Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Changpo

An idea for balance USN and IJN CVs

5 comments in this topic

[RAM]
Members
34 posts
3,527 battles

Hello Developers

I tried both USN and IJN, and I found the main balance issue of USN CV is the TB squadron.

1TB is too few, but 2TBs are too many.

For now, we consider DB squadron as a nerfed TB squadron.

Replacing a TB with DB means a BIG nerf of CV.

So the issue becomes the balance between TB and DB.

I suggest to give DB more planes per squadron, 5 planes per squadron of IJN and 7 or 8 planes for USN CV.

Just like the Saipan, same squadrons for both deck, but more planes for DB squadron.

More planes means better survivability and more rear gunner.

DBs will be suitable to execute more dangerous mission, but more risk to run out the ranger, too.

This could help DBs become more different from TBs, not only a nerfed TB.

Members
131 posts
1,343 battles

Hello Developers

I tried both USN and IJN, and I found the main balance issue of USN CV is the TB squadron.
1TB is too few, but 2TBs are too many.

For now, we consider DB squadron as a nerfed TB squadron.
Replacing a TB with DB means a BIG nerf of CV.
So the issue becomes the balance between TB and DB.

I suggest to give DB more planes per squadron, 5 planes per squadron of IJN and 7 or 8 planes for USN CV.
Just like the Saipan, same squadrons for both deck, but more planes for DB squadron.

More planes means better survivability and more rear gunner.
DBs will be suitable to execute more dangerous mission, but more risk to run out the ranger, too.

This could help DBs become more different from TBs, not only a nerfed TB.

only if the devs listened 

[POP]
Members
1,294 posts
10,144 battles

Someone else floated an idea that seemed excellent. Give the dive bombers the ability to score citadel hits on ships. That would make them a lot more fun to play. 

Members
331 posts
4,398 battles

Someone else floated an idea that seemed excellent. Give the dive bombers the ability to score citadel hits on ships. That would make them a lot more fun to play. 

How about no...that would make CVs incredibly overpowered. Having to worry about detonations is bad enough, but now having to worry about losing a significant chunk of your HP, forget it. USN DBs are already powerful enough with their 1000 kg bombs. Enough of those and you already lose a good portion of your HP. Add in citadels, that would completely break it

[HSSW2]
Alpha Tester
1,099 posts
907 battles

How about no...that would make CVs incredibly overpowered. Having to worry about detonations is bad enough, but now having to worry about losing a significant chunk of your HP, forget it. USN DBs are already powerful enough with their 1000 kg bombs. Enough of those and you already lose a good portion of your HP. Add in citadels, that would completely break it

Yes, mainly because DBs actually dropped Armor-piercing bombs during WWII when they were going after warships. Although a way to counter act this is that some planes also had contact bombs during raids, mainly to spread-out the damage and give the DC teams a lot of work in multiple areas. If we use the eight plane idea, let's say that two planes in either flight of four DBs will carry an AP bomb. This will make the game a bit more realistic. Because, what exactly sank USS Arizona? An armor-piercing bomb hit. 

Sign in to follow this