Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SkipJack67

Ouch!

16 comments in this topic

Members
50 posts
1,442 battles

What just happened to me? Is it possible?

Put no skill commander from "Lucky Lou" in to the Marblehead heading down to Co-Op.... I'm going to sink all them AI bots.

Battle started and 60 sec later,  oops I was wrong.  AI sent one HE - one!   Marblehead went from 27K to 0 hahaha.  The "he doesn't even know what hit him" crossed my mind. 

Where exactly did the AI HE round hit me?  Since it was Co-Op I didn't get the Detonation achievement. 

jHImDDJ.png

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles

The Omahas, including the Marble, seem extremely susceptible to detonations.

On more than one occasion I detonated full-health Omahas with HE fired from the Clemson.  I kid you not.

[NET]
Beta Testers
555 posts
5,906 battles

same thing happened to me in co op in a mikasa, one he shell from another mikasa took me out from full health.

[SFBBW]
Beta Testers
1,218 posts
9,971 battles

Omahas - the one absolute time that no one should give you any guff whatsoever about firing HE from a BB...

Members
1,262 posts
7,967 battles

Gremy's detonate, too. I accidentally went into Co-Op battle when I didn't reset the battle mode after my game was reinstalled. I proceeded to get detonated by a bot Minekaze, no less. Felt totally ripped off.  

Members
50 posts
1,442 battles

O.o, my magazine blew up then.  Actually it was my first thought, I didn't know HE could find its way to the magazine.  Learn something new every day :P

Members
11,026 posts
30,428 battles

O.o, my magazine blew up then.  Actually it was my first thought, I didn't know HE could find its way to the magazine.  Learn something new every day :P

Quit thinking real life.

There's almost nothing realistic about magazine detonations.

In this game, magazine detonations are an RNG roll influenced by the remaining HP in the magazine module, which is triggered when the magazine takes damage.

Modules can be damaged by both direct damage from  penetration, or by splash damage from a nearby HE shell or torpedo explosion.

i.e., how HE splash damage can detonate you, something that has never happened once in the history of naval warfare.

Beta Testers
303 posts
8,267 battles

same thing happened to me in co op in a mikasa, one he shell from another mikasa took me out from full health.

I had it the other way around - I took out my Mikasa nemesis twice in Co-op with a single HE shell hit. Those stupidly high firing arcs ensure that the shell will hit from above (when it hits ...) and that is apparently enough to detonate a Mikasa. I have never seen it before and it happened twice in a very short time span (a week?).

And I recall one-shooting enemy Mahan once with the very first hit on him - from randomly firing secondary guns (without MCSA skill) !!! Never even realized that he had decloaked in my secondary gun range until after the fact:teethhappy: I bet the guy was pi$$ed off ...

[PSA]
Members
5,111 posts
3,732 battles

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't detonations ONLY happen when you're hit with HE? I don't recall ever blowing up from a single AP shell, despite being citadelled in the magazine numerous times.

Beta Testers
303 posts
8,267 battles

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't detonations ONLY happen when you're hit with HE? I don't recall ever blowing up from a single AP shell, despite being citadelled in the magazine numerous times.

I have detonated multiple BBs (mostly Scharnhorsts) with torpedo hits to the area under their first turret.

[PSA]
Members
5,111 posts
3,732 battles

I have detonated multiple BBs (mostly Scharnhorsts) with torpedo hits to the area under their first turret.

Oh yeah, that too. But I believe AP itself doesn't cause detonations. Or there would be a whole lot more of them.

[SFBBW]
Beta Testers
1,218 posts
9,971 battles

Quit thinking real life.

There's almost nothing realistic about magazine detonations.

In this game, magazine detonations are an RNG roll influenced by the remaining HP in the magazine module, which is triggered when the magazine takes damage.

Modules can be damaged by both direct damage from  penetration, or by splash damage from a nearby HE shell or torpedo explosion.

i.e., how HE splash damage can detonate you, something that has never happened once in the history of naval warfare.

Exactly. I still remember one video I watched - a full health Yamato, got hit on the deck by one 127 mm HE shell from a USN DD - poof. "Fun and engaging mechanics".:sceptic:

[BHSN]
Members
2,564 posts
4,201 battles

Near a magazine, apparently.

Detonations still happen in Coop, you just don't get told about it.

They definitely happen in Coop...you don't get the flags for it of course, but you have to look at the icons in the kill feed so see what actually happned. There's nothing popping up telling you like in PVP but you'll see that little explosion icon show up. 

HE round hit ammo on the deck or penned and hit ammo inside...either way, ammo of some kind got hit and exploded OP...

It's also really RNG too. I was in an Arizona, took one torp to my bow and blew up, very next game, same thing and nothing, just damage / flooding...totally RNG based. 

Edited by scruffycavetroll

[LRM]
Members
2,958 posts
8,073 battles

Your problem is that your in a Omaha clone, and Omaha's are very flimsy. I don't like driving mine, but it can be fun at times.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

i got hit by  bomb in my hipper and   poof.     :D  I just had deleted another ship and was feeling good when this happened.     

Sign in to follow this