Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Landing_Skipper

Tier 8 - Kutuzov // Atago // Edinburgh // Chapayev?

12 comments in this topic

[-GPS-]
Members
2,907 posts
36,633 battles

TL: DR

Any reason to have Chapayev if Kutuzov, Atago & Edinburgh already in fleet?

Just unlocked the Chapayev.  I'm surprised to find that the Shchors seems a bit easier to play.  Much like Fiji vs. Edinburgh.  With Tier 7 Matchmaking, the T7 light cruisers have a better chance of success.

I also have Kutuzov and Atago.  Kutuzov works well for me.  Atago not so much, but I'm improving and she's one heck of a heavy cruiser.  Edinburgh is a struggle.  And I don't intend to go above Tier 8 in cruisers for a while.  Yamato calls among other things.  (At least I don't have to worry about missing German DD line.)

Chappy captain (from Shchors) has 14 points now.  I'll wait until Concealment Expert is a 4-point skill, but WG may do away with stealth fire by then anyway...

Thoughts, advice & suggestions all appreciated.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,700 posts
19,874 battles

Any reason to have Chapayev if Kutuzov, Atago & Edinburgh already in fleet?

To get Donskoi.

• Cool 4

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
14,377 battles

To get Donskoi.

and then..........man oh MAN!!!!

But seriously... I have the chappy... and I went for full concealment build... module  capt skill... and with camo this thing is like a mini Zao... Stealth fire from 17.3 down to 15KM unseen... the radar is great... it is a little sluggish... but it is a fantastic DD hunter/killer... and the AP Stalinium shells wreck just about everything not angled... including BBs... but dont get that close to them....

0VZgvwr.jpg

LEARN its sluggishness..... that skill will come in HANDY for the next two.... that Moskva.... is a sluggish one.... but a BEAST!!!!

Edited by pmgaudio

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,677 posts
35,855 battles

I kept Chapayev. Once you get a captain with CE it can invisifire easily. Very nice and powerful ship. A keeper for me. I am currently ant Donskoi, another nice ship.

For the record, I also have Kutuzov, Atago & Edinburgh in the fleet. I like all of them.

• Cool 1

[-GPS-]
Members
2,907 posts
36,633 battles

OK - good answers all.

I'll wait until the patch with skill resets to move captains around,  Concealment Expert would make a BIG difference for this ship.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,165 posts
5,822 battles

To get Donskoi.

I was going to ask you this:  How does the Donskoi compare to the Moskva?  I've been playing the Kutuzov and I love her style of troll fire :).

Should I just stop at the Donskoi or move to the Moskva when I get the chance since the latter is effectively a battleship in all but armor...and no torps.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

I just unlocked chappy as well, but may grind to moskva eventually (by end of next year perhaps)   with more potatoes in the game, I can do ok with  russian cruisers now.  :D    slowly getting better at edinburgh.    have roon unlocked

[5D]
Members
63 posts
12,943 battles

Moskva is really worth the grind in my opinion.... It's a beast

I play mostly cruisers and have chap.. Kut... Edinburgh are all worth keeping and I still have them all..... specially for clan battles rank ect... Neptune is pretty sweet too

[R-R-R]
Members
1,069 posts
10,853 battles

I was going to ask you this:  How does the Donskoi compare to the Moskva?  I've been playing the Kutuzov and I love her style of troll fire :).

Should I just stop at the Donskoi or move to the Moskva when I get the chance since the latter is effectively a battleship in all but armor...and no torps.

Donskoi is not a very strong ship. Tier for tier, chapayev is much stronger. The low concealment really helps chapayev to make best use of its radar.

Donskoi got 180mm guns. But its HE effectiveness does not feel improved compare to 152mm guns. The AP does feel better against broadside targets but it is pretty situational. For this, it has lower RoF. And the ship sacrifices so much concealment for a minor gun improvement.

Moskva is a much stronger ship. You should never stop at Donskoi. The 220mm guns on Moskva are the best cruiser guns in the game. Both its HE and AP hit like trucks. It is also extremely tanky when angled. 

Sign in to follow this