You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MexicanPanda

I don't know what to say...

90 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
1,529 posts
1,148 battles

So on the one hand, I want to say thank you WG for the Kutuzov from the $3 box I bought a little bit ago. On the other hand, I want to say F#&% you WG, why do you tease me with a supercontainer gift and then give me a damn russian ship when you know I hate them because I don't want to support your soviet fetish.

When you gave me a Murmansk last week, I didn't mind too much because tier 5 is garbage and I can easily ignore your somehow-magically-better-than-it's-US-version ship. But now you give me a ship that's almost OP, and that simply can't be ignored as easily. So now I might actually have to play with your $!##% fantasy ships.

So, thanks, I guess. Hopefully net time we get an event like this I won't get any more russian ships because I already have half of the premiums.... then again, there are still a fair number left that WG could troll me with... *sigh*

[KSF]
-Members-
6,960 posts
10,623 battles

Kutusov wasn't a fantasy ship. She was very real.

Edited by ShermanMedium

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,724 posts
19,926 battles

Kutuzov is a real ship.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,529 posts
1,148 battles

Kutusov wasn't a fantasy ship. She was very well.

Kutuzov is a real ship.

That's nice and all, but the russian coast gaurd navy in this game offends me because it shouldn't be here. It's nice that there are a handful of real ships that sat around and rusted, but the whole thing is just some WG fantasy that they get off like they did with their tanks in WoT. So I really want nothing to do with them if I can avoid it. Hence why I hate that WG is trolling my by just giving me their fantasy ships in the santa boxes.

Members
1,840 posts
2,694 battles

She's a 1950s era cruiser.

Construction was cancelled by Nikita Khrushchev in 1954 after 14 examples had been completed. Two additional hulls were scrapped on the slip and four partially complete Sverdlovs launched in 1954 but were scrapped in 1959.

- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sverdlov-class_cruiser

Edited by Venom81

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
14,000 posts
5,814 battles

Don't you think it's a little unfair to Wargaming to tell them to F#&% off, when it's entirely the work of an automated RNG dice roll program?

I got a Marblehead, which is way inferior to the Kutuzov and one doesn't see me complaining about getting a ship regarded has bad.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,724 posts
19,926 battles

You're welcome to sell the ship and dismiss the captain if you're that prejudiced.

• Cool 3

Beta Testers
1,529 posts
1,148 battles

Don't you think it's a little unfair to Wargaming to tell them to F#&% off, when it's entirely the work of an automated RNG dice roll program?

I got a Marblehead, which is way inferior to the Kutuzov and one doesn't see me complaining about getting a ship regarded has bad.

Nope, I don't think it's unfair at all.

Beta Testers
4,007 posts
14,539 battles

Sell the ship if you are offended by anything russian , it's easy.

Also if you didn't noticed it's a russian game that you are playing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's funny how people complain for getting almost free stuff just because they are offended by something :hmm:

Wasted around 25 boxes and got only camos and flags , be [edited]happy for a free kutuzov.

Give me a free Kutuzov cause i am not offended

Edited by Destroyer_WolfgangZenker
  • Cool 1

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
14,000 posts
5,814 battles

How petty.

Just sell it then if it offends you, and your Aurora too if you haven't done so. Problem solved, and you get some credits and a port slot. This hardly needed a forum topic on it.

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
8,214 battles

How petty.

Just sell it then if it offends you, and your Aurora too if you haven't done so. Problem solved, and you get some credits and a port slot. This hardly needed a forum topic on it.

Its because the OP is just trying to complain about RU ships.

Beta Testers
4,007 posts
14,539 battles

Its because the OP is just trying to complain about RU ships.

Didn't see that coming

How original , complaining about russian content from a russian game :hmm:

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
5,391 posts
4,587 battles

You're welcome to sell the ship and dismiss the captain if you're that prejudiced.

It's funny how people complain for getting almost free stuff just because they are offended by something :hmm:

Wasted around 25 boxes and got only camos and flags , be [edited]happy for a free kutuzov.

[TSF_1]
Members
3,301 posts
7,732 battles

Well, the Russians didn't have nearly the illustrious careers that the US, Japan, the UK, and German navies had.

However, you're right that the Russian company wants Russian content.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,724 posts
19,926 battles

<snip> be [edited]happy for a free kutuzov.

Strictly speaking it wasn't free, it cost him $3.

Still a pretty damn good deal, mind. I got mine from a $5 santa box - OPs was cheaper by 40%.

Well, the Russians didn't have nearly the illustrious careers that the US, Japan, the UK, and German navies had.

And arguably the French, Italian and Dutch ...

Members
1,840 posts
2,694 battles

I was under the assumption that the OP was speaking in jest.  So wait OP, you're really not happy that you got a 50 dollar ship and only had to spend 3 dollars?:amazed:

Seems reasonable enough.:hmm:

Members
13 posts
182 battles

Please don't complain that you got a T8 prem ship you didn't want; i only got flags and camo's from my crates. You can always sell the ship and get whatever it is worth.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
5,391 posts
4,587 battles

View Postpewpewpew42, on 08 January 2017 - 03:42 PM, said:

And arguably the French, Italian and Dutch ...

C'mon Lert, WW2 is not a fair parameter to judge if a navy is "Illustrious" or not. French and Dutch got far more successful histories than Germans did, for example.

Beta Testers
1,529 posts
1,148 battles

However, you're right that the Russian company wants Russian content.

There in lies my problem with WG and their need to make the russian armed forces the best in their games. It's all propaganda so they can get their fat grant checks from the russian government for glorifying russian military history. The only thing the russians have done from a naval stand point is get super-rekt by the Japanese at the battle of Tsushima. The russian coast guard does nothing, but yet WG makes them the best ships in the game by crafting them for the meta, and crafting the meta for the russian ships.

I was under the assumption that the OP was speaking in jest.  So wait OP, you're really not happy that you got a 50 dollar ship and only had to spend 3 dollars?:amazed:

Seems reasonable enough.:hmm:

I did say thank you for the ship, since I do know how good it is and I got it for so little. But yes, I am not overly happy that I got it because it feeds WGs fetish.

Members
1,840 posts
2,694 battles

I did say thank you for the ship, since I do know how good it is and I got it for so little. But yes, I am not overly happy that I got it because it feeds WGs fetish.

Inb4 she's your favorite ship.:trollface:

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,113 posts

Actually... this is a real curiosity to me... the "Russian game" aspect of it. Why hasn't a US competitor come together for either of these games? Like uhm... do they feel the market is too small in comparison to their markets? Not worth the effort? tia

Beta Testers
1,529 posts
1,148 battles

Inb4 she's your favorite ship.:trollface:

I hope not, but I do hate myself sometimes (hence why I keep playing WG games) and she is pretty close to being OP.

Actually... this is a real curiosity to me... the "Russian game" aspect of it. Why hasn't a US competitor come together for either of these games? Like uhm... do they feel the market is too small in comparison to their markets? Not worth the effort? tia

US companies aren't getting grants from the government for glorifying US military history. Also, they probably just want to make CoD clones and early access games that never get finished so they can make maximum profit for minimal effort.

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
8,214 battles

There in lies my problem with WG and their need to make the russian armed forces the best in their games. It's all propaganda so they can get their fat grant checks from the russian government for glorifying russian military history. The only thing the russians have done from a naval stand point is get super-rekt by the Japanese at the battle of Tsushima. The russian coast guard does nothing, but yet WG makes them the best ships in the game by crafting them for the meta, and crafting the meta for the russian ships.

Just because a nation didn't have as big of a navy as other nations did or have an outstanding naval history doesn't mean that it's people, and the nation in general can't have a great sense of pride in their navy. Here is an example of your logic, but with sports. By your logic, a fan base can't have great pride in their team or love their team if their team isn't great or if it doesn't have a history of winning championships. Take the Jacksonville Jaguars, they have normally been a garbage team, or mediocre at best, yet they have a diehard fan base.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,218 posts
14,759 battles

I really really really wanted the Imperator Nikolai but I am not going to complain that all I got was the Ishizuchi, Indianapolis, Scharnhorst, and the Ashan. They are all fun and the flags and camouflages are all useful too.