Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

A Little Bit of Salt Adds Flavor to the Game

19 comments in this topic

[CNO]
Members
6,059 posts
18,506 battles

I noticed a double fail division in a T8-T10 match, and I couldn't help calling 'em out at beginning of the match.  Red gave me just enough salt to make my day.

fail_zpslumufomn.jpg

Edited by Soshi_Sone

Beta Testers
1,165 posts
10,896 battles

Yet depending on the MM, tier 7's are legit up to tier 9.  So there was 1 additional tier and some 10's in the pot.   Honestly, 1 tier less is hardly a fail div.

I bounced in here looking for the screenshot of a tier 4 or 5 in your tier X game.

Someone made a post about tier 7's in a tier 10 game.

:sceptic:

PS.  FYI - You can get warnings for using adult language in your screenshots.

Members
1,326 posts
95 battles

OK, where's my favorite meme? Oh, here you are!

giphy_zpsvopxpmdx.gif

• Cool 1

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
20,990 battles

Yet depending on the MM, tier 7's are legit up to tier 9.  So there was 1 additional tier and some 10's in the pot.   Honestly, 1 tier less is hardly a fail div.

I bounced in here looking for the screenshot of a tier 4 or 5 in your tier X game.

Pfft, Colorado is cannon fodder, albeit somewhat dangerous cannon fodder if the pilot gets lucky/the enemy is bad, for same-tier BBs.  How do you think she'll stack up against a T9, let alone a T10?  Not to mention how much time she spends outside the battle when on a map designed for BBs with a minimum top speed of 28 knots while she does 21...

Edited by TenguBlade
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

Has it occurred to you that maybe the fail was accidental and they didn't like to have it rubbed in like that? I mean, when you have not one but two T7 ships stacked with a higher tier in a division you have to consider than one of the three division mates might have derped.

Any kind of derision, teasing or mocking in global chat is unacceptable. As far as I'm concerned, the reds overreacted but OP had it coming.

• Cool 3

[YIKES]
WoWS Community Contributors, In AlfaTesters
1,090 posts
20,723 battles

I'd take a Kiev over a Tashkent in a T10 match, honestly.

Any kind of derision, teasing or mocking in global chat is unacceptable. As far as I'm concerned, the reds overreacted but OP had it coming.

I can understand no serious raging, but teasing? Really? You're no fun :/

• Cool 3

Members
1,326 posts
95 battles

Has it occurred to you that maybe the fail was accidental and they didn't like to have it rubbed in like that? I mean, when you have not one but two T7 ships stacked with a higher tier in a division you have to consider than one of the three division mates might have derped.

Seriously? Personally, I don't see anyone "rubbing" anything in. Seems like OP is just very excited to see Colorado and Kiev in the match, that's all. Totally unprovoked response IMO, but classic, just absolutely amazing :playing:

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
796 posts
4,060 battles

You must be fun at parties. 

but mah safespace!!1

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,165 posts
10,896 battles

Pfft, Colorado is cannon fodder, albeit somewhat dangerous cannon fodder if the pilot gets lucky/the enemy is bad, for same-tier BBs.  How do you think she'll stack up against a T9, let alone a T10?  Not to mention how much time she spends outside the battle when on a map designed for BBs with a minimum top speed of 28 knots while she does 21...

Ok, thats a fair dinkum question.

I think fine or else WG would have buffed it.  I'm poos in my Col, but I'm confident this guy had a boss game.

Members
1,326 posts
95 battles

Ok, thats a fair dinkum question.

I think fine or else WG would have buffed it.  I'm poos in my Col, but I'm confident this guy had a boss game.

As a general rule, BBs are the ones that fair worst when up-tiered, especially like that. Kiev, on the other hand, can have a decent game as long as she stays away from enemy gunboats or caps. She can still try and take on USN DDs at 7 kilometers and over, although she's very squishy now after the nerf, so it might not end too well.

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
20,990 battles

People like this deserve ridicule if not outright euthanization for being arrogant enough to walk into the MM queue thinking that they won't be uptiered.  It's common knowledge that being placed outside your normal tier range in a multi-tier division is possible, so why take the risk to begin with if you aren't prepared to accept the consequences?

Let them endure some humiliation and outright-unfair play.  Maybe they'll learn why same-tier divisions are a prudent thing afterwards.  Suffering drives the point home magnitudes harder: it did for me.

Edited by TenguBlade
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

People like this deserve ridicule if not outright euthanization for being arrogant enough to walk into the MM queue thinking that they won't be uptiered.  It's common knowledge that being placed outside your normal tier range in a multi-tier division is possible, so why take the risk to begin with if you aren't prepared to accept the consequences?

Let them endure some humiliation and outright-unfair play.  Maybe they'll learn why same-tier divisions are a prudent thing afterwards.  Suffering drives the point home magnitudes harder: it did for me.

You misread: I don't condone fail divisions. If a division is composed of two lower tier ships and one higher tier, it's possible that the players are stupid but it's also possible that it was an accident. Judging by their reaction in chat, it looks like they were already annoyed prior to Soshi_Sone's tease because the fail was in fact unintentional.

[KNTAI]
Members
3,133 posts
8,697 battles

Fail divs are stupid. Unless the ship can handle it, there should NO be place for this kind of bull crap.

Edited by Excield

[WOLFB]
Members
1,003 posts
35,160 battles

That kind of "salt" is always unacceptable! If you use that language in front of "kids", perhaps you don't KNOW any better. But we are not all adults playing this game and I report all language that would be unacceptable to any parent in front of their "children."

(and while I am not a "prude", and I also know "kids" use such language, I also think it in very poor taste and practice, for any ADULT to swear around under age "kids". A it is also ILLEGAL in some states to use profanity in PUBLIC! And this game is PUBLIC!)

And there seems to be more lately involving very poor taste many different implied and explicit  sex acts! If someone lacks the "common sense" (which seems to be somewhat uncommon in chat!) they desire a ban!

Members
1,797 posts
5,635 battles

Ah, the Colorado...always the BB I want to see opposite me when I sail Gneisenau.  So deliciously full of juicy exp...I can just imagine the enthusiasm seeing one in a ship like Yammy that can swiss cheese her from any angle, any range.  The risk here is that the mad rush to gobble that little morsel down encourages bad play.  The upshot for the reds is maybe they got an extra Tier X cruiser or two out of it to do work.

Members
150 posts
3,097 battles

i would probably be mad; but laugh at the same time if i was part of that fail division. stuff like this happens man, and I'm comfortable enough with a Nagato or even a Fuso that i wouldn't cry about getting tiered into a match with a Yammy...A colo on the other hand.....yeah.

Please, develop a sense of humor and sarcasm. I think just a bit of teasing's OK but if you seriously react like that you need to log off and disconnect for a bit. My overly competitive division mate showering me with expletives when his rudder decides to not shift fast enough to avoid a stealth torping is more than enough for me, so please, don't take the grain of salt...with more salt. start talking. with your team, with the other team. doesn't have to be trash talk. sometimes even a little poi~ goes a long way towards match enjoyment. Just please, don't turn into a french fry AKA Salty, fried Potato.

Sign in to follow this