles

All my Freddy stats are worse than Bismarck, and my win rate is 38%. Its by far my worst BB stat ship yet.

Have the second hull but not the second guns, are the 420's worth it?

Members
221 posts
5,266 battles

I have serious doubts as to this ship being viable without secondary builds.  If  you're not setting everything on fire during a match, you're dead weight.

[TULIP]
Members
952 posts
12,669 battles

I have a full secoindary build but I have the stock hull on her. I guess I was playing her like a Bis and I just need to hang a little more back, the slow turns pain me with this giant beast.

You and I both really need the B-hull.  The secondary build is silly at T9 IMO, FDG is a real BB and needs more usable upgrades.  FDG is a bully, I love it - can't wait to fully upgrade.

Sign in to follow this