You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
centarina

unlocked my first tier X ship.

9 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

after nearly 6111 matches, I've unlocked my first  Tier X ship.  havn't bought it yet,  (seeing if I can wait till a sale)       udaloi grind wasn't bad,  just bit streaky in terms of WR, but overall.  i did alright.      so, any advice on how to run Khab?  XD     on the side note,I've also unlocked chapayev and   should have roon unlocked tomorrow.

Edited by centarina
  • Cool 1

[OWSS]
Beta Testers
794 posts
6,703 battles

Gratz

I only have the Udaloi but looking forward to the Khab - and I think you pretty much run them the same (equipment wise).

[WORST]
Members
69 posts
10,753 battles

First, Grats! The Khab is a TON of fun, and although I haven't played all that many games in her, (around 30-40 I think) I love the ship and it's quickly becoming one of my favorites.

I'm a bit of a blacksheep with the Khab, I run a full stealth build (BFT, Last Stand + Expert Marksman, Super, AFT, CE) instead of the 3x4 captain setup a lot of people seem to prefer. I like to get my stealth down as much as possible to allow easier retreats/repositionings. Lower detection also helps me actually behave like a DD. That's my personal preference after trying both setups.

For modules run your standard DD stuff.

The Khab plays like a light cruiser. Zip around the battlefield slinging HE at anything in range. Your rifles are basically lasers, so you won't have any problems hitting even destroyers at longer ranges. You're extremely fast, so be sure to run to another flank if it needs help. If a destroyer is threatening your fleet, I would shift my fire to that target immediately. Your gun arcs make hitting other DDs very easy, and they should be your primary targets as soon as they pop up.

Other than that, don't stop moving, turning, or shooting, and you should be fine.

Good luck out there!

Members
3,679 posts
8,111 battles

NEW KHABAROVSK HERESY!

Just kidding, Khab is fun and hilarious to play. Nothing can really stop her except radar and CVs. Enjoy! 

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
21,019 battles

Step 1: Mash "W" four times.

Step 2: Play this song.  Turn the volume up when you turn on engine boost.

Step 3: Fire at anything and everything in sight; HE if not broadside, AP if broadside.

Step 4: ????

Step 5: Watch the Witherers, Arsonists, and Russian bias accusations roll in, along with credits.

Edited by TenguBlade

[-K-]
SuperTest Coordinator, WoWS Community Contributors
5,957 posts
22,092 battles

Take your time.  No rush.  I rarely play my tier 10's because I'd rather invest that time in unlocking other ships.  Also, there's the insane repair cost.  

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

Ther reason it took so long is due to grinding all the lines to 8.   only one that I don't have 8 is KMDD and I am pretty stuck on t5 at the moment.    :D    Only reason for me to get khab was to possibly make it easier to do the honored campaign's 5th mission.  :D    I am keeping udaloi and selling kiev.  kiev has 17 point captain that will move to khab.   I actually didn't lose money with udaloi,  so I am getting good enough to break even in t9  with most ships now.   

I am actually thinking of keeping hipper as well  when I get the roon.    no real desire to get to t10 there.   I have 42 mil saved up, so  I should be able to buy 3 ships but that will break me  lol.  waiting for next t8-10 sale  ;D.   graf spee santa campaign should also give me some  creds.  :D

Edited by centarina

[ANKER]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
1,110 posts
6,122 battles

Also, there's the insane repair cost.  

The new tier 10 camos fix that problem. I run my Hindy as a credit grinder now, making ~300k profit per game or more.

Beta Testers
1,180 posts
7,853 battles

Take your time.  No rush.  I rarely play my tier 10's because I'd rather invest that time in unlocking other ships.  Also, there's the insane repair cost.  

what insane repair costs? I make money playing tier 10s as do many others.