Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Peregrinas

Some potatoes are just so precious

73 comments in this topic

[SCCC]
Members
3,177 posts
12,835 battles

I'm in my Gaede, steaming at full speed towards the last known position of the enemy Akatsuki in the late-game, who went dark about 30 seconds ago around 8km away from me. Suddenly, I get the torpedo alarm off on my starboard side. In a split second, I locate the torpedoes and process the information of all enemies and their whereabouts. Two problems: first, no torpedo-capable enemy ship could have fired them at me from this kind of position, and second, the torpedoes were 'friendly'!

A 'friendly' Gnevny some 2km behind me decided that he would try to torpedo the last known position of this enemy Akatsuki, even though his torpedoes aren't even close to having enough range. Due to the positioning, if I kept going straight or attempted to turn away from them, my path would've intersected them directly without cutting my engine (which I didn't want to do so I can keep chasing the Akatsuki). I begin turning into the torpedoes which would've avoided any intersection.

At this point, the Gnevny launches his second set of three torpedoes off on my starboard side, still some 2km away from me, and I am showing a nice lovely broadside to them. I quickly cut my engine and jam my rudder hard to port, and I only barely evade his torpedoes. I was at 7k health and I could not afford to take a single 'friendly' torp hit.

I scold him a bit for launching torpedoes when 1) I was directly in his line of sight and 2) his torpedoes don't even have enough range. He proceeds to call me 'precious' and asks me if I've ever hit a friendly, to which I replied with 'no' and he then said 'give it time, it will happen.' He refused to take any responsibility for his error and said something along the lines that at least I saw them and evaded them.

The game ends and we won. He placed bottom of the board with 199 xp, with the next person on our team at 648 xp. Even more, the person at the bottom of the board on the enemy team got 299 xp. <insert Jackie Chan "What?!">

I just don't understand what's going on in the thought processes of some people. They see a friendly ship in front of them, yet they still launch torpedoes without any care that they are on a direct collision course.

Edit: I looked him up to see if he was just a fresh new player who somehow got up to tier 5 too quickly for his own good. Nope. In fact, he owns a Shimakaze.... View at your own risk.

N7bHW7P.png

Edited by Peregrinas
  • Cool 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
5,705 battles

I'm in my Gaede, steaming at full speed towards the last known position of the enemy Akatsuki in the late-game, who went dark about 30 seconds ago around 8km away from me. Suddenly, I get the torpedo alarm off on my starboard side. In a split second, I locate the torpedoes and process the information of all enemies and their whereabouts. Two problems: first, no torpedo-capable enemy ship could have fired them at me from this kind of position, and second, the torpedoes were 'friendly'!

A 'friendly' Gnevny some 2km behind me decided that he would try to torpedo the last known position of this enemy Akatsuki, even though his torpedoes aren't even close to having enough range. Due to the positioning, if I kept going straight or attempted to turn away from them, my path would've intersected them directly without cutting my engine (which I didn't want to do so I can keep chasing the Akatsuki). I begin turning into the torpedoes which would've avoided any intersection.

At this point, the Gnevny launches his second set of three torpedoes off on my starboard side, still some 2km away from me, and I am showing a nice lovely broadside to them. I quickly cut my engine and jam my rudder hard to port, and I only barely evade his torpedoes. I was at 7k health and I could not afford to take a single 'friendly' torp hit.

I scold him a bit for launching torpedoes when 1) I was directly in his line of sight and 2) his torpedoes don't even have enough range. He proceeds to call me 'precious' and asks me if I've ever hit a friendly, to which I replied with 'no' and he then said 'give it time, it will happen.' He refused to take any responsibility for his error and said something along the lines that at least I saw them and evaded them.

The game ends and we won. He placed bottom of the board with 199 xp, with the next person on our team at 648 xp. Even more, the person at the bottom of the board on the enemy team got 299 xp. <insert Jackie Chan "What?!">

I just don't understand what's going on in the thought processes of some people. They see a friendly ship in front of them, yet they still launch torpedoes without any care that they are on a direct collision course.

Because:

Zl5n2ag.gif

• Cool 10

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,717 posts
19,921 battles

Dq65yJm.png

Because Dunning Kruger.

• Cool 4

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,165 posts
5,833 battles

People are sometimes stupid.  The worst stupid people are the ones who aren't aware of it.

• Cool 2

Members
1,819 posts

The less skilled players are more desperate for experience.

The real question is why wasnt he firing his guns instead. He's a Gnevny, he should be bouncing around setting fire to everything.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
30,523 posts
5,705 battles

Ya know, I had a match today, guy was in a DD and he accidentally hit a teammate, but he instantly apologized for it and owned up to his own stupidity.  Then the guy went on to get Kraken.  But what was said by the guy who was hit was classic. He said "hey you owned up to it. No worries."

[SYN]
[SYN]
30,523 posts
5,705 battles

Can you boil them, mash them, and stick them in a stew? :D

YESSIR! :B

[SCCC]
Members
3,177 posts
12,835 battles

Ya know, I had a match today, guy was in a DD and he accidentally hit a teammate, but he instantly apologized for it and owned up to his own stupidity.  Then the guy went on to get Kraken.  But what was said by the guy who was hit was classic. He said "hey you owned up to it. No worries."

If only everyone could be like that DD and recognize that they are the one and only person with the responsibility and control over their own torpedoes. But it sets me off just a little bit whenever someone does torpedo me or barely misses me and does not learn from their mistake and instead somehow tries to either blame me for being in their way or simply ignoring the incident altogether.
  • Cool 5

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
14,408 battles

please send me his player name in a PM so I can add him to my........"list"

thanks

[SIM]
Members
5,423 posts
8,911 battles

Good grief. I turn off my secondaries if a teammate gets in the way, let alone launching torps at a friendly. There's literally no valid excuse for that guy's behavior.

[SYN]
[SYN]
30,523 posts
5,705 battles

If only everyone could be like that DD and recognize that they are the one and only person with the responsibility and control over their own torpedoes. But it sets me off just a little bit whenever someone does torpedo me or barely misses me and does not learn from their mistake and instead somehow tries to either blame me for being in their way or simply ignoring the incident altogether.

Amen. Though the funniest TK I did and I felt like such a d***.  I was sailing along in my Scharnhorst I think, and I ran into a friendly, who only had 5hp left. He ofcourse exploded before I could turn away from him. Eventhough it was a combination of both our faults, I took the blame. Cause I really did just feel like such a jerk. Wish more people would just own up to it. Most people get, sometimes **** happens.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

I was in udaloi yesterday, and I had akatsuki   behind me firing torps  at the enemy that I am shooting at  that was 12km away  from me .   after having to dodge 3 volleys from him,  I told him to stop it.     he was bottom in the final talley.  you'd think by t7, they would have figured it out . 

[SCCC]
Members
3,177 posts
12,835 battles

please send me his player name in a PM so I can add him to my........"list"

thanks

Sorry but I won't do that.

N7bHW7P.png

[SYN]
[SYN]
30,523 posts
5,705 battles

thanks  I needed a new gif....

1108020b64cbfab5dade9bf9fff0e7a1f5584bf8

[HINON]
Members
3,269 posts
27,708 battles

That Gnevny has earned the prestigious POTD award. Good work Gnevny.

CYMDCcj.png

I had a cruiser torp me once at close range, he was apologetic and insisted I torp him back, I was like nooo I just want to win.

• Cool 2

[SCCC]
Members
3,177 posts
12,835 battles

Amen. Though the funniest TK I did and I felt like such a d***.  I was sailing along in my Scharnhorst I think, and I ran into a friendly, who only had 5hp left. He ofcourse exploded before I could turn away from him. Eventhough it was a combination of both our faults, I took the blame. Cause I really did just feel like such a jerk. Wish more people would just own up to it. Most people get, sometimes **** happens.

I also once TK'ed someone like that on accident. However, the set-up was slightly different. I was in a BB and I forget if he was in a cruiser or BB. I end up running into him on accident, but as he was at full health I thought nothing of it as it happens from time to time. Instead, he took a few citadel hits from an enemy BB which dropped him down to like 12hp and 'friendly' ramming took care of the rest. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
30,523 posts
5,705 battles

Why?

Because you can hit a friendly ship that comes inbetween you and your target with secondaries. Even a chance of setting them on fire.

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
14,408 battles

Good grief. I turn off my secondaries if a teammate gets in the way, let alone launching torps at a friendly. There's literally no valid excuse for that guy's behavior.

IIRC I believe secondaries no longer cause team damage....

I am pretty sure to cause my Bismarck had a HELLUVA session this morning and a cleveland was right smack dab in the middle of me and the Aoba I reckt...

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
14,408 battles

Because you can hit a friendly ship that comes inbetween you and your target with secondaries. Even a chance of setting them on fire.

nope

[GWG]
Members
7,226 posts
14,041 battles

This is the difference between Random and Co-Op..

At least the bots are half-way competent -- all the time.

Sign in to follow this