Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MJPIA

As someone who played the Cleveland a lot before the nerfs I wish I had picked up Kutuzov sooner

11 comments in this topic

Members
556 posts
8,405 battles

Weeeeeee!

dO14o10.png?1

06pnQvn.png?1

tCPw1xU.png?1

47HLnCV.png?1

Did someone want a barbeque?

GbWKBPy.png?1

This ship is amazing.

Its like what the Cleveland wants to be, just with shells that don't take half an hour to reach the target and torps.

Just stay mid-ranged and annoy enemies.

Even without smoke you can still dodge as long as you aren't close.

I think I've found my new favorite ship.

Beta Testers
347 posts
6,269 battles

Nice! Grats

How do you do this though?

Every game I've had in it 70-80% of my HE shells break on BB's, I've had multiple games with 200+ hits, 3 fires, and 170+ broken shells.

(Obviously I need to shoot more, but I'm not sure the stats wiill change that much)

[HINON]
Members
3,269 posts
27,722 battles

Outstanding! Kutuzov is a double edged sword at times. Some players myself included get too confy in the smoke in a radar heavy environment. Last night I demoralized two Yammys I got Witherer and Arsonist but then Mighty Mo came within radar range, popped it and there I was with my pants and draws down. Salvo from Mo and lights out for me, huge damage. 

Members
556 posts
8,405 battles

Nice! Grats

How do you do this though?

Every game I've had in it 70-80% of my HE shells break on BB's, I've had multiple games with 200+ hits, 3 fires, and 170+ broken shells.

(Obviously I need to shoot more, but I'm not sure the stats wiill change that much)

Well I have DE which helps I guess but all the same its still a lot of hits with not many fires.

Don't zone in one one ship, you'll rarely ever only have one ship spotted, alternate firing at multiple targets, get as many burning as you can and when someone pops repair then focus on them until they burn some more and repeat until the worlds aflame.

You'll also deal a large amount of damage to full health cruisers for a couple salvos before damage tapers off as well as very frequently knocking out torpedo tubes which is beneficial to the team.

Just keep a open eye on the battle and if you see someone looking for a light help them out.

I'm sure the captain will love you.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles

Just be mindful though that certain ships are the immediate priority of the enemy.  Kutuzov, Belfast, and virtually every radar cruiser become high target priorities.

If I'm in a BB, I'll keep a close eye on those cruisers in smoke and try to have my guns trained on them as soon as it dissipates.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,285 posts
24,703 battles

Kutuzov is a reminder of how most 155mm or lower CLs used to be before the BFT/AFT Nerf.  Long range, good at range.  In those days, 155mm Mogami and Cleveland were the best CL types.  Even back then, Omaha had more respectable range and didn't need to sacrifice guns to have acceptable range like what happens now with Hull-C.  Konigsberg was WONDERFUL back in the Pre-BFT/AFT Nerf as it gave her very long range to offset her poor protection.  Range was K-/N-Berg's "armor."

Cleveland used to reach around 17km.  Mogami?  I never had her in those days but 155mm was the big draw for her.  K-/N-Berg used to reach 19.1km.

All that CL gun performance got nerfed with the BFT/AFT Nerf.  Mikhail Kutuzov was the special exception.  Her shell performance reflected the rest of those 150-155mm gun performance that the other CLs used to have before their nerf.  Kutuzov has the built in range and characteristics that the rest of those Cruisers had to trait up for.  Now the other CLs don't even have that, but Kutuzov does.

So enjoy it.  If you wanted to experience how Pre-AFT/BFT Nerf CLs used to be, Mikhail Kutuzov is the Dinosaur that embodies it to a Perfect-T.  She is what Cleveland, 155-Mogami used to be.

[CUTE]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,046 posts
11,364 battles

lets see what they do with the cleveland when the split the USN cruiser line to CA/CL and place her back at t8.

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,187 battles

Am I the only one that would trade her smokes for Radar?

Members
331 posts
4,412 battles

Nice, I often forget that the Kutuzov has 152mm rifles and that often leads me to do something stupid the ends up with me swimming with the fishes

Sign in to follow this