Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Coppos

Captain retraining,

8 comments in this topic

Members
34 posts
2,642 battles

I have used the same captain for my IJN DD line, I'm now at T-7, But I just bought back the T-5 and reassigned the same captain back to the T-5. But I had to pay 200,000 and he's at 50%. I though you were able to switch captains between boats that they had previously been on without penalty or cost?  

Members
193 posts
13,993 battles

Nope, is not and never has been the case. Premium ships are the only ships that can accept capts. from other ship without needing retraining.

• Cool 1

Members
1,450 posts
8,516 battles

No, you cannot switch captains like that. The captain is only able to be assigned to ONE tech tree ship.

However premium ships can use any captain of their nation without penalty

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,102 posts
22,699 battles

If you have a premium IJN ship then use it to help retrain that captain on the DD without penalty. You've lost a little bit of ground moving the captain like that. I did that - once. It is a hard lesson to learn...

[WOLFB]
Members
1,004 posts
35,357 battles

I beg yo differ but I have often taken a captain out of a given ship, (and placed them in a premium ship), and after earning more points, put them right back in the ship they came out of, without penalty.

The issue here is he sold and re-bought a T5. Perhaps because "it's not exactly" the same ship, you can't" train up" and replace.

After all one of the advantages of premium is the ability to take a captain out of the "tech tree" ship, learn up the skill set (faster with premium ships) and then put them back in their original ship.

[O_O]
Members
6,777 posts
16,225 battles

This really isn't difficult.

A captain can only be specialized in ONE tech tree ship (for this example, let's say a Tier 5 Japanese destroyer).  If you train him for another tech tree ship (a Tier 6 Japanese destroyer), that becomes his ONE ship.  His memory of the previous ship, the Tier 5, has been erased.  Never existed.  If you want to put him back in the Tier 5, you will have to re-train him just as he had never seen the Tier 5 before.

You can put ANY of your IJN captains in ANY of your IJN premiums, and back to the ship they are trained in (or training in) without penalty.  You cannot move your captain from your T6 to your premium, and then to the T5 without re-training.  He is still trained in the T6.

This is what I do when I advance up the tech tree and want to move my captain up as well...I sell the old ship and send the captain to the reserve.  I buy the new ship without a captain, then select my previous captain from reserve and begin retraining.  If the captain doesn't have many skill points I don't pay to speed up the re-training because it won't take long.  If he does have several skills, I will pay 200,000 silver to reduce the re-training time by half.  Once the retraining has begun, I will move the captain over to the premium ships of the same nation.  I can play him in those premium ships with full use of his captain skills, and the captain XP earned will go toward the re-training.  Once he is re-trained I can put him in the new tech tree ship and boom, Bob's your uncle.

Then again, maybe this isn't so simple...:yes_cap:

Edited by desmo_2

Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,373 posts
12,810 battles

Just think of it like this. Once you train a commander to a different ship they "forget" how to command the previous ship. The only exception is putting them in a premium ship.

[HMCSH]
Beta Testers
1,618 posts
20,816 battles

I beg yo differ but I have often taken a captain out of a given ship, (and placed them in a premium ship), and after earning more points, put them right back in the ship they came out of, without penalty.

The issue here is he sold and re-bought a T5. Perhaps because "it's not exactly" the same ship, you can't" train up" and replace.

After all one of the advantages of premium is the ability to take a captain out of the "tech tree" ship, learn up the skill set (faster with premium ships) and then put them back in their original ship.

Any tech tree captain can be run in any premium boat of the same nationality then go back to the same tech tree boat he came from without penalty. You may not retrain ...for example...... a minekaze captain for a mutsuki DD and then put the same captain back in the minekaze because he is now trained for the mutsuki.
Edited by SgtSpud

Sign in to follow this