Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Avrova1904

Brainless DD players

39 comments in this topic

Members
342 posts
6,004 battles

I am playing low tier destroyers and I got killed 4 times by my own team DD players. How to prevent to get killed by your own team-mates?

[HINON]
Members
3,266 posts
27,609 battles

Low tier matches get really intense and messy, a lot of fighting is done close quarters and often players compete with team mates for kills resulting in regular TKs. It may seem like a bad idea but I try not wolf pack with other DDs. 

Edited by giovybez
  • Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
14,377 battles

stop playing low tier DDs.... thats the best answer I can come up with....

OR just play the Umikazi.... it is very maneuverable.... hard to hit, even by potato team mates..

[--K--]
Members
5,391 posts
17,897 battles

Don't Play near Allied destroyers. I don't like playing in front of even high tier cruisers as they have a habit of dropping torps behind me. 

I kills me the number of destroyers or cruisers who splash torps in the enemies direction with no regard to their torp range or the blood fact I'm between them and their target. :angry:

• Cool 3

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,484 battles

It's not just low tiers. I have had a battle where a "friendly"- and I know quotations aren't for emphasis, but I was to stress the supposed friendly nature of a fletcher who didn't chat, followed me and tried to torp me from behind 3 times before going AFK. Emphasis on the 3 attempts, because not one torpedo hit me, but in dodging the third salvo, I ended up broadside to an Iowa and my MO disappeared somehow

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
176 posts
12,628 battles

You are appropriately named.

Hardly.  They can't kill you if they're dead. #Logiked

For a serious answer though, don't travel in packs with the rest of your destroyers.  At the lower tiers, most (not all) players in DD's are new and feel like they *have* to use their torpedoes.  So they spam the heck out of them not realizing they're about 10km away from the nearest target.  What I do?

• Use my guns and look for opportunities to use my torpedoes.  This ensures I'm not the one in front and my allies aren't torpedoing behind me.
  • Use islands for ambushes.  When was the last time anyone was behind/next to an island and had a friendly torpedo them?  I can't remember.
  • Don't chase ships that are running away to try and torpedo them.  Seriously.  1) You're not going to hit and 2) The guy behind you trying to hit with his torpedoes probably has the range to hit you, but not his intended target. 

The above helps mitigate friendly fire damage incidents.  Use your situational awareness, keep tabs on your fellow DD's, and you'll be fine.

• Cool 2

[SYN]
Members
3,736 posts
23,569 battles

One eye on the opposition and one eye on your team mates...

Members
150 posts
3,097 battles

oh, i thought this thread was about me til i read "torp your teammates" and i think the last time i did that was ....ummmm.... maybe when i had less than 300 games on fresh public beta and the guy changed direction INTO my salvo....whoop, never did that again.

[FKTOL]
Members
277 posts

I am playing low tier destroyers and I got killed 4 times by my own team DD players. How to prevent to get killed by your own team-mates?

Play a different game, it's the only prevention for low-tier idiocy.

[B808]
Members
1,326 posts
7,773 battles

Play a different game, it's the only prevention for low-tier idiocy.

like others have said , it happens at higher tiers, also the idiocy never goes away

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,069 posts

quick and real easy... pull a big loop and get behind them. 

after they drop torps you got at least what, 25 seconds to drop yours, pull a big loop (do a barrel roll) and repeat. 

[FKTOL]
Members
277 posts

like others have said , it happens at higher tiers, also the idiocy never goes away

It happens massively more often at lower tiers, where many captains have no idea what they're doing. And I would argue that the ratio of idiots to non-idiots goes down as tier goes up.

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

Run away and sit in the corner. Everyone in high tiers knows it :trollface:

Members
17 posts
9,493 battles

Normally I hate it, but today I had a very close battle between my Amagi and an enemy Bismarck.  One of his buddies fired at me but hit him and hit him hard.  One volley and I sank him pretty easily.  It doesn't get any better than that :B

[SYN]
Members
3,736 posts
23,569 battles

Never get between an hunter and his prey and if you are going to borrow someone else's smoke don't block their torp angles

• Cool 1

Members
512 posts
7,657 battles

I recently put on the pink for my second time by torpedoes.  I was in the enemies cap.  There was an enemy BB close by when I entered and he was making it hard to survive.  Fortunately a friendly BB had followed me as I battled my way there.  With the enemy BB inside the cap and the friendly BB outside the cap I felt safe letting two torps go.  I think what I didn't notice was the friendly BB intended a ram and the enemy BB wanted to avoid it.  So after my torps are on their way the enemy BB grinds to a halt and the friendly charges headlong into the cap, much to my horror. 

The enemy BB congratulated me on my pink, and might as well have congratulated me for throwing the game.  The player who eventually sunk me had a disconnect at this time, but the BB I had inadvertently saved was able to buy enough time for the series of events that lead to my demise.  In fact except for this player coming back when he did we still would have won.

So I still felt the pink long after it wore off.

[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
3,793 posts
5,911 battles

stop playing low tier DDs.... thats the best answer I can come up with....

OR just play the Umikatzi.... it is very maneuverable.... hard to hit, even by potato team mates..

Same for all low tier DD.

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

All I know is it never gets better. I had a friendly Kagero torp my Gneisenau from point blank range, accidentally. 

Sign in to follow this