You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kaa1el

Yamato needs radar, acoustic search, and anti-HE,bomb,torpedo shield consumables

42 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
135 posts

Clearly this game favors unbalanced indirect fire ship classes like DD and CV. They spam HE and torpedo like toilet papers. Battleships need a serious buff. Let Yamato and similar high tier battleships equip radar search and acoustic search to counter DD, and introduce energy shield to deny any HE impact, as well as torpedo and bomb strikes. The latter sounds op, but wargaming can make such consumable costs like 50 gold for each use. One activation of such consumable lasts 10 minutes. These should balance out the game and make battleships a more enjoyable class to play.

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

GR8 B8 M8 I R8 8/8.

Edited by Aduial
  • Cool 1

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,401 posts

The only problem with this is BBs don't need buffs.

• Cool 2

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
5,663 posts
4,472 battles

May as well change the game title back to World of Battleships.

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

:facepalm: Haven't you made this post before? No, Battleships do not need buffs.

I quote one of his topics: "BBs should have near infinite health". 
  • Cool 1

[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,533 posts
10,092 battles

Clearly bait but I might as well say one simple thing:  I do find it amusing truly how hard the forums has to cry about Battleships.  I'll take my new Hindenburg any day of the week over Yamato.  A battleship at high tier will be burned to the waterline in HE with little effort so as long as a Cruiser stays 15+ km out to do it.  If a BB tries to fire, its literally a joke to dodge.

Well, with how ingrained BB hate is, I don't know why I bother.  I'll go back to enjoying enjoying my newfound love for cruisers.

But for those who glosses over my first sentence because I'm not in the bandwagon argument for BB = godlike killing machines with no weaknesses, yes.  BBs don't need buffs either, and the OP is baiting you all.  Nevertheless, despite such an obvious ploy, the hatred for the class runs so deep and toxic on these forums people still take the time to spew out anger towards the class in general.

Edited by CaliburxZero
  • Cool 1

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

hatred for the class runs so deep and toxic on these forums people still take the time to spew out anger towards the class in general.

Are you kidding? I see people saying things like "I hate DDs, cowardly DDs need to be made useless so no one will play them". DDs are probably the most hated class. 

[CNO]
Members
6,078 posts
18,552 battles

Clearly this game favors unbalanced indirect fire ship classes like DD and CV.

Clearly, it does not:

yamato_zpsptdeqyhl.jpg

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
2,180 posts
10,507 battles

Clearly this game favors unbalanced indirect fire ship classes like DD and CV. They spam HE and torpedo like toilet papers. Battleships need a serious buff. Let Yamato and similar high tier battleships equip radar search and acoustic search to counter DD, and introduce energy shield to deny any HE impact, as well as torpedo and bomb strikes. The latter sounds op, but wargaming can make such consumable costs like 50 gold for each use. One activation of such consumable lasts 10 minutes. These should balance out the game and make battleships a more enjoyable class to play.

Are you a [edited]idiot? The last thing Yamato needs is a buff. Its already OP enough as it is. It lolpens and overmatches pretty much everything and can instadelete a cruiser or another BB in one salvo. DDs can do the same to you with torps. Plus if you've gotten to tier X and still havent learned of something called a rudder, then you clearly suck at playing BBs and Warships in general. Sure, you can delete a cruiser of BB off the face of the map but the second anythijng does any damn damage to you that is SO clearly unbalanced and clearly needs a nerf. So why not remove DDs altogether? And CAs? and CVs? And why not throw away BBs with torps like Tirpitz and Scharnhorst and Gnei while we're at it. Sure, you can have you way, as soon as you lose the ability to one shot CAs and BBs and CVs and DDs. Why don't you actually lose your [edited]brain and think before making stupid, half-wit ideas and making yourself look even stupider then you already are. Considering your post history, you may find that difficult;t, if not downright impossible 

[--K--]
[--K--]
2,533 posts
10,092 battles

Are you kidding? I see people saying things like "I hate DDs, cowardly DDs need to be made useless so no one will play them". DDs are probably the most hated class. 

Not a bloody chance.  There was ONE thread about cowardly DDs not too long ago and too lazy to link it, but I call blatant [edited].

(almost) Everyone on these forums believe the following:

Battleships have no weaknesses and the most OP thing in this game, ever.

Battleship players when crying influence the entire game's balancing decisions.

Battleship players are completely stupid.

That being said, here, the one piece of proof that speaks louder than anything you can hope to say:  The only class that has a derogatory name to its playerbase, is battleships.  "baBBies", a phrase that has been used since time immemorial for me on these forums.  Its pathetic.

Edited by CaliburxZero
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
Privateers, Privateers
6,800 posts
5,039 battles

So do you want an I Win button alongside those buffs too?

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles

That being said, here, the one piece of proof that speaks louder than anything you can hope to say:  The only class that has a derogatory name to its playerbase, is battleships.  "baBBies", a phrase that has been used since time immemorial for me on these forums.  Its pathetic.

That's because the BBabies aren't smart enough to coin a term for the cowardly DDs they cry are OP!! :trollface:

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,536 posts
12,810 battles

Needs a Wave Motion Gun as well

turn your broadside to one in a Pensacola and tell me that BBs do not have wave motion guns.
Edited by crzyhawk

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
21,083 battles

There's a difference between "most hated" and "scapegoat."  The latter of which is undisputably BB drivers.  The class gets blamed for everything, including nerfs to itself.  We got blamed for the USN CV nerf, we got blamed for the IJN torpedo nerf (when even CAs and DDs complained. on RU especially), we got blamed for the camping meta, we got blamed for the AA rework (and thus turning the Kutuzov into Russian bias incarnate), we got blamed for the bow-armor nerf, we got blamed for the IJN DD split, we got blamed for making the German DDs bad, we're being blamed for almost the entirety of problems with the upcoming commander skills, I even saw people blaming the absurd number of battleships out on the server right now for why WG didn't release the Graf Spee outside of a bundle until after the new year.

That's because the BBabies aren't smart enough to coin a term for the cowardly DDs they cry are OP!! :trollface:

Or maybe because the cowards that complain about torpedoes get driven out of here by actually-competent battleship drivers for soiling their image.  I don't know about you, but I take serious affront to anyone who thinks that gauging my opinions based on what ships I play is a valid way of thinking.

Edited by TenguBlade
  • Cool 1

[--K--]
[--K--]
2,533 posts
10,092 battles

Translation:  The forums are blatantly, a very toxic and vocal minority.  (With very few exceptions.)

Edited by CaliburxZero

[--K--]
[--K--]
2,533 posts
10,092 battles

There's a difference between "most hated" and "scapegoat."  The latter of which is undisputably BB drivers.  The class gets blamed for everything, including nerfs to itself.

Okay, this is probably more accurate than what I said admittedly.  
Edited by CaliburxZero

Members
7 posts
2,915 battles

As much as I love my BB's I like to play a fair game, and that means not completely dominating opponents without using any skill as this (probably bait) thread suggests.

[--K--]
[--K--]
2,533 posts
10,092 battles

I don't know about you, but I take serious affront to anyone who thinks that gauging my opinions based on what ships I play is a valid way of thinking.

Tengu, I urge you to start posting this to people who do this because i'm sick of it as well:

fk2fQOx.jpg

(In this case, substitute items for people.  well, for some maybe items is more appropriate.  lel.)