You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
suleiman71

BREAKING NEWS - SANTA'S FLEET OF BATTLESHIPS DECIMATED!

15 comments in this topic

[KSF]
-Members-
6,960 posts
10,623 battles

My readers, Wargaming has made a massive response to the North Pole's recent advances.

At 3:00 in the morning on January 8th, 2017, Wargaming's remaining carrier fleet and their supporting ships launched every aircraft they had available, to strike back at Santa's recently moored battle fleet. At 3:20, 411 aircraft arrived at Port Kringle, and launched their attack on the 25 battleships in port, and the further 8 in drydock. In the ensuing air strike, 20 battleships were sunk and could not be raised. 6 battleships were sunk, but raised, and the rest were heavily damaged. The first attack ended at 3:28. At 3:47, 385 aircraft came and made their second attack, sinking a battleship, 15 cruisers, and 11 destroyers, and damaging the airports on the island. By 4:03, the second wave had left. Admiral Macabe of Wargaming's 3rd Carrier Division demanded that a second strike be made, and iChase, captain of the fleet's flagship, Taiho, supported the motion. The motion, however, was struck down by SerB himself.

With Santa's battle fleet devastated, how will the war proceed next? It must be noted that he still had 27 operational carriers, and a further 11 under repair, and none of those 38 carriers were within 150 kilometers of Port Kringle.

• Cool 3

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,245 posts
21,656 battles

One month after Pearl Harbor and you do this?

Color you fleet any way you want, us veterans have a Salem remembrance of that tragic day and the horrors those at Pearl Harbor suffered. 

Your attempt to bring color to an imagined event that so closely resembles history is an affront to Veterans all across this great Country called America.

Remember Santa brings gifts, and they may be nuclear. 

There is no fair fight in war, only death.

Members
4,546 posts

My only response, why does Santa have a battlefleet?  Are they manned by elves?  And aren't the elves supposed to be making toys?

Members
158 posts
15,192 battles

One month after Pearl Harbor and you do this?

Color you fleet any way you want, us veterans have a Salem remembrance of that tragic day and the horrors those at Pearl Harbor suffered. 

Your attempt to bring color to an imagined event that so closely resembles history is an affront to Veterans all across this great Country called America.

Remember Santa brings gifts, and they may be nuclear. 

There is no fair fight in war, only death.

ummm Salem? I must assume you meant solemn which is the word that would describe deep hearted remembrance of that fateful day, and not the town in Massachusetts 

Members
4,354 posts
4,615 battles

My only response, why does Santa have a battlefleet?  Are they manned by elves?  And aren't the elves supposed to be making toys?

There was a baby boom. The strains on economy were getting out of hand. 

[GWG]
Members
7,215 posts
13,981 battles

I love the "angry internet veteran" reply.

Real veterans couldn't give a damn less about what some imaginative sot has to say.

Something about dodging real live fire - meant to kill you, that puts the worlds troubles into proper perspective.

It's a very small chance someone coming back from war will become an Internet troll.  Life is too short for that.

But we enjoy the hell out of this game.  It's funny.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
5,189 posts
12,094 battles

The Grinch, Dr. Claw, Reverse Flash, League of Assassins, Trickster, Toy Man, Metallo, Lex Luthor, Rita Repulsa, Fearless Leader, Eric Cartman and any standing military thats trigger happy when UFO's enter their airspace. Oh, and probably the Templar's.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,644 battles

Real veterans couldn't give a damn less about what some imaginative sot has to say.

Something about dodging real live fire - meant to kill you, that puts the worlds troubles into proper perspective.

It's a very small chance someone coming back from war will become an Internet troll.  Life is too short for that.

But we enjoy the hell out of this game.  It's funny.

I think you're missing a lot of parts of the internet in that case.

I know what you mean about the combat part. Not that I've seen any... I was a merchant marine officer for 4 years, and I get a hard time about it from vets a lot of the time when I talk about generally anything what-so-ever that conflicts with the opinion of any former military member. I don't think any of these people realize that I've come closer to being shot at than like 80% of the armed forces, and that's coming after 15 years of war. I've been scoped out as a target by pirates. I've been harassed by hostile foreign naval vessels (granted, really small ones, but when you're an unarmed container ship, little gun boats with a .50 cal and a 20mm on deck might as well be USS Iowa for all we had to shoot back with - which was nothing). My favorite was an Air Force NCO's wife once chewing me out for not knowing anything about combat. I'm fairly confident she's never had Iranian warships use her ship to create a radar blind spot in order to hide and sneak up on a US Amphib (and yes, that really did happen to me in 2013 and it was really, really weird).

Anyway, yeah Angry Internet Vets are funny.

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,187 battles

Pretty much every single vet I have met that has experienced combat is hesitant to communicate about the experience, I have met many and I am also one. There is nothing fun about having someone try and kill you. Period.

OP made the post in jest, tasteless? Meh. To each their own.

To discredit any service member because they didn't get shot at enough is idiotic and ignorant. I worked both roles, I was combat arms and support and one does not work without the other.

That said.

People on the internet act stupid regardless of age, class or any other way to classify a person.

Btw I think Santa's Elves would fall under Navy Special Warfare, something like the Ninja assassin's of the Special Operations community. Navy Seal Elves?!??!