Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bismarck1983

got chat banned twice for gving away free stuff

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

21 posts in this topic

so I give away stuff, it comes out of my own pocket. I been saving up to give away stuff on wargaming (santa boxes) as I promoted in each game say if you say in my twitch "Ill keel you" in my twitch if you do it in game ill buy you a gift https://www.twitch.tv/bismarck83) if you did I buy you something so far I giving away 10 bucks worth just for the viewers just for hanging out before that $100 last week. I was chat banned for giving away free stuff for the second time. as I am putting this in its all live on twitch. during game I said nothing bad, nothing racist,  no cuss words. but I got chat banned for being helpful and being friendly. wargaming needs to remove player based chat ban

I'll vouch for this, I saw one of his post's that linked to his Twich and logged in. This was one of the most entertaining channels I have seen, and watching it live was great. When he asked all his viewers for their in game names so he can send every one a gift crate, I was amazed. He did it live and 10 second later there was a crate in my account, 50 Zulu Hotel flags. Something I really needed as I'm so close to my 15 point Captain. 

While watching this whole thing live, War Gaming was in the wrong on this one. You should do the right thing and offer Bismark1983 an apology.  Offering free gifts, one that I received and others that were in chat with me should not be a punishable offence. 

You have a public contest section, I can not fathom what is wrong with offering free stuff at whim. 

Hopefully you will do the right thing. 

Regards,

Coppos

Generally you won't be chat banned falsely, but it might be a good idea to keep give away talk within your twitch channel. Maybe instead your viewers can give a screenshot of them in a game with you?

again its all live chat nothing racist, nothing hurtful nothing about cursing I didn't break any rules of wargaming but got punished anyways. wargamings flawed rules of giving players the ability to chat ban honest player.

LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES DONT GIVE TO ANY ONE OR CHARTITY YOU WILL BANNED FROM CHAT OR BREATHING! lol

Wonder if they are sensitive about the phrase you asked viewers to say, considering all of the terrorist threats this holiday season.  That was tragic at the German market and the shootings in the US.  Using that phrase in a school or even a workplace will cause an official reaction, for instance.

Edited by ExploratorOne

seems odd, I think wargaming need to change something
Edited by Bismarck1983

Its cause the snowflakes need their safe space and the "I'll keel you" pops their little bubble.

yep, they are most likely scheduling their 'cry in' as we all read this thread.

OP.....I'm actually glad this is all happening and I do  not mean happening as far as you getting chat banned, I mean that I too was thinking about doing a 'give away' of a few Santa boxes, guess I wont be doing it now.

Why would someone chat ban you for this? I would write it ten times if you asked

Generally you won't be chat banned falsely, but it might be a good idea to keep give away talk within your twitch channel. Maybe instead your viewers can give a screenshot of them in a game with you?

that is not how it works.... 

If you get four reports in a game, or maybe over  a certain number of games with three or more reports in them you are instantly banned...

It is not a matter of true or false...

If three people do not like you, they click report-misbehavior-in-chat, and BOOM.... three days.....

THe report system is majorly flawed and should be looked into.... but this topic is old enough that no one thinks WG will fix it.....

sad..this is my only complaint about the game....

Yeah, what he said.  I highly doubt you violated any actual Wargaming policy, but would bet you just attracted negative attention for doing a little publicity in game.  

Sorry, but a troll is a troll, and a lol is a lol, and if we don't get no trolls, then we don't have no lols.

I made that up.

-R

that is not how it works.... 

If you get four reports in a game, or maybe over  a certain number of games with three or more reports in them you are instantly banned...

It is not a matter of true or false...

If three people do not like you, they click report-misbehavior-in-chat, and BOOM.... three days.....

THe report system is majorly flawed and should be looked into.... but this topic is old enough that no one thinks WG will fix it.....

sad..this is my only complaint about the game....

Something is off if this was the second time it happened, OP should probably message support instead of posting on the forum. 

I haven't checked into your chat-logs (though I could and I won't post what I find), but here's how I imagine the chat-ban happened:

• You pop into a live game, and keep self-advertising. 
    • Player A thinks this is spamming or false advertising, they report you.
  • You pop into another live game and self-advertise
    • Player B thinks this is spamming or false advertising, and they report you.
  • Repeat until report quota for a ban is met. 

It doesn't sound like at all someone went out of their way to ban you, it's more likely people don't like advertising chats. (I know I don't).

Also, to be 100% clear, this is technically a violation of our EULA. To quote:

"2.17. All types of advertising messages are prohibited in general and battle chats. With the exception that game-related advertising such as platoon forming, company recruiting, clan recruiting is permitted with the following restrictions. It may contain no more than three (3) lines on a standard chat window, and be posted no more than once every 15 minutes within the garage chats or once per game in battle."

Advertising people to come to your Twitch Channel to maybe get free Santa Boxes seems like it's not up to code here. Just some food for thought.

Still Pidgeon, It's a sad state of affairs.  Though, I understand the advertising part and agree with its being in the rules, I guess this is one circumstance that it should not have been applied so liberally.

I would not consider changing it but might suggest the OP go about it differently.  One place where asking permission rather than forgiveness might apply.

I've seen multiple people advertise their twitch channels on forums, is that allowed?

Don't have time to check ALL of the forum rules (if someone is calling me lazy)

I've seen multiple people advertise their twitch channels on forums, is that allowed?

Don't have time to check ALL of the forum rules (if someone is calling me lazy)

There are dedicated spots on the forums to advertise your Twitch Channel. So long as it's gated off or mentioned in passing, it's all good. Heck, if you want to put it in your signature, that's fine as well. 

Personally, I try to keep my social media and my giveaway stuff separated. The only time I have used my twitch was when I randomly generated a list of winners, and that was for transparency. The stream had nothing else going on outside of the drawing.

LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES DONT GIVE TO ANY ONE OR CHARTITY YOU WILL BANNED FROM CHAT OR BREATHING! lol

^ That right there is just dumb. The difference between giving a gift for the sake of giving vs what you're doing is that when you gift you don't expect anything in return. The two times I did "big" giveaways on the forums, multiple devs were more than helpful and encouraged it. Before you say "lol at the end bro" I get that you were trying to be sarcastic, but the general idea is just awful.

I think it's great that you're doing giveaways, but it's important to remember that for a lot of players this sort of thing can come across as an advertisement in a game that they're paying to play.

Advertising Twitch in-game tends to get mixed reactions in the first place since, after all, the people who are in the match are actually playing the game and not very likely to stop and watch the channel.  For me I have no issue with people adding it to their sig or broadcasting that they're going to be streaming here or on the Reddit sub, etc. but I don't know how I'd feel if I saw it happen in every other match, or repeatedly in the same match.  Game chat should mostly be for what's going in in-game.

You didn't get banned for giving things away, you got banned for spamming the channel, even if you were doing your best to be polite and unobtrusive.  Welcome to the Internet where intention isn't obvious to the reader!

I've personally been told by players they were going to use their entire report quota on me simply for getting the kill on them after they crashed into an island.  They were on the enemy team.  I was supposed to kill them.  Yeah....

I've only ever used the report function a handful of times, and only when someone was being particularly toxic, racist, or bigoted.  I have noticed that in many matches, when there's a lot of chat at the beginning of the match other than "let's go B+C and ignore A", the team doing all the chatting tends to lose.  I know I'm not alone in noticing that the teams that do too much small-talking back and forth generally suffer from it.  My guess is, someone got annoyed with the amount of non match-related chat going on and that's how you got the reports.  Also, not sure about the WoWS community, but in some games I've played, a lot of guys don't like being on twitch streams, for that small chance the other team can watch the stream if there's no delay.  Or they simply don't want their bad day broadcast, etc.  

Everyone's got different opinions, and WoWS offers everyone the tools to express their opinions via the report feature.  In some ways I think it's great being able to commend worthy players and report the absolutely foul, but in it's current form the system does seem a bit open to abuse.  I personally tend to enjoy Twitch and YT content creators, and being that I never win free stuff, I'd hate to see them feel like they can't keep giving out free stuff lol.  Not sure what the best solution is here however.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0