You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

How was your weekend spree?

19 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
6,259 posts
10,088 battles

kCHLJYU.jpg

[sigh] After managing a Kraken in Leander on Friday, figured weekend might be at least semi-ok. MM and RNGesus were trying not to giggle as they kept dropping potatoes and newbies on my teams; even if I came in a division, inevitably I got potatoes. Very frustrating since wanted the 100% win bonus on Buddy, Hatsu, T-22, and Leander since working those 4 lines at once.

Been ages since the sheer nubbiness ticked me enough that I grumbled about it in-game. Few players can be trusted to stick to a plan. It's almost comical when players that apparently grinded to a T8 are outperformed by a T6 DD that comes only with 6km torps:

lSK1ugO.png

At least did see maybe the greatest reaction to Detonation!

peIji5r.png

[INTEL]
Members
3,265 posts
6,603 battles

Down since Friday afternoon with a stomach virus (or food poisoning). I managed to get on late Sunday evening and play a few. Played a few this morning.

Yeah, sorry, 100% WR. My karma is re-balancing.

Members
2,207 posts
5,424 battles

potatoes certainly were out in force this weekend.

but at least i got my Graf Spee. no amount of spuds were going to keep me from finishing that mission.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
3,985 posts
2,106 battles

But easily-farmed red potatoes are so delicious!:teethhappy:

Random, by definition, works both ways, and this weekend I managed to hit the jackpot for what's I'm sure is my longest winning streak to date.  And solo too!  Not trying to brag, as I was far from the top of the team in many of those games, but that kind of rarely seen luck feels great.

From an earlier thread today about weekends:

Hey, weekends can work both ways.

Somehow a fairly average player (and unapologetic "weekend warrior") like myself managed a 12 game winning streak in a single drunken late Saturday night session. :tea_cap:

Closest thing to proof I have.  Swear that was the only session I played last week, and finally called it quits after the loss at #13

dark.png

[NDA]
Supertester
3,926 posts
2,279 battles

Saturday was not great, lost two games.  At least we were in the game with HC Dallas until our goalie gave up a weak one with a few minutes left to play to put us down two goals. :/  Sunday was much better, though playing McKinney is like playing the Bad News Bears - you might win handily, but you might end up with a couple of players with concussions. :P

Oh, wait, you meant WoWs weekend?  Yeah, I can't play on hockey weekends this season since the ol' ball'n'chain comes along.  Next weekend in Chicago, yay.

... that kind of rarely seen luck feels great.

Didya run out and buy a lottery ticket? :D

Edited by kerensky914

Alpha Tester
884 posts
3,403 battles

For what little I got to play, it was bad.

I wasn't able to play Saturday as I had to work all day, and with the 6-8" or so of snow we got, I just wasn't in the mood to play when I was able to relax.

Tried to play on Sunday. Played 3 games, 3 straight losses. That is the point where I usually call it a day, but I stupidly went back and played a 4th battle, which we also lost.

2 games in the Baltimore, 1 in Missouri, and 1 in Shiratsuyu.

Missouri game probably would have went better, but one of our DD's decided to "help" and smoked me when I was in a fairly close engagement with a RU cruiser and some DD's, then hid in his own smoke. No longer spotted, as the DD and I were the only ones left on that flank, the RU cruiser correctly just rushed the smoke. I was able to gun him down, but not before he got his torpedo's off. A DD finished me off in a couple of gun salvo's after that.

Moral of the story is, don't help your BB's by smoking them if there isn't someone to spot the bad guys.

A for effort. F for execution.

[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,238 posts
8,378 battles

Mine was horrible, I was having internet issues which made WoWS too laggy to even play.  :(

[JUGGZ]
Members
256 posts
2,930 battles

Well it was interesting to say the least.  Saturday was ok, nothing spectacular happened.  Started off Sunday with a purple WTR and >50% win rate and probably should have called it there.  Last night was not quite so fun and I ended with <50% WR and barely light blue WTR.

Example 1: In this game, team agreed on A-B, except I was the only BB that decided to actually fight at the caps instead of chasing a Yorck around the map.  My request for them to stop chasing it and come help me fight those guys at B was met with silence and the game ended with a heavy points difference.

eJ0Scab.jpg?1

Example 2: Team agrees on 2 caps before the match begins.  Apparently this did not sit well with one player because a Murmansk gets mad about "all these backseat drivers telling me how to play my ship" and he promptly drives to the 3rd cap and dies in the first couple minutes of the match.  He spends the rest of the time going on in chat about how we probably never leave our moms' basements and we can go ahead and report him for being a bad teammate.  We won in spite of him, but it gets mildly annoying hearing about how toxic unicums are when this is the more ordinary experience for me these days.  Apparently wanting to have some semblance of a strategy and to win are mutually exclusive with having fun.

There are more but these pretty much typify how my Sunday went.

Edited by Deviathan

Members
1,383 posts
4,457 battles

Saturday was pretty good as I think I won about 60% of my games.

Sunday was awful as I went 0-5, cause you can't carry in a T8 cruiser while in a T10 game.

[-GPS-]
Members
2,910 posts
36,655 battles

I was on the winning team in a complete shutout in a Tier 8-10 match. Not one ship on our team sunk. 

I was top of the team twice in a row playing Fletcher with 100k+ damage in each and lost both times. Won the next one with something like 22k damage and one cap assist. 

Worst of all, I broke my all time damage record with 206k in Friedrich der Grosse while my division mate broke 100k in his Izumo and we still lost. 

Yes, it was an odd weekend. 

Members
1,797 posts
5,635 battles

I enjoyed a roughly 48 hour window of good match making on Saturday and Sunday - my high damage, Yolo heroics were rewarded, boats sank, my teams did well. 

I noticed a sea change last night. I went from good teams, pushing 70k plus damage in Budyonny, to struggling to deal out 50k. VMF cruisers are great barometers for team quality, I find.

I stopped playing at that point so that I could remember a glorious weekend where I was purple across all three classes both days.

[NERO]
Members
3,630 posts

Had a fantastic game in Yamato. Helped take the south cap, then swung up through red team's side with the entire red fleet in the north cap on the other side of an island. And then it happened... the red team cruisers started sailing south out from behind the island one ship at a time. Broadside. It was beautiful... like skeet shooting. Easiest kraken I ever got. 

[GOCRY]
Members
639 posts

I had one tier 8 game where the other team had all four caps, and I was leading the charge to get one in my tier 6 Bayern, while asking my teammates if any of them felt like fighting. The other 3 games were great!

Members
2,632 posts
10,276 battles

Completed Santa's Convoy with honors, got my Shinonome, and narrowed the gap to the Udaloi such that I can probably complete the grind to it with the week XP boosts and hopefully buy it on discount this weekend.

Stem tubers don't bother me.

Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
9,421 battles

The weekend was good and bad until Sunday when I played my Gneisnau 3X in a row.

First game - one sided loss. OK, try again.

Second game - one sided loss again. Darn (how bad can the next one be).

Third game - not quite as bad but still a loss. Garbage again.

As usual, WG MM cheats since not one battle was even close and two of them were so one sided to be complete farces.

No one deserves this BULL CRAP, no one.

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

This pretty much sums it up.

shot-17.01.08_05.50.11-0556.jpg

Potatoes are double-edged swords. They allow you to farm damage off them, but on the other hand they also make you lose games that you clearly deserved to win. 

[WOLF9]
Members
4,648 posts

Friday was decent, and I had a few good matches- even topping my team once or twice in my Yorck.  My most memorable match was in Colorado.  We were spawned south on Fault line, and 3/4 of the team yolo off to A, leaving me and 2 others to try and cover the rest of the map...   The enemy team did a similar thing, just with fewer ships, and the battle of A raged on.

Meanwhile, I found a handful of reds that actually wanted to fight -and BRAWL:izmena: over B!!!    C ended up a MADD, with everyone lost on both teams (but it ended up green)   I was locked in a brawl with a Texas and a Konigsburg that kept sniping at me, when suddenly I hear "YOU are the last Hope!!!" just as Texas goes down.   A futile snap shot at that annoying Koney- who was almost out of range- netted me a 2 citadel squish!!  I couldn't believe it- I'd tried for four other salvos to take him down, and got nada...   Then when he's almost out of reach, and I'm sailing behind that island in B- a last ditch hail mary, nets me a BOOM- "You just sank an enemy cruiser!!"   That totally called for a "Laughing like Klaus" moment.

I saw they were down to 3 BB's, but all were way over in A and out of spotting range, so I took the cap, and headed for C.  We were up by 200 points, and down to 3.5 minutes- all I had to do was stay alive!  My teammates were all in chat cheering me on, and offering helpful tips.   

Then, a Nagato and a Konig appear, heading towards me and the B cap.  I sail away, keeping my distance, and protecting my citadel.   For some reason, EVERY salvo I shot at them was on rails- I literally could NOT miss!   Reset the cap again and again, and ended up citting the Nagato through the bow, and farming a ton of damage before he blew up lol.

Konig hit me several times for minor damage, but it all adds up, and I had burned all my heals by then.  I was down to several thou, when the second Nagato- who had been hiding in spawn all game- opens up, and drops me to 2k.   45 secs and counting.   I spend the last of the game successfully dodging shots from both ships, and laughing hard as the clock expired.  Wow, what a match!  I was on the edge of my seat, and wildly excited by the end!    4 kills, well over 100k damage, and tops on the team- and I ended up winning Dreadnought too.

After the game, I sent compliments to several reds- the ones who were willing to come out and brawl.   That made it a hell of a fight!

That was the last good game I've had.

Sat ended  early, with a Arizona game on Shards, and a team who didn't even try.  They just lemminged to C, and hid behind the mountains.   Being in the USS Slow-as-Molasses, I got left behind as target practice for the enemy team, who was now running rampant all over the rest of the map.   I almost made it to C... 

All matches prior to that were similar:  Lemming trains that either went to the opposite side of the map from me, leaving me to hold the bag as the last in line and first spotted (and thus focused by everyone) - or that slaughtered the reds so fast, nobody made much of anything.   Gee- how very exciting... 

Game was shut off in disgust after that- and I have not played since.

I did earn my Leander Friday, and am close to being the owner of a Farragut, too.  (thanks to the convoy mission!)   Leander has been pretty fun, but I give it a C+ as a ship.  Too one dimensional, and ineffective vs the hordes of Scharnhorsts, Tirpitz, and Bismarks in queue right now.  I'll stick with my Nurnberg as my cruiser of choice at tier 6.   Leander is hell on wheels vs other cruisers, DD's, and even IJN BB's with their softish armor can be farmed for several thou-per salvo.  VS German BB's and their troll armor? Nope- bend over and grab your ankles...   I did win the first 8 or 9 matches in it, before finally suffering a defeat.

Atago went from being a champ to a chump this weekend.  I couldn't do a damn thing in it...