Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kizarvexis

Umikaze & Wakatake and gunfire

5 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
20,021 posts
12,740 battles

What are the IJN sailors doing with the guns on the Umikaze and Wakatake? Are they soo slow to traverse because they are physically picking up the guns to turn them? I would be WASD after dropping torps and the guns are all facing the other way and take forever to traverse back. Is Expert Marksman a requirement to unstick the guns from the deck? What are ways you can kite from superior numbers after putting fish in the water, so that you can at least shoot while you run?

Members
3,679 posts
8,111 battles

XD historically those guns are not power assisted by either electricity nor hydraulic... the crew have to manually turn the gun with unpowered transmission, and too think about it, 120mm is not a small gun if you have to turn them by hand...

This is all for the sake of balance, you are not supposed to be able to win a gun fight against a US destroyer of the same tier, as a national favor your primary armament should be your quick loading, hard-hitting torps instead.4

edit: 404 grammer not found

Edited by The_first_harbinger

[SYN]
Members
15,875 posts
12,803 battles

The 120mm/45 guns on those ships have its origins in QF 4.7in mark I and are 100% manually operated.

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
21,083 battles

You don't.  The IJN was historically very bad at making turrets turn and "muh national flavor" means you're going to get it here.

Edited by TenguBlade

[BMBF]
Members
208 posts
16,007 battles

Turret traverse? ?

We have guns?????

Actually I use them quite a lot in later tiers.

For now, order your crew to use pistols when not loading torpedoes

Sign in to follow this