Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Myrradah

What the heck changed....

12 comments in this topic

[K-9]
Members
7 posts
7,644 battles

The past month or two have been horrible for me. RNGesus has been against me for that long?

I mean and yes i know the angling, braodsides how to shoot etc. so dont try trolling ill jsut ignore you.

But something has changed and I need some help to know what it is.

I used to citadel and get good hits all the time, now I do zero damage with multiple hits from a BB on a broadsided cruiser. But if someone is fortunate enough to get a broadside on me in my cruiser I get one shot.

This is for all my ship types lately, but even more noticeable in my German BB's.

What changed? Water line aiming doesnt seem to work any more...

[SWOB]
[SWOB]
Alpha Tester
1,147 posts
6,651 battles

Nothing major has changed that alters battleship play, this is the nature of randomness.  It happens.  You just don't remember the streak where you went for two weeks with 60% wins and 25% more damage than usual.

Edited by K538

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,110 posts

Theoretically.... you would want to watch your FPS and Lag indicators in the upper left of the display. If you see they are different than a month ago then it could be causing your problem. 

One thing I do notice going between ship lines/nations is this: although you would think aiming would be the same on every ship, it is not. It varies a lot.. for example, Texas and New York compared to other nations' BBs... to hit waterline you have to aim higher up the side of the ship. 

Could it either one of those be related to your issue? 

[K-9]
Members
7 posts
7,644 battles

I know the german BB's are aimed much much different...and I havent honestly figured it out but it seems to be just under the deck lines.

But it doesnt explain the issue with shots bouncing all the time on a multiple types of broadsided cruisers. Im better off using HE.

Members
1,326 posts
95 battles

I know the german BB's are aimed much much different...and I havent honestly figured it out but it seems to be just under the deck lines.

No, that's what you aim when you shoot AT a German BB. Slightly above the water line, because you can't really citadel them. But when driving a KM BB you aim as usual - at the water line.

[K-9]
Members
7 posts
7,644 battles

No, that's what you aim when you shoot AT a German BB. Slightly above the water line, because you can't really citadel them. But when driving a KM BB you aim as usual - at the water line.

ill co-op it and see, thanks.

[K-9]
Members
7 posts
7,644 battles

well that worked for the german BB' Thanks. still bounced a lot of shots on broadsided cruisers tho.

[OWSS]
Beta Testers
794 posts
6,703 battles

I've had the same periods happen to me, and you start thinking the WoWS gods are against you (i can relate).  What i've done to get out of that slump is just go play ships you are really good in until it passes.

...that, and sacrificing a chicken on the first full moon of the month seemed to help.  GL

Edited by GiN_nTonic

[SYN]
Members
8,256 posts
14,111 battles

There have been no changes ingame to account for your issue. Any chance you have started playing higher tiers than previously?

Members
270 posts

Same thing for me. Sometimes it is just not your turn.."Sometimes you are the windshield and sometimes you are the bug". It will get better again you can bet.

Sign in to follow this