You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ramsalot

Papa Papa flags and Missouri grind

31 comments in this topic

Members
3,097 posts
12,298 battles

Papa Papa flags are bringing a lot of free XP, so I decided to throw some numbers together.  So here goes:

With premium account my average XP per game across all ships is 1500 (that's without camouflage and signal bonuses, which is important).  So, just with premium account and Papa Papa flags it would take about 2500 games to get the Mo, or $100 in Papa Papa flag bundles.  Now, premium camo brings this number way down.  But even with costly 100% to XP permanent camo on high tier ships, it would still take $50 in Papa Papa flags to get the Mo.  It adds up...

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,687 posts
19,824 battles

Things can be done to ease the grind. Do you have an Anshan? Newyears 2017 camos? Plus, you didn't factor in first-win-of-the-day bonus to XP.

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,891 posts
4,881 battles

I never paid a dime on my missouri. I had a lot of papa papa flags saved up from not using them as well 100% exp camo. Put both to a good use, gain 740k free exp in 2 months

Beta Testers
1,971 posts
11,320 battles

I haven't even really been trying and I am up to 525,000 free xp now. I still have 500 new years 200% free xp cammos and 500 papa papa flags to use.

Members
3,097 posts
12,298 battles

Things can be done to ease the grind. Do you have an Anshan? Newyears 2017 camos? Plus, you didn't factor in first-win-of-the-day bonus to XP.

You are 100% right about the first win bonus.  Majority of my games happened to be with first win bonus, because I have enough ships to not run out of those during the day.  Anshan is crap if you use Papa Papa flags with 100% camo though, it beats the Anshan bonus, I did the math.  New Tirpitz camo looks tempting though, same bonus but better XP and MM...  

Members
1,021 posts
13,304 battles

ok  im at $16  in papa flags and  at 580K free exp. 

i was getting 2000-3500   per game on the 200% 1st wins + 200% camo + 300% papapapa, 50%   signal.  i pulle din 30-40k free a day during the special.

you just need to max out the bonuses !

Edited by Rilak

[SOV]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,868 posts
8,529 battles

Doing this in high tier ships with premium time, Papa Papa and ESCL flags, 100% xp camo with a first win bonus is a huge gain to free xp. Yesterday I earned about 30k free xp with good games at tier 8+ netting 2k+.

Members
2,385 posts
13,906 battles

... I have been playing since August.... I pushed hard up the KM BB line and now have a 18pt Biz captain... I also bought outright the Dunk which has been generating a ton of XP that just sits there, and then in late Nov I bought the Kut which I have been hammering... across all my ships I had 2.3mil XP saved up... because of the generous FXP bonuses over the last couple of months in various ways, and the a pile of xmas boxes with more FXP and over 30k in Dblns... today I bought the Misery for my very own by converting a crap ton of XP to FXP.. for about 20k dblns... to get the 750k needed to buy her....  the XP and the existing FXP was built up over a couple of months, and yeah.. the xmas boxes were a huge boost.

​I was gaining huge XP and FXP bonuses with Dragon and Camo and flags.. 15-20k per on good battles

Edited by Elo_J_Fudpucker

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles

I got to admit, if you really try, you can Acquire free XP really quickly.  I recently broke down and spent like 25k free XP go skip most of Tier 3 and Tier 4 to get the Tier 5 German cruiser.  I had 98k XP at the time.  Now, about a week later, I have 106k Free XP so I have earned 33k free XP in a week.  This is from mounting the 200% to free camos, the 300% to free flag and cycling though my first win of the day bonus on each of my ships.  I average about 500 XP on a loss and 1000-1500 on a win.  

If you don't have these camos and such then yeah, the grind is going to take you a while.  

Luckily I have won a crapton of gold with the Santa's gifts that I can't think of a damn thing to do with, so I am not going to have to grind for my Missouri and I am probably just going to break down and convert the 644k of XP I need today and buy her.

Members
3,097 posts
12,298 battles

Luckily I have won a crapton of gold with the Santa's gifts that I can't think of a damn thing to do with, so I am not going to have to grind for my Missouri and I am probably just going to break down and convert the 644k of XP I need today and buy her.

Doubloons are very, very nice to spend on permanent camouflage for tier 9/10 ships.  Some of which you may find more fun to play with than Missouri...  But then again, if you play the Mo on daily basis, you will have the silver to run those high tier ships without any additional help. 

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
27,457 battles

I started with 150k and grinded up to 700k but run out of patience since I had 18k gold. Done most of it with premium account, a stack of Papa Papa flags, premium ships and first win bonus. The tons of New Year camos you can get for free will help you also.

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
8,214 battles

Been spending a lot of my free xp on upgrades lately, but still have almost 200k in free xp. Very tempted to purchase more doubloons to convert the rest. I have a million convertible xp just sitting on my Scharnhorst alone lol :D

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles

Doubloons are very, very nice to spend on permanent camouflage for tier 9/10 ships.  Some of which you may find more fun to play with than Missouri...  But then again, if you play the Mo on daily basis, you will have the silver to run those high tier ships without any additional help. 

Well I don't currently have any Tier 9 or 10 ships to be honest and am quite a ways away from one especially since I am one of those player that can't focus on any one line more than a few battle at a time but yeah I guess if I had a few Tier 10s around, buying the premium camo for them would be very appealing.

Members
11,026 posts
30,428 battles

Grinded a little over 150k free exp in a bit over 3 days over Christmas, when we had the Papa Papa for a kill event going on. That was fun.

Members
150 posts
3,097 battles

i had like 400k in unconverted XP from my premiums so when they had an amazon payments discount i spent like $60 and converted everything i had. I'm hesitant to buy her though with all the talk/rumors of the South Dakota-class ship(ships? Alabama/Massachussetts) and Musashi in the data mines. I still occasionally drop 10-25k on hull upgrades or when i get really sour on a ship (nerfed 'bucky ugh) but I'm approaching 900k in reserve with nearly a thousand less games than your estimate under my belt.

Members
11,026 posts
30,428 battles

i had like 400k in unconverted XP from my premiums so when they had an amazon payments discount i spent like $60 and converted everything i had. I'm hesitant to buy her though with all the talk/rumors of the South Dakota-class ship(ships? Alabama/Massachussetts) and Musashi in the data mines. I still occasionally drop 10-25k on hull upgrades or when i get really sour on a ship (nerfed 'bucky ugh) but I'm approaching 900k in reserve with nearly a thousand less games than your estimate under my belt.

Where'd you hear about Musashi?

And Alabama when she releases is almost certainly going to be cash only, like every other T8 premium.

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
8,214 battles

Where'd you hear about Musashi?

And Alabama when she releases is almost certainly going to be cash only, like every other T8 premium.

There was mention from a Q&A that she'd possibly be a nerfed Yammy at T9 as a free xp premium like Mo is for 2017. I'm still skeptical about it, but actually seen a few members on here talking about it and someone posted a link to it in a thread. I can't remember which thread though.

Members
426 posts
7,909 battles

I just find it hard to keep my hands off my Free XP lol.  Just bought my Bismarck, and after one match stock, went ahead and bought the second hull.  Rolled me back to 260k Free XP.

Members
150 posts
3,097 battles

I saw a video on youtube that speculated about it as there was a report the ship's already in the game files by the data miners. There has also been some talk here and there of a new Collaboration with Haifuri AKA High School Fleet to replace the Arpeggio collaboration; and they prominently featured Musashi (don't worry you naval history buffs, other than a girly captain and a big red trim stripe there wasn't anything crazy) so that could also be a thing.

I have some hopes that if WG isn't going to change the Alabama for STs that the general public can get the Massachusetts. Since they said Missouri is going to be there for the forseeable future and i have plenty of ships to play i'm not in any particular hurry. 

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
8,214 battles

I saw a video on youtube that speculated about it as there was a report the ship's already in the game files by the data miners. There has also been some talk here and there of a new Collaboration with Haifuri AKA High School Fleet to replace the Arpeggio collaboration; and they prominently featured Musashi (don't worry you naval history buffs, other than a girly captain and a big red trim stripe there wasn't anything crazy) so that could also be a thing.

I have some hopes that if WG isn't going to change the Alabama for STs that the general public can get the Massachusetts. Since they said Missouri is going to be there for the forseeable future and i have plenty of ships to play i'm not in any particular hurry. 

It's not just talk about the collab, it's true and it's coming this year. And what does Missouri being in game has anything to do with Massachusetts? They're two different class of ship.

Members
11,026 posts
30,428 battles

And the ARP movies had both Yamato AND Musashi.

Didn't get those in game.

Members
150 posts
3,097 battles

It's not just talk about the collab, it's true and it's coming this year. And what does Missouri being in game has anything to do with Massachusetts? They're two different class of ship.

earlier i was mentioning how i had made the Free XP requirements for the Missouri but since i was hearing talk of these other ships that i was holding off; then someone asked where i heard about the Musashi.

and yeah; i know she was in Ars Nova Cadenza; but i would've appreciated ARP Hyuuga more :o)

Edited by Pillager_Serj

[CHASE]
[CHASE]
Members
4,578 posts
12,604 battles

I am almost at 200K saved up on my free XP but have decided that what ever I have mid month payday I will be buying the rest of the way to the Missouri. Good think is I have gotten it below 100 bucks to around a tier 8 premium cost but have lots of camo and papa flags over the last couple weeks so I may get it cheaper yet will have to see. Just as long as I have enough to get my premium time for the month while I get it I will be happy. Kinda biting my lip on this one cause all the tier 10s I could research right now if I wanted to but Guess the Mighty Mo will print out credits to buy them so might as well get her to save the credits to buy the tier 10s with once they are researched.