You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
goldeagle1123

Is there any reason to play the Marblehead?

73 comments in this topic

Members
5,417 posts
3,213 battles

I got both Marblehead and Murmansk from the santa crates, and I was wondering, it there any reason whatsoever to play Marblehead of Murmansk? Murmansk gets torps that are way faster, deal over twice the damage, and she has a main battery range 2km larger than Marblehead's. Marblehead seems absolutely pointless to me.

[HINON]
Beta Testers
3,931 posts
7,293 battles

Not anymore. Which is sad, because I really enjoyed Marblehead before the new MM screwed her over.

• Cool 5

[KMS2]
Members
10,919 posts
3,695 battles

Nope, I'd argue that Murmansk is superior to Omaha, and Omaha superior to Marblehead. You're spotted before you can even shoot.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
5,697 battles

I got both Marblehead and Murmansk from the santa crates, and I was wondering, it there any reason whatsoever to play Marblehead of Murmansk? Murmansk gets torps that are way faster, deal over twice the damage, and she has a main battery range 2km larger than Marblehead's. Marblehead seems absolutely pointless to me.

Unless you don't have a cruiser trainer for the USN, NOPE! She was the worst victim of the BFT/AFT nerf. Really should give her about 14km range.
  • Cool 4

[-K-]
SuperTest Coordinator, WoWS Community Contributors
5,963 posts
22,100 battles

marblehead best head

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
572 posts
11,441 battles

The Murmansk can't train USN captains.  Or you enjoy a challenge.

Members
747 posts

Got one in a santa box too. Free 10 point captain and a port decoration. More excited about the captain.          

Loved to play my Murmie before the t5 MM issue.

Edited by Billy_Sastard

[SYN]
[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
5,697 battles

Make Marblehead Great Again! :izmena:

Signed! :izmena:
  • Cool 3

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles

Not anymore. Which is sad, because I really enjoyed Marblehead before the new MM screwed her over.

Yep.  Before the MM nerf, I would have said absolutely now though, no way in hell.  I won't play the Murmansk either because of this.  In fact I can only think of maybe 2-3 Tier 5 ships that remain competitive anymore.  Most just struggle.

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts

I hate the Omaha class with a passion. I have won the Marblehaed 3X over the holidays and sold it 3x. I can't get rid of it fast enough. The Murmansk is ok but I prefer the other Russian regular and Premium ships. Get the Molotov if you can.

Beta Testers
898 posts
14,840 battles

Play Marbelhead to learn how to play if you are sure better ships are in field. It ll teach you dont yolo, looking on minimap. Its perfect for US crusers tech tree  :P

• Cool 2

Members
5,417 posts
3,213 battles

Unless you don't have a cruiser trainer for the USN, NOPE! She was the worst victim of the BFT/AFT nerf. Really should give her about 14km range.

Oh but don't worry, MK got it's range extended to compensate for the loss of BFT/AFT. Because it REALLY needed it.

Members
3,679 posts
8,111 battles

Well...you got free marbleheads from visiting USS Iowa in San Fransisco...a very awesome museum ship at a very reasonable price...

Edited by The_first_harbinger

[SYN]
Members
8,256 posts
14,111 battles

I know that statistically, the Murmansk is "better", but I prefer the Marblehead (and have had better luck in her), also I like the Marblehead's fighter vs Murmansk's spotter. But both of them are in a rough spot right now, don't take either out very often anymore. And as others have said, one trains USN captains the other VMF.

Alpha Tester
1,730 posts
1,193 battles

Captain training I guess, unless you have a higher tier USN premium. Only reason I ever play mine. Compared to the stalinum Krupp value shells that Russian premiums get such as the Murmansk and Nikoli there is no real reason to play the Marblehead over the Murmansk.

Members
648 posts
3,799 battles

Captain training. That's about it.

There are other USN premiums you can use for training. There's the Indianapolis and Atlanta to name a couple.

Edited by jabberwalkie09

[SIM]
Members
5,366 posts
8,871 battles

It's good to play if you're the type that needs to experience pain to truly feel alive. Otherwise, I like to imagine that all of my reserve captains live on my Marblehead.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,119 posts
14,728 battles

Captain training. That's about it.

Captain training and easy credits.

Members
5,417 posts
3,213 battles

Well...you got free marbleheads from visiting USS Iowa in San Fransisco...a very awesome museum ship at a very reasonable price...

I didn't get anything from going to the Pacific War Museum, or the USS Intrepid... :sceptic:

Members
3,679 posts
8,111 battles

I didn't get anything from going to the Pacific War Museum, or the USS Intrepid... :sceptic:

Because Iowa needs a bit of fund(her deck, turrets and engine space are in bad shape), so they collaborated with WG...

Perhaps you can try again when Intrepid collaborates with WG as well...