Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Matthaus2

What to Do with 160,000 Free XP?

20 comments in this topic

Members
43 posts
3,938 battles

Time flew and I almost have 160,000 XP now.

I have the Minekaze-Farragut-Kiev-Benson-Fletcher golden line up.

I have the Konigsberg-Budyonny-Myoko-Mogami golden line up as well.

Now what should I do with 160,000 free xp considering my play style?

I am kind of grinding up Edinburgh and Chapayev for fun even I don't need them.

I am an absolutely horrible BB player. I would rather uninstalling WoW's and wait for Total War: Arena if BB become total dominating in the upcoming patches.

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

Save up, and get the Missouri once you hit 750k Free XP. 

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
898 posts
14,840 battles

for DD you dont need jumps.

For cruisers save XP for faster jump over Dm. Donskoi, Baltimore, Yorck maybe.

Or as mentionend. Enjoy game without spending free XP and once maybe you will save 750k free XP to unlock Missouri.

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,679 posts
35,893 battles

No need to spend it. Keep it in the bank and keep building the balance. You can save 750k for the Missouri. or you can use it to upgrade ships. It is meant for upgrades so you do not have to play stock. Do not use it to skip ships. Not a good idea.

Once I got the Missouri, I kept increasing the balance. I am now up to 204k and increasing every day (Papa Papa flags!). Not only will I use it for upgrading my next ship, I can guarantee you there will be interesting Premiums in the future purchasable with Free XP.

Edited by alexf24

[WOLFB]
Members
3,158 posts
7,391 battles

No need to spend it. Keep it in the bank and keep building the balance. You can save 750k for the Missouri. or you can use it to upgrade ships. It is meant for upgrades so you do not have to play stock. Do not use it to skip ships. Not a good idea.

Once I got the Missouri, I kept increasing the balance. I am now up to 204k and increasing every day (Papa Papa flags!). Not only will I use it for upgrading my next ship, I can guarantee you there will be interesting Premiums in the future purchasable with Free XP.

I couldn't have said it better :medal:

[5D5]
Members
1,664 posts
9,862 battles

Umm, OP said he hates BBs.. He probably doesn't want the Missouri...

I would keep on the RU CA line.  Chappy is a good all-round DD hunter, and Moskva just creates havoc.

Just got the Edinburgh myself, so have to get a few games in to comment..

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

Umm, OP said he hates BBs.. He probably doesn't want the Missouri...

That's kinda true. But Missouri is a special case, as it has RADAR (because BalanceTM) and prints credits. 

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
14,398 battles

if you use teh free XP to go past the DM donskoi, you should be banned from the game.... LOL

No seriously, never use it to SKIP a ship... ever.... use it to upgrade a hull or gun module when you first get a new ship....

Or grind away... sometimes that is better.. get used to a crap stock ship and fully upgraded you will be very happy, and a bit better for it....

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
14,398 battles

and this too.....:great:

[VFW]
Members
1,458 posts
30,362 battles

Grind through the ships, you'll learn more that way.   Use the Free XP to get ship upgrades, not skip ships.   Each ship, even the tuff ones to play, really do teach you how to play that particular line.

Just my way and opinion.

With Respect

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
14,398 battles

Save it for stock BBs. You'll burn through it quickly.

what if he doesn't.... umm...... play BBs....:hmm:

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,054 posts
8,260 battles

Just like what Aduial says, save up for the Missouri. :great:

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
14,398 battles

Just like what Aduial says, save up for the Missouri. :great:

three people did not notice the OP HATES BBs, therefore will most likely not ever play them.... so what can he do for cruisers/DDs, is the thread query....

just sayin

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

three people did not notice the OP HATES BBs, therefore will most likely not ever play them.... so what can he do for cruisers/DDs, is the thread query....

just sayin

This is what i said in one of my posts above. 

"That's kinda true. But Missouri is a special case, as it has RADAR (because BalanceTM) and prints credits.  "

So even if you hate battleships, there is some merit in getting the Missouri. 

Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
9,421 battles

I have used free XP to go past some tiers (lower tiers).

It is not necessary, contrary to what some say, to grind through every tier on a line if you don't want to.

OP, the Minekaze is not the be all & end all of the Jpn line, btw.

If you don't like playing BBs don't listen to the Dimwits who can't read what you post.

160 K free XP goes fast at the higher tiers so carefully consider what your next ship should be.

Sounds like you will enjoy a C or a DD. Your choice. Go with your intuition/research on that.

Edited by aethervox

Beta Testers
876 posts

Don't use XP on skipping ships?  Good point, but makes me laugh and think of what I feel is opposite need in WOT, because there are a few tank grinds I couldn't wait to skip!  I'd steel my mother's xp to skip a few there.  But this game tends to punish you for that, even if it's just lost experience itself.  

[_S_B_]
Members
477 posts
19,030 battles

Time flew and I almost have 160,000 XP now.

I have the Minekaze-Farragut-Kiev-Benson-Fletcher golden line up.

I have the Konigsberg-Budyonny-Myoko-Mogami golden line up as well.

Now what should I do with 160,000 free xp considering my play style?

I am kind of grinding up Edinburgh and Chapayev for fun even I don't need them.

I am an absolutely horrible BB player. I would rather uninstalling WoW's and wait for Total War: Arena if BB become total dominating in the upcoming patches.

WOW! Somebody that actually prefers cruisers over battleships. JMHO but to me BBs are easier to play in Tier 5 thru 7 where cruisers have a tendency to get citadeled and detonated rather easily at times especially with poor matchmaking. Don't get me wrong as I enjoy cruisers too as I find them more challenging to deal out damage and try to survive at the same time. But getting a victory is what I really like when its all said and done. I've got 225K free XP and I'm content with accumulating it for now. It will come in handy someday.  Best of luck with your decision.

Edited by dust340man

Sign in to follow this