Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Anchor_Anchor

Ship repair bills and signal flags

12 comments in this topic

Members
251 posts
1,917 battles

As I am finally approaching T10 ships, repairs is definitely a cost problem.  If we don't or cant pay for the bonus camo, our ships become a major cost to maintain. 

What I propose is:  Remove the 10% reduction to repairs signal flag.  Reduce repair costs by 50% across the board.  Remove repair cost reductions from Camo.

An alternative is to just go flat fee repair costs across the board as a flat fee percentage of the original cost of the ship.  And NO repair costs if you survive the battle.

I completely fail to see the need for this to begin with but do understand its value to the overall economy.  But having negative credits from a battle when so many are now filled with Potato players seems just a bit cruel and unusual punishment.  You might consider have zero(0) credits as a minimum limit. You can be a good player and still get crucified by this undeserving cost.  Ship captains don't pay repairs in the real world, their countries do.  Yeah, there are good counter arguments to that one too under the circumstances.  Essentially I see this reduction as a more positive experience for WG's players.

OK I have been informed that much of this is already in the game.. or at least the flat fee part.  Any suggestions or are you against it being dropped further?

Edited by Anchor_Anchor

Alpha Tester
2,716 posts
4,076 battles

Repair costs are flat across the board now. Used to be based on your shells fired and damage you took. If you aren't making profit, it is because you're not pulling your weight and dishing out enough damage, taking caps, or supporting through spotting damage. I have had games in my Hinden (Tier 10) where before costs I was over 600k, after costs I was still over 500k...

[13TH]
Members
4,898 posts
8,894 battles

Ive got so much good Camo theres no way I could ever use it all because the containers just keep giving me more and more ... wish I could sell some of it

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
14,398 battles

Repair costs are flat across the board now. Used to be based on your shells fired and damage you took. If you aren't making profit, it is because you're not pulling your weight and dishing out enough damage, taking caps, or supporting through spotting damage. I have had games in my Hinden (Tier 10) where before costs I was over 600k, after costs I was still over 500k...

500K??? Dude did you kill the entire red team and cap all three caps???

JHC man..... that is impressive... I am lucky to get 200K and I am doing 100K damage or better... in mine

and the flat repair cost for hindy is 180K i believe... plus other small fees...

Edited by pmgaudio

[SWOB]
[SWOB]
Alpha Tester
1,147 posts
6,651 battles

On a premium account you should turn a reasonable profit in most matches, but you need to do some damage or otherwise contribute to the team.  I just ran a match in my Des Moines which we lost fairly badly.  I got 80k damage and without any bonuses I recieved 121k credits profit after repairs on premium.  On a non-premium account I would have still made 25k or so.  If you contribute substantially to your team and still lose you shouldn't turn a loss on most ships.

80k damage is reasonable, but it's not an extremely high score in that ship.  If you're struggling to turn a profit, or at least avoid a loss of credits you may just need to work on doing more damage.

Edit: And to compare a more mediocre match: I just played a win in the Des Moines with one kill and 46k damage and I turned a 50k profit before any bonuses, it would have been a loss of 28k on a non premium account.

Edited by K538

Members
251 posts
1,917 battles

I should add.. I play DD primarily and my top tier is a Yugumokaze.  100k damage is usually a tough nut.  I am not even 90 days into this but the trends are upwards... Late to the party?  likely..:)  At the same time, when I make 190k credits and get to take home less than 40k.. in a win.... that is punishment.  And I am still of the opinion it is more than it should be.  How many of you commenting have permanent camo?  I don't have stacks of Camo.. and crates are not all that generous.. Any suggestions that don't include paying for it?

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles

I should add.. I play DD primarily and my top tier is a Yugumokaze.  100k damage is usually a tough nut.  I am not even 90 days into this but the trends are upwards... Late to the party?  likely..:)  At the same time, when I make 190k credits and get to take home less than 40k.. in a win.... that is punishment.  And I am still of the opinion it is more than it should be.  How many of you commenting have permanent camo?  I don't have stacks of Camo.. and crates are not all that generous.. Any suggestions that don't include paying for it?

Sounds like you are running 2-3 premium consumables because the service cost for T9 on my FLetcher is 84k.

Members
251 posts
1,917 battles

Sounds like you are running 2-3 premium consumables because the service cost for T9 on my FLetcher is 84k.

​1 premium.. being damage party 2 and it only has 1 upgrade to the gunfire control.   the pain comes from today.. so far.. 1 win 13 losses.... 9 in yugumo.  7 as top exp in those 13 losses, all in DD.. you getting the picture about the costs?  well some frustration too.

Just checked, service cost in Yugumo is 110 in those battles.  Ammo resupply has actually varied between 6800 and 14k.  17k ...does that sound right?

Edited by Anchor_Anchor

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles

​1 premium.. being damage party 2 and it only has 1 upgrade to the gunfire control.   the pain comes from today.. so far.. 1 win 13 losses.... 9 in yugumo.  7 as top exp in those 13 losses, all in DD.. you getting the picture about the costs?  well some frustration too.

Just checked, service cost in Yugumo is 110 in those battles.  Ammo resupply has actually varied between 6800 and 14k.  17k ...does that sound right?

Need to see more info from those battles like total, damage, how many caps you got, potential damage pts, etc.  Those all add up towards your final credit earnings.

Sign in to follow this