You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Silver_not_grey

Holiday Gift - Solo Warrior

7 comments in this topic

Members
159 posts
8,829 battles

After 3,000 plus games, I finally won a Solo Warrior achievement.  I had always assumed this was a bit beyond my skill level; fortunately for me, my team gave it to me as a holiday gift.  We were way ahead on points, there were 5 of us and 4 enemy ships, and there was less than 1 minute left in the game. Fifty seconds later, I was the only one left alive against the 4 remaining enemy ships.  I ran for my life, the clock ticked down, and ho-ho-ho Santa delivered to me a Solo Warrior achievement.  Thank you team, thank you enemy team, and thank you WG!

• Cool 1

Members
5,417 posts
3,213 battles

Nice, cherish it. In my 12,000 games of WoT, I've only gotten 1 Kolobanov's medal, which in the WoT equivalent of a Solo Warrior. I'm still waiting for an opportunity to arise to get mine.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,232 posts
21,634 battles

I think I'd be let down..

Mine was in Kamikaze R in Sept or Oct.

Tier 5 match, standard battle.

I fought my way to cap, 2 kills. Started capping as 3 friendlies die. Leaving me 1 vs 7.

Devastating strike, and gun kill in cap...almost killed my 5th enemy,, but capped for win as guy was burning at 500 meters away.....

It's on WOWS replays website.

BTW, congrates...it's a hard medal to get.

Members
159 posts
8,829 battles

I think I'd be let down..

Mine was in Kamikaze R in Sept or Oct.

Tier 5 match, standard battle.

I fought my way to cap, 2 kills. Started capping as 3 friendlies die. Leaving me 1 vs 7.

Devastating strike, and gun kill in cap...almost killed my 5th enemy,, but capped for win as guy was burning at 500 meters away.....

It's on WOWS replays website.

BTW, congrates...it's a hard medal to get.

I always thought it would be a little more epic, rather than my team collapsing during the last minute of the game... but I'm quite grateful to have it.  I wonder how many other people have won it this way?

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

I always thought it would be a little more epic, rather than my team collapsing during the last minute of the game... but I'm quite grateful to have it.  I wonder how many other people have won it this way?

Mine was basically that. Had all three caps, rest of my team died, I was in a Minekaze. Was trying to skirt an island to hide, got spotted at the last second by a Warspite. Didn't have Last Stand yet (back before it was a 2 point skill, this was), got shot by said Warspite, took me down to 120 some HP, knocked out my engine and rudder. No smoke. Thankfully I was already turning to go around the island and drifted around to beach out of sight. We then won on points.
  • Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
3,728 posts
23,526 battles

Most of them are wins on points where the opposition end up out of position having ignored the cap/s to go for the kill.

It would be very rare indeed to have killed the remaining enemy ships to claim the reward.

Anyway congrats to op you got it !

• Cool 1