Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
NakanuMo

Interesting/buggy draw

4 comments in this topic

[SEA]
Beta Testers
66 posts
10,145 battles

It was almost the end of the game, our side was 25 points below. At the very last second, my shell hit enemy Montana and killed her. And I got a draw?

I guess what happened to the game so that it cannot calculate the right result for the last second correctly.

https://postimg.org/image/9l8j0t69p/ for the result.

I have uploaded the replay here as proof.

20170108_123433_PJSB018-Yamato-1944_20_NE_two_brothers.zip

Edited by NakanuMo

Beta Testers
123 posts
2,244 battles

Downloaded replay.  Watching.  Will report back in a bit.

Edit - that ended up as a draw? Hmm.  It very clearly, just before you sank the montana, showed the enemy team reached 1000 points.  Your shells hit, sank the montana and scores flipped...to your side having 1000 and the enemy team sub 1000.

My guess is this - The enemy team technically won and in the time the client wraps things up, halts the battle and displays the post battle results you sank the montana...giving your team 1000 points.  The client doesn't know what to do and since "both" teams got 1000 points it gave everyone a draw.  Instead of hard stopping all action as SOON as one team gets 1k points, it lets things play out the last few seconds, then wraps up the action.  You, by the thinnest slice, denied the enemy a victory and salvaged what was the best possible outcome for you side.

Well done.

Edited by TreeBurst82

[SEA]
Beta Testers
66 posts
10,145 battles

Downloaded replay.  Watching.  Will report back in a bit.

Edit - that ended up as a draw? Hmm.  It very clearly, just before you sank the montana, showed the enemy team reached 1000 points.  Your shells hit, sank the montana and scores flipped...to your side having 1000 and the enemy team sub 1000.

My guess is this - The enemy team technically won and in the time the client wraps things up, halts the battle and displays the post battle results you sank the montana...giving your team 1000 points.  The client doesn't know what to do and since "both" teams got 1000 points it gave everyone a draw.  Instead of hard stopping all action as SOON as one team gets 1k points, it lets things play out the last few seconds, then wraps up the action.  You, by the thinnest slice, denied the enemy a victory and salvaged what was the best possible outcome for you side.

Well done.

Well. I think you are right. Haha, it is interesting after all. 

But it tells that the client has some problem with concurrency. Once one victory requirement is meet, everything should be locked immediately.

XDXD 

Edited by NakanuMo

Members
848 posts
6,063 battles

That's really odd. I know in WoT the game lasts for a few seconds after the cap reaches 100, and for a few seconds after the timer runs out, but I thought WoWS was a dead stop at 1000 points. Or is it only a dead stop for the timer? I must pay attention next time.

Sign in to follow this