Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Eisennagel

Saga of Tanya the Evil

52 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
10,943 posts

Here is a new Witches meet War kind of anime.  But this one is a lot more darker, grim and grittier than anything before.  

The universe is set on an alternative world where the Empire, which is based on Imperial Germany, is already losing the war in 1924, surrounded by enemies in all fronts.  Amidst the trench warfare, mages are formally incorporated in both sides of the war in special units that provide aerial support and strike.

Its the story of one such mage, described as a monster in the form of a little girl, known in the front as the Devil of the Rhine.

• Cool 2

[IGU]
Beta Testers
4,246 posts

My evil military dictator can't be this cute

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,614 posts
15,346 battles

Was on the fence about taking a look... how do you like it so far? Last season Izetta had a lot of promise, but I feel like it didn't deliver.

[IGU]
Beta Testers
4,246 posts

Was on the fence about taking a look... how do you like it so far? Last season Izetta had a lot of promise, but I feel like it didn't deliver.

The writing is good the art might be a bit off putting it reminded me of My hero academia

Beta Testers
10,943 posts

I like it much.  She's different from all the other witches in all the other series --- she's completely ruthless, bad as** and evil. And likely a lot more OP too.

Beta Testers
1,165 posts
10,896 battles

I watch the trailer above...

...and maybe its just me, but I keep expecting a game of quidditch.  

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,322 posts
7,756 battles

Saw it and watched it bookmarked it! This looks like a winner!

[HINON]
Privateers, In AlfaTesters
7,775 posts
2,137 battles

Huh, it could be good. Something to start, now that Drifters is done for the season

Members
674 posts
4,335 battles

I placed this on my bookmarks. It looks promising so far. I read some manga chapters and it shows a lot of politics in it. I'm curious if and how those parts will make it in the anime.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
3,985 posts
2,106 battles

The writing is good the art might be a bit off putting it reminded me of My hero academia

Yeah, some of the character designs just look a tad...obnoxious for my taste, definitely not as easy on the eyes as Izetta.

That said,

I like it much.  She's different from all the other witches in all the other series --- she's completely ruthless, bad as** and evil. And likely a lot more OP too.

This sounds intriguing enough to give it a shot.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,322 posts
7,756 battles

Watched 2nd episode today got the backstory on Tanya and her reason for being. So far so good! Incredibly self absorbed no conscience at all and a real beef with God! All in a package too cute for her own good lol! Going to look at manga till next episode. Sure wish they'd resume Gangsta and Black Lagoon..... I miss Revi!

Members
800 posts
5,738 battles

Anyone noticed the Overlord plug?

I was reading the novel for this just because it looked similar to Overlord (salaryman turned into evil ruler).

My problem with this show is that the loli went back [edited] crazy after the first battle and the focus shifted from the behavior of a common worker adapting to a new reality to "hey look, this loli is killing people and she's so evil, be shocked!!!"

Even though Ainz did some evil stuff in Overlord (Volume 7 T_T) the author never made him appear insane or unreasonable.

Edited by ShiroDNL

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,678 posts
19,806 battles

My anime-buddy and me finished Izetta: the last witch recently and started watching this. I'm not a fan of the aesthetic design of the girls - way too large eyes and the mouths are off-putting - but the setting is intruiging and I'm definitely interested in seeing where this goes.

Beta Testers
10,943 posts

Her character design is meant to be deliberately upsetting, not meant to be likable or easy in the eyes.

The light novel illustrations are even worst.

uzTxxCy.jpg

3DLgw71.jpg

OPpNZAX.jpg

If anything they reflect her disturbed character and personality.

lBPEkld.jpg

Edited by Eisennagel

Beta Testers
160 posts
2,072 battles

Why do I see so many weeaboos on the forums but never see them in game? o.o when I talk about anime stuff in game I seem to only talk to old truckers who don't know what anime is.

[KNTAI]
Members
3,133 posts
8,678 battles

Why do I see so many weeaboos on the forums but never see them in game? o.o when I talk about anime stuff in game I seem to only talk to old truckers who don't know what anime is.

I see 60 YO's playing WoWs. I don't recommend searching for anime watchers in-game :trollface:

But HS, this anime is awesome. I'm like watching 20 this season, but this easily makes it top 3 lol

The production quality is high, the story and setting very interesting, and the action scenes are awesome... And the MC is extremely interesting too. Tanya really takes the cake in terms of interesting characters I've ever seen put in anime. This one will be EXTREMELY fun!

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
522 posts
10,155 battles

Only just watched the first episode. This show looks like it will be quite the ride and (so far) seems to be towards the top of my watch list this season.

Tanya's voice was slightly jarring at times, but that may be intentional to go with her visual appearance.

I run into them pretty consistently when I play; a lot of them are usually pretty into their community chats channels and similar. Though a lot of people in the random queues really do seem to fit the description you've given.

• Cool 1

Members
800 posts
5,738 battles

Her character design is meant to be deliberately upsetting, not meant to be likable or easy in the eyes.

If anything they reflect her disturbed character and personality.

They don't. The MC is like that for the sake of shocking people and nothing else.

Right in the first episode you can see how reasonable she is when trying to get rid of the soldiers. They disobey her and she tries to send them back home, they refuse and say that dying is better so from there she just followed a logical path to get rid of bad subordinates, but in the last seconds they try to make her look insane when she just showed a lack of compassion for people that get in the way of her doing her job.

If you want to build an insane character you better give me some reasons why he became like that, you can't build him in a way during the prologue and do a 180° turn to the route of insanity from time to time just to look darker.

Edited by ShiroDNL

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,678 posts
19,806 battles

Not just Tanya but also whatsherface, the other girl.

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,614 posts
15,346 battles

Just watched the second episode, and I'm gonna say it's been better than expected. I like that there is a touch of the Connecticut-Yankee-in-King-Arthur's-Court-type shows, and the art is high-quality and pretty normal besides Tanya and whatsherface.

And I actually like the art/design for Tanya, just not the other girl.

EDIT:

Tanya: Permission to leave battlefield!

Control: Permission denied.

Tanya: *sigh*... just have to carry harder...

p42gXgY.jpg

Edited by pikohan

Sign in to follow this