You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Taichunger

$1 box gives me some obscure Russian DD. Thanks for all the loot, WG!!

46 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,308 battles

Happy happy happy. Can't thank you enough for the Santa boxes. Atago and Gremy were two ships I really wanted... and Santa gave them to me. And I got tons of camo, flags, you name it.....

Thanks guys!!!!

Edited by Taichunger
  • Cool 2

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,475 posts
11,577 battles

I got 40K doubloons today from 20 boxes. These are the best :V

• Cool 2

[SWOB]
[SWOB]
Alpha Tester
1,147 posts
6,651 battles

Yeah the boxes seem to be pretty generous, I actually feel bad when I see people complaining about not getting the ships they want.  For the price of a single T7-8 premium I've gotten almost every ship I didn't have including a couple I almost don't want!  But I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth.  I realize that it's actually a clever way to squeeze us for money with a holiday theme, but I almost want to thank WG because the drop rate is unbelievably generous if we're to believe what we see on the forums and I have no reason to really doubt it given my experience other than general skepticism and an awareness of how gambling (is supposed) to work!

Congrats!  Now get out and kill some baby seals.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,022 posts
1,161 battles

Still going strong over here without any premium content :D

You are laughing, I noticed in another thread you started, that you touted the fact you have spent nothing on this game as a badge of honour. One would think if one enjoyed a product by said company, they would support it. 
  • Cool 1

[GWG]
Members
7,217 posts
14,014 battles

When I get the 'Gift' premium ship, first there is the cost of the container.

Then there is $2.50 to retrain the 10 point captain to a grinder.

For me, the real prize is the commander.  This allows me to have many more usable Elite ships to choose from, and more captains to choose from if a premium ship is 'in battle'.

This container thing has been very good to me.  Lo Yang, Anshin, Gremyashchy, Imperator, Marblehead, and Indianapolis.

I played each one at least once in Co-Op just to set them up.

The Imperator is insane.

[AARG]
Beta Testers
1,200 posts

Screenshot....:P. The crates have been terrible to me. only got a bunch of useless camo and a Emden and Atlanta. Hoping for a Nikolai soon.

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,308 battles

I also think WG randomly picks people on whom gets a rare ship based on the # of premiums already owned.

The list of ships they are giving away is limited. Once you have all the ships, they repeat. So a friend of mine keeps getting Emdens because he has all the ships, which are converted to doubloons -- a cheap way to get piles of doubloons (I guess the program must default to Emden when all ships are owned). He also has an insane number of 10 pt German captains...

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,730 posts
12,235 battles

Wish I had that kind of money to get that many boxes. Though I start my first job on Monday, so maybe next time around.

Members
118 posts
287 battles

Wish I had that kind of money to get that many boxes. Though I start my first job on Monday, so maybe next time around.

​I know how that goes, I got you 5x 1$ boxes. merry etc!

​can you do me a favor and let me know what you got? i'm testing a theory that gifted crates reward more than what you buy for yourself.

• Cool 1

[AARG]
Beta Testers
1,200 posts

​I know how that goes, I got you 5x 1$ boxes. merry etc!

​can you do me a favor and let me know what you got? i'm testing a theory that gifted crates reward more than what you buy for yourself.

I recieved a crate from a friend, got a Scharnhorst

Members
118 posts
287 battles

I recieved a crate from a friend, got a Scharnhorst

​I've been hearing that kind of stuff a lot, a friend got me 2 x $3 crates and I got a blyskawica and Emden right away. someone on the WOT forums told me his friend got a Tirpitz right away from his gift crate. early on I got a Scharnhorst and a few lowbies (zucchini, Marblehead etc) and 90 days prem and some decent doubloon drops but after that it was a looooong streak of just camos and flags

​I think it's designed to encourage gifting rather than buying for yourself. really been shooting for imperator/gremy but no luck so far.

Edited by otacon237

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,475 posts
11,577 battles

I did take a test this morning and ended up doing a lot better on it than I expected. Like, A LOT BETTER. So that's why I bought the 20 boxes and rewarded myself.

[WOLF5]
Beta Testers
47 posts
11,590 battles

The list of ships they are giving away is limited. Once you have all the ships, they repeat. So a friend of mine keeps getting Emdens because he has all the ships, which are converted to doubloons -- a cheap way to get piles of doubloons (I guess the program must default to Emden when all ships are owned). He also has an insane number of 10 pt German captains...

I had all of the premium ships from the list, and I too only received multiple Emdens from the $3.00 packages.

[SALTY]
Members
1,291 posts
4,139 battles

Ships i have received from these containers.

• Atago
  • Gremy
  • Texas
  • Warspite
  • Lo Yang
  • Blysakvica
  • Marblehead
  • Anshan
  • Arizona
  • Murmansk
  • Prinz Augen
  • Iszhuchi
  • Sims

• Cool 1

[AARG]
Beta Testers
1,200 posts

Ships i have received from these containers.

• Atago
  • Gremy
  • Texas
  • Warspite
  • Lo Yang
  • Blysakvica
  • Marblehead
  • Anshan
  • Arizona
  • Murmansk
  • Prinz Augen
  • Iszhuchi
  • Sims

Your just missing indy....the true Tier 7 US Cruiser.

Members
118 posts
287 battles

Screenshot....:P. The crates have been terrible to me. only got a bunch of useless camo and a Emden and Atlanta. Hoping for a Nikolai soon.

​PM me if you wanna trade a few crates. I am hoping for gremy and nikolai. based on my experience and reading other people's on the forums, it kinda seems to me like the rewards are bigger for gifted crates rather than what you buy for yourself. idk if that's true or not.  

[WOLFA]
Members
295 posts
20,961 battles

​I've been hearing that kind of stuff a lot, a friend got me 2 x $3 crates and I got a blyskawica and Emden right away. someone on the WOT forums told me his friend got a Tirpitz right away from his gift crate. early on I got a Scharnhorst and a few lowbies (zucchini, Marblehead etc) and 90 days prem and some decent doubloon drops but after that it was a looooong streak of just camos and flags

​I think it's designed to encourage gifting rather than buying for yourself. really been shooting for imperator/gremy but no luck so far.

I buy 8 x$3, my last buy because Santa gift me a lot of premiun ships with this boxs (atlanta, gremy, arizona, texas, izi, emdem, marble, loyang, ansham, atago, kutuzov, indianapolis, prinz eugen), and in the last box a Tirpitz!!!! Can´t believe my luck, ty WG. 

Happy new year all.

Edited by Mala_suerte71

Beta Testers
1,022 posts
1,161 battles

FREAKING FINNALLY!!!! After over 300 bucks spent I finally get the grem

Congratulation, Wargaming thanks you. Now give honour to the motherland in your new Gremyaschiy.

Members
118 posts
287 battles

I buy 8 x$3, my last buy because Santa gift me a lot of premiun ships with this boxs (atlanta, gremy, arizona, texas, izi, emdem, marble, loyang, ansham, atago, kutuzov, indianapolis, prinz eugen), and in the last box a Tirpitz!!!! Can´t believe my luck, ty WG. 

Happy new year all.

​wow that's amazing. I spent around $150 without nearly as many ships.

[SYN]
Members
3,738 posts
23,569 battles

FREAKING FINNALLY!!!! After over 300 bucks spent I finally get the grem

Congrats you must have really been stressing out towards the end